Alexandre Pato

KleyLima

3 hours ago, Azul said:

If he is on form then he is on par with the best in the world.

Back when he was in form:

vs Inter

vs Napoli

I find great irony seeing this post with your signature.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think the plan is to keep on gambling and get it right once. But Chelsea might just be the equivalent of an Average Joe buying lottery tickets.

This move doesn't make sense. If he's looking to kick start his career again, why join Chelsea? Sub appareances and the odd start here and there is an extremely hard way to make a name for yourself. And what does this mean for Kenedy? He was doing well and was starting develop into quite the impact sub. Now his game time goes to Pato? That would be another great example of Chelsea ruining a good thing.

The Pato of old is gone. What set him apart as a youngster was his great athleticism. He's not in that shape anymore.

Don't understand this move. He's not necessary. Wish the club would've gambled with a centreback, fullback or centre midfielder. This obsession with (ordinary) attacking players is tiresome.

4 hours ago, Azul said:

If he is on form then he is on par with the best in the world.

Back when he was in form:

vs Inter

vs Napoli

Robinho looked alright in that first video too.  

Sign of how long ago that was = Seedorf

I forget how young Pato was when he burst on the scene.  I'm okay with this move.  It's low risk.

6 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Wouldn't you if you won the lottery :clown: From south american has-been to the Premier Champions. I am seriously thinking of pulling on the old boots again as you never know.....I could be spotted by our scouts who might see my potential, and it seems like we have money to throw away on has-beens....I fit the bill perfectly :D

8 hours ago, Azul said:

@kmk108

Care to explain?

You posted videos of Pato from years ago to point out that he can be good, while your signature says Ivanovic is shit but he's only been shit half a year (and with some good performances scattered throughout).

2 minutes ago, kmk108 said:

You posted videos of Pato from years ago to point out that he can be good, while your signature says Ivanovic is shit but he's only been shit half a year (and with some good performances scattered throughout).

Ivanovic has been horrendous since 2014.

31 minutes ago, Hybrid Angel said:

Not constantly, but since January 2013 actually. As @kmk108 says there have been many excellent games in there but the truly dreadful ones started against Swansea in the League Cup semi-final.

28 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Not constantly, but since January 2013 actually. As @kmk108 says there have been many excellent games in there but the truly dreadful ones started against Swansea in the League Cup semi-final.

57 minutes ago, Hybrid Angel said:

I don't agree at all. I think he was very important to the title win last season. He wasn't perfect, but no one was.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/premier-league-chelsea-branislav-ivanovic/

1 hour ago, kmk108 said:

I don't agree at all. I think he was very important to the title win last season. He wasn't perfect, but no one was.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/premier-league-chelsea-branislav-ivanovic/

Yes he absolutely was a very important contributor to the title but it is nevertheless true that the first of his just can't do anything right outings was vs The Swans at The Bridge in that semi-final. He then suffered a dreadful run of form over the next couple of months including being even worse in the second leg of that tie. His displays around that time led me to come up with a wild theory about what was going on with Brana but I'm keeping it to myself because it's not the sort of thing you say without evidence, and I have none.

Great deal for me. Remy looks set to leave, Falcao is done and isn't our player anyway meaning we simply need more strikers. I also really like that Pato is a Brazilian meaning he'll fit in great with our Brazilian homies!

Not a lot of available strikers under 30m anyway at the moment.