Alexandre Pato

KleyLima

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Can't believe people are berating someone who's clearly very happy to be here. He's genuinely ecstatic about it. Excited for him. 

Could be just the tonic we need,hope he has some luck and hits the ground running.

Haha it's really hard not to like the guy on a fan level - He'll probably be a hit around SB like Ramires was.

Enthusiasm like that can have a positive effect on the game mentality of that player too, so hey good luck kid.

22 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Can't believe people are berating someone who's clearly very happy to be here. He's genuinely ecstatic about it. Excited for him. 

Kinda puzzling comment to be honest....  Is there anyone here who wants Pato do fail?! I truly hope people can tell the difference between what one wants versus what he believes will take place.

Because all comments have pretty much only shown what the reality is - exclusively based on his recent, and not so recent, poor performances.

BTW, I for one did not know that being happy, and wanting to join chelsea, were the only requirements really... :) If so, we might as well widen the rage of players we consider in a very dangerous way... pub players here we come! Just be happy! Hey the tens of thousands of dollars you gonna earn weekly might do the trick anyway... :) 

4 hours ago, Spike said:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2609730-the-second-coming-of-pato-hope-remains-for-brazils-great-enigma-at-chelsea

Decent article on him. Please don't worry, I know it's Bleacher Report but it's quite a well written piece.

That was indeed really good! Thanks!

I've grown up supporting gremio, blues from the south of Brazil . A cold (er than the rest of Brazil) region and a club which historically plays a more pragmatic style - prob from German influence. Ah yeah Pato is originally from gremio's arch rivals internacional.

with that out of that out of the way, as soon as I laid eyes on Pato I thought he was a Romario, a Ronaldo9 something like. At that moment I began rooting for him to truly achieve his potential, because frankly I just wanted to see what he would do on the pitch. Then the injuries came and the rest is history.

I no longer believe that he has that same high ceiling From a Chelsea POV it may still be a win-win situation. But that potential genius is gone.

It may be difficult for someone like me, who has glimpsed greatness in Pato, to aim lower and expect him to potentially become "only" a good player. Perhaps my expectations remain too high and I should just accept that that ship has sailed.

8 hours ago, Robguima said:

I've grown up supporting gremio, blues from the south of Brazil . A cold (er than the rest of Brazil) region and a club which historically plays a more pragmatic style - prob from German influence. Ah yeah Pato is originally from gremio's arch rivals internacional.

with that out of that out of the way, as soon as I laid eyes on Pato I thought he was a Romario, a Ronaldo9 something like. At that moment I began rooting for him to truly achieve his potential, because frankly I just wanted to see what he would do on the pitch. Then the injuries came and the rest is history.

I no longer believe that he has that same high ceiling From a Chelsea POV it may still be a win-win situation. But that potential genius is gone.

It may be difficult for someone like me, who has glimpsed greatness in Pato, to aim lower and expect him to potentially become "only" a good player. Perhaps my expectations remain too high and I should just accept that that ship has sailed.

I feel exactly the same. That hope will always be there. 

On 02/02/2016 at 5:19 AM, Robguima said:

I think I'm the exact opposite to you.

Having watched a fair bit of Pato at Milan I formed the opinion that he was another in the long line of talented players who flatter to deceive. They look good, but they deliver little. In other words, I never expected much from him. Now he's a Chelsea player however, I find myself hoping that he really is as good as his attributes make it seem he might be. In a nutshell, my opinion is low, but my hopes are high.

‘Since I arrived I have been made to feel very welcome. All the players have helped me settle a lot and that is a big thing. They will help me express myself with freedom on the pitch and to be incorporated into the team.

‘The coach met me here at Cobham and introduced me to all the staff from all the different departments. He has given me the support to have a great rest of season at Chelsea.’ 

In January 2013, Pato returned to his native Brazil after five-and-a-half years in Italy. He signed for Corinthians and more recently had a very successful loan spell with their city rivals Sao Paulo.

‘I went to Brazil to learn more about my body and my physique: what to do before training, during training, after training, even after the match,’ explains Pato of his decision to return home.

‘I learned a lot about myself and how to look after myself, and now Chelsea have opened the doors to me for this opportunity, I am very happy to be back in Europe.’

‘I feel very good physically. Obviously as a player you need game time to be at your best but I feel prepared, I have been training well, and hopefully with games and time I can adapt.

‘I have heard a lot about the Premier League and I had the chance to play against English opposition when I was at AC Milan, including Chelsea. It’s a different league, very hard, very physical, with a lot of contact, and hopefully with my pace and my ability I will be able to help the team. I’m hoping to contribute a lot and have a great time here.

‘I know I only have a few months until the end of the season but what I can promise is that I am prepared to do my best, and I am prepared to play to the best of my ability to help during the few months left of the campaign.’