KleyLima

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Styles said:

Believe. Mike got us.

Think Pato will have any success here? 

Haven't watched a min of his football since he departed Milan, and he does come across as highly motivated at this move.

As for Big Mike. Nah, I ain't sweating his talents, but trust in the board as a whole is at an all-time low.  

Just now, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Think Pato will have any success here? 

Haven't watched a min of his football since he departed Milan, and he does come across as highly motivated at this move.

As for Big Mike. Nah, I ain't sweating his talents, but trust in the board as a whole is at an all-time low.  

Honestly, I have no idea about Pato. I haven't watched him play since like 2011? Give or take a year

Looking at his recent record he seems to have been able to stay fit and score goals. And with reported wages of about 30k this is the very definition of low risk, high reward. 

Emenalo fans stay winning. Another astute deal in the transfer market. Low risk, high reward type player. But but "he ain't the same player anymore" says the guy who hasn't watched Pato in 5 years. Clean slate for a player who'll be eager to impress in limited time.

5 minutes ago, Gilvorak said:

Emenalo fans stay winning. Another astute deal in the transfer market. Low risk, high reward type player. But but "he ain't the same player anymore" says the guy who hasn't watched Pato in 5 years. Clean slate for a player who'll be eager to impress in limited time.

Many said the same about Falcao. 

I was a big fan of him when he was 22/23 and wanted to see him in Chelsea shirt . Looks like our club is going for all the players they couldn't get during their prime(Torres, Falcao, and now him).

I thought Falcao would succeed  but heck that didn't happen. I really hope he shines, COME ON PATO.

Welcome to CHELSEA FC.

53 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Many said the same about Falcao. 

Difference is Falcao was already finished at Monaco, had massively declined physically and turns 30 next year. Pato hasn't suffered a major injury in 4 years and is just 26.

Also they're completely two different styles of strikers. Falcao has always been reliant on service. Pato can create his own chances and is still relatively quick to get on the end of passes.

47 minutes ago, Gilvorak said:

Difference is Falcao was already finished at Monaco, had massively declined physically and turns 30 next year. Pato hasn't suffered a major injury in 4 years and is just 26.

Also they're completely two different styles of strikers. Falcao has always been reliant on service. Pato can create his own chances and is still relatively quick to get on the end of passes.

Bloody hell man. I don't think I have seen you behaving with this level of optimism before. You're starting to sway my doubts on this singing. I really hope he can emulate the form of his early Milan days. 

45 minutes ago, DDA said:

Bloody hell man. I don't think I have seen you behaving with this level of optimism before. You're starting to sway my doubts on this singing. I really hope he can emulate the form of his early Milan days. 

opinion from someone who clearly has not been following Pato.

Here's how much of a bet this is: his *brazilian* club, Corinthians loaned him off to Sao Paulo, rivals at that, where he was only OK. Sao Paulo was pretty much a non-contender in the last Brazileiro.

At the end of the loan, Corinthians had NO interest in getting Pato back, because frankly he wasn't worth the money they had been paying him.

So, can this deal work? Yeah sure! However, it is the craziest thing I've ever heard of. Falcao made some sense, but Pato makes no sense.

Welcome Fiorella!

Welcome to the Chelsea family and best of luck. 

To the inevitable comparisons with Falcao, firstly, coming from the Brazilian league, Pato's wage is undoubtedly considerably less even after Falcao's rumored wage cut.

Secondly, obviously getting Pato is a risk, but it's an understandable one to take se as there are very few available options in the market in January; unlike when we signed Falcao in the summer when there were a lot of other options on the market.

Finally, Pato's issues at Milan were always his lack of fitness and chronic injuries, but whenever fit he was usually pretty consistent and would still perform to a very good level unlike Falcao who has failed to perform well since his injury.

I'm not saying, btw, that Pato will set the world alight here, there is little proof to suggest that, but I am saying that his chances of performing well and becoming a part of the team are much higher than Falcao's were when he joined in the summer. And if he can stay fit and recreate his Milan levels then we get a bargain in the summer for 8m.