The Mourinho Thread

Mourinho Turned Down Manchester United Job to Return to Chelsea

That's ought to touch the nerve of Man United fans who still think it was the other way around.

Definitely worth a read considering it's written by Duncan Castles. He's been pretty much sport on with most of what he's reported about Mourinho since his return.

Have Mourinho ever didn't sign anybody in January in every season, at every club he managed?

2004-05 : jarosik

2005-06 : maniche (on loan)

2006-07 : none

2010-11 :adebayor (loan)

2011-12 : none

2012-13 : diego lopez

2013-14 : matic and salah

so jose does not really like winter signings, which is what really suprises me with people saying pique and reus and khedira and god knows who will join us. last season's matic signing was essential for the development of the team and salah was a forced buy since we sold mata and kdb. except for that, i would say only lopez was a high profile buy and that was mainly due to casillas' terrible form.

Jeremie Boga, Dominic Solanke, Patrick Bamford, Isaiah Brown and Nathaniel Chalobah are all highly ranked by the Special One. #CFC (Mirror)

to be honest, the highly ranked youth player seems to be nathan ake.

Very suprised that baker is not on the list.

2004-05 : jarosik

2005-06 : maniche (on loan)

2006-07 : none

2010-11 :adebayor (loan)

2011-12 : none

2012-13 : diego lopez

2013-14 : matic and salah

so jose does not really like winter signings, which is what really suprises me with people saying pique and reus and khedira and god knows who will join us. last season's matic signing was essential for the development of the team and salah was a forced buy since we sold mata and kdb. except for that, i would say only lopez was a high profile buy and that was mainly due to casillas' terrible form.

Thank you for the list. Hmm, wouldn't surprise me then if Jose don't buy anyone in January. Seems he is only sign someone when needed. Our squad are in a good form and doesn't really need any changes.

to be honest, the highly ranked youth player seems to be nathan ake.

Very suprised that baker is not on the list.

Maybe he doesn't think of Ake and maybe Baker as youth players any more, seeing as they are with the first team this year? Because like you said, Ake, Baker and Solanke are definitely top of the queue ATM.