Alexandre Pato

KleyLima

Better (and a lot younger) than both Remy and Falcao IMO.

Also, only a loan deal I've heard with an option to buy in the summer for 8mil which isn't a bad price for a small gamble.

He'll never be the superstar he once threatened to be, that potential has gone, but I've heard from people who watch the Brazilian leagues that he's still a useful striker and that he was loaned out because he didn't fit the corinthians playing style and system (so I've been told).

Not a bad low risk purchase IMO. Now sell Remy for the 12mil that's being quoted, get rid of Falcao and give Bamford a damn chance. The guy deserves it.

Oh and invest that 12mil into a CB or CM, please.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, King11Didier said:

Would like to see him in action for some minutes against MK.

Yeah it would be good to see what he can offer us but I very much doubt that he will even be on the bench for the MK game, he hasn't played an official match for months so he'll probably not be in the match game squad for a week or two atleast...

23 minutes ago, chrismada9 said:

Loan with option to buy I think...

..if Chelsea could get their thumbs out of their arse and announce the news on the website, we might get an assured idea!

The club has been embarrassed before by premature announcements. Not that the worst case, Robinho, was directly CFC's fault but the world doesn't care about that when they hand out the criticisms. Since then Chelsea have become the most conservative club in the world when it comes to announcing deals.

20 minutes ago, Thendo said:

Yeah it would be good to see what he can offer us but I very much doubt that he will even be on the bench for the MK game, he hasn't played an official match for months so he'll probably not be in the match game squad for a week or two atleast...

Tonight's 21s game will be too soon for any involvement but they have another game on Sunday. Maybe he could get half an hour there. That game is away in Sunderland however so perhaps that won't work either because, with the travel, it would mean losing time to work with the first team squad.. If it were at Cobham, it might have been ideal.

1 hour ago, Topico said:

Alexandre Pato's move to Chelsea has hit a snag due to complications with the loan fee. [Sky Sources]

I'm not on the inside of the inner workings of football deals, but shouldn't the things like ££££ be sorted out before the flight and medical?

Does anyone else get the impression that these "professionals" aren't all that put together?  Madrid not faxing in documents, for example.  Most junior office clerks can handle that.

I wouldn't put it past SKY to be creating a story because things have gone 'quiet'

Anyone could of got credibility to use the word 'snag' as he arrived yesterday and not much has happened since...."Quick headline"....everyone panics.

What would be ideal for me is offloading Remy and Falco and bringing in Pato with someone like Robin Van Persie. Costa, RVP, Pato sounds good you know. 

I'm just an eternal optimist though. Pats at Milan was one of my favourite players. I hope he can be useful for us. 

2 hours ago, The Skipper said:

What would be ideal for me is offloading Remy and Falco and bringing in Pato with someone like Robin Van Persie. Costa, RVP, Pato sounds good you know. 

I'm just an eternal optimist though. Pats at Milan was one of my favourite players. I hope he can be useful for us. 

Eto'o and Torres also sounded good 2 years ago on paper...didn't really hit the heights though even though Eto'o was good in stages. (But yeah, we had no main striker like Costa at the time)

If Pato does come here, I also hope he can be useful..not too optimistic though.

Hiddink on Pato...

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/chelsea-press-conference-live-alexandre-10807724

“Pato is in London. He was well spotted.

“There are no secrets. He’s now in the process of paperwork.

“We won’t rush it and soon he can go on the pitch.”

A journalist compared Pato to Romario and Hiddink said...

“If you see the record of Romario, that was a long time ago.

“If you compare the records he still has a long way to go.

“We give him all the time in the world to settle to the very demanding league and then it’s up to him to make this gap smaller.

“He was a promising younster (in Milan) and it was nice to see a stylish players.

“After that he did not have a big step in Europe, he went to Brazilian, and now he can make a brave step in England.

“We will help him to get fit.”

On January 25, 2016 at 10:53 AM, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

So we probably won't actually see him on the pitch for a while judging by what he said. He won't be match fit for a couple of weeks is my guess.

The phrase "helping him get fit" just makes me cringe, though. We said the same with Falcao. As if Chelsea FC is a rehab clinic now or a charity that helps crocked players heal.