The Mourinho Thread

I said "praise", not "complain". Positive praises do not interest anyone? If that's the case, then we should start filling this place with negative posts and don't even bother about praising the team and players' performances.

Naaa that is just the nature of forums really, they are decided for people to discuss things but most of the debate will stem from controversial/negative points which other can counter(obviously not talking about troll). I mean if people post 'Best manager in the world :)' and that type of stuff, what would your response be?... erm ok good to know?

Praising is to do when people attending matches...etc where the players/manager can directly see it, who cares about it on here? we are all Chelsea fans so at the end of the day we will still love the team, like most players. We don't have to put up praises consistently to prove that.

Liverpool fan on replacement for Rodgers:

'If the question was who would I like to be in-charge I'd say Mourinho or Pepe but if you throw the REALISTIC phrase in then Rafa has to be top of the list....because no doubt he'd be back in a flash and is a better manager than what we have now.'

I cannot stress often enough how lucky we are to have Mourinho.

Liverpool fan on replacement for Rodgers:

'If the question was who would I like to be in-charge I'd say Mourinho or Pepe but if you throw the REALISTIC phrase in then Rafa has to be top of the list....because no doubt he'd be back in a flash and is a better manager than what we have now.'

I cannot stress often enough how lucky we are to have Mourinho.

which Pepe they are talking about? Reina?

Somewhat amazed at how quiet this thread is. When we dropped points against City and United, people went on a rampage at how negative/defensive/pragmatic Mourinho was in those matches. Now, we didn't really see any of that from Mourinho against Liverpool and nobody even seem to say anything good about it, especially when people were calling for him to be braver in those two matches.

The 'moaning' took place in the post-match thread because once again, going defensive after taking the lead almost cost us. We could barely retain possession and kept gifting the ball back to them but in the end that mattered not, mostly because they're shite.

The tactical arrogance of Pellegrini and Rodgers is starting to catch up with them.

They both think there teams should only play one way regardless of the oppo. The City CSKA match for example, CSKA turned up in Manchester with a game plan, executed it to perfection and got the points, Pellegrini just rolled out his default tactics.

Purists who have this arrogant way off "we only play this way" are ruining the game. Yeah it looks good when there teams click but when it's not going right they don't know what to do and have the mentality off "we were smashing teams 8 months ago keep doing this were start doing the same again".

Yep that is why Pep got a pasting a few months ago with Bayern too, now they are much more direct and passing quicker. Jose also changed a bit from the full on bus parking strategy because of result against City imo. We are now unlikely to play that extreme defensively anymore unless we meet Bayern/Real or Barca. Against someone like Atletico I think Jose has learned his lesson and won't instruct the team to do the same as last year anymore.

Worse, when they lose they have the mentality of "we played 'good' football" as if their moral victory is more important than actually winning.

When I lose to my best mate on fifa but have more possession I joke about moral victory and playing within the spirit of the game and can't even keep a straight face for a second, it's quite surreal that they are actually being serious when they say it.

When I lose to my best mate on fifa but have more possession I joke about moral victory and playing within the spirit of the game and can't even keep a straight face for a second, it's quite surreal that they are actually being serious when they say it.

They've got EUFA and FIFA and a whole media propaganda behind them advertising that. Very sad that a lot of the newer football fans actually believe that, though none of them can actually explain "why".

"Either way one thing is certain. Unless Chelsea start to drop some points soon and a legitimate challenger emerges with an extended run of wins, the 2015 Premier League title race may turn out to be no race at all"

http://www.forbes.com/sites/bobbymcmahon/2014/11/09/how-chelsea-could-turn-the-premier-league-race-into-no-race-at-all/

Arsene Wenger: Nobody can catch league leaders Chelsea

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29982200