Alexandre Pato

KleyLima

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Azul said:

Back when he was in form:

Ah yes, the famous phrase. I'm waiting for the infamous "form is temporary, class is permanent" rhetoric we're so used to describing with our aforementioned strikers.

Search YouTube for Torres and Falcao 'in form' and it makes for a good marketing ploy in football.

Not saying Pato's doomed for failure, but it's just seems like another washed up 'name' to sell shirts :lol:

13 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

Ah yes, the famous phrase. I'm waiting for the infamous "form is temporary, class is permanent" rhetoric we're so used to describing with our aforementioned strikers.

Search YouTube for Torres and Falcao 'in form' and it makes for a good marketing ploy in football.

Not saying Pato's doomed for failure, but it's just seems like another washed up 'name' to sell shirts :lol:

I'm trying to stay positive and believe me when I say this: I know a thing or two about Pato.

AC Milan is my second team so I have been watching every Milan game that he was involved in. Injuries cost him his career so that has been his downfall. Skillwise he was very good. It looks like his move to Brazil rejuvenated him. But it's tough to say because Brazil is a weak league compared to the top leagues in Europa.

If he stays fit, is in form then expect big things. He is young, has skill and is a natural born finisher. He just needs to stay fit and find his rhythm in the BPL.

Did Pato come back from a serious injury like an ACL? Anyone know if his speed is still the same of old?  

Im trying to be hopeful but after all the failed strikers at Chelsea you have to be a little cautious before getting too excited with  record failures; Falcao, Torres, Shevchenko, Kezman, Mutu, etc..

Please oh please prove me wrong.......But to me this is just another washed up, high profile name looking for a final big payday at our expense.

I hope he doesn't join our ever growing list of failures up front like Falcao and Torres. Two guys who some years ago were the top dogs and now couldn't kick snow off a rope!!!!

I wish him all the very best,but I think he has had his day some years ago and has not hit those heights since.

1 hour ago, Azul said:

I'm trying to stay positive and believe me when I say this: I know a thing or two about Pato.

AC Milan is my second team so I have been watching every Milan game that he was involved in. Injuries cost him his career so that has been his downfall. Skillwise he was very good. It looks like his move to Brazil rejuvenated him. But it's tough to say because Brazil is a weak league compared to the top leagues in Europa.

If he stays fit, is in form then expect big things. He is young, has skill and is a natural born finisher. He just needs to stay fit and find his rhythm in the BPL.

In Brazil he was sent out on loan from his parent club before Chelsea took him.........Doesn't bode well I fear, but hey its not the first calamatous striker we have taken in :clown:

8 minutes ago, Gilvorak said:

Why is Pato being compared to Falcao, Torres, Sheva etc when he's not even a striker lol? He's wide forward/winger. And he's only 26, he's still extremely young. Reading this thread you'd think he's almost 30.

with 26 he has had more injuries than some players with 30 though. considering the fact, that the EPL is very demanding, this could lead to a lot more injuries. futhermore he is playing as a striker mostly at Brazil and I think we also bought him as an option for our striking department and not for the wing. lacks the speed and dynamic to play on the wing in my opinion. Transfer is a stop-gap but nothing more. Pato is way past his prime, already at 26.

And are people really posting videos from 2011? Well we also could post videos from Torres from 2009/2008 and get him back. At Pool he was probably top 3 striker in the world so...

1 hour ago, Parky said:

Did Pato come back from a serious injury like an ACL? Anyone know if his speed is still the same of old?  

Im trying to be hopeful but after all the failed strikers at Chelsea you have to be a little cautious before getting too excited with  record failures; Falcao, Torres, Shevchenko, Kezman, Mutu, etc..

As far as I know it was just niggle injuries and nothing serious. A lot of minor injuries that added up.

37 minutes ago, Starman60 said:

In Brazil he was sent out on loan from his parent club before Chelsea took him.........Doesn't bode well I fear, but hey its not the first calamatous striker we have taken in :clown:

He was loaned because he didn't fit tactically. Nothing to do with his ability (or so I've been told).