The Mourinho Thread

By the way we had the best Attacking 3 at the start of the season coupled with a decent defence. Our squad like for like was better than city at the start of the season except in the striker department

Our attacking three were nowhere near the maturity level of City's. There is no shame in admitting that. David Silva , Nasri and Navas. It\s not always about talent. However I'd like to hear your definition of best. There is no way in hell our squad was better than City's.

Our defense was poor when we started out and now is probably one of the best in European.

Doubt he had much say in it. Torres was called a Roman buy and he proved by lasting this long in the blue shirt. That also partly our scout's faults too. Too closed minded and for some reason thinking Aguero isn't worth all that or Suarez was looking to leave Ajax, but we needed a 'wow' signing and who at the time were better than Torres...

And that's why I tend to agree with those that claim Torres was purchased for his marketability. If he was bought solely for footballing reasons (which should have been the case) then everyone involved in the deal acted like amateurs and incompetent clowns. Torres was clearly a shadow of his former self way before we bought him. he didn't turn to shit overnight. The writing was clearly on the wall but chose to ignore it. that's amateurish and highly optimistic at best.

And that's why I tend to agree with those that claim Torres was purchased for his marketability. If he was bought solely for footballing reasons (which should have been the case) then everyone involved in the deal acted like amateurs and incompetent clowns. Torres was clearly a shadow of his former self way before we bought him. he didn't turn to shit overnight. The writing was clearly on the wall but chose to ignore it. that's amateurish and highly optimistic at best.

More amateurish is not getting rid of him as soon as it was obvious he's not what we thought we bought and while people still didn't realize how bad he is.

Right now what hope do we have of any decent club wanting him? Well, Inter rumours may be true as their transfer dealings are mostly facepalm-inducing recently, so there is hope.

I can't help but think Torres is being pushed out, cruelly so. But I rememeber in the middle of the season we already were talking about Hazard and Oscar ignoring him on the pitch, which too is a problem, if your midfielders refuse to pass to your striker because they know for sure he won't finish anyway.

Lack of striker is surely not the only problem in our team. But it almost looks like Mourinho is doing his best to get rid of him any way possible.

Blaming tonight's performance solely on the strikers is a poor excuse. Cavani and Ibra both had shit games tonight and yet they still outclassed us.

Signing Cavani or Costa is not magically going to improve our build up play, ability to break down packed defenses, decision making in the final third and crossing.

There's a reason Drogba had by far his best season under Ancelotti rather than Jose.

Yes, there many reasons actually...and they're not really down to Ancelloti.

Drogba's other 3 good seasons happened with Mourinho, and he would have probably had his best in 2006-2007 if it were not for injury.

Coming back to the problem with strikers and service....its a problem that has long lasted in this Chelsea,. Like I said in another thread...unless its someone who can hold up play like Didier, or work their asses off like Anelka/Eto'o, no forward is going to have much joy playing here..with the way our midfield has been setup (and tbh, that's how we successfully control games.in most matches).

the sun today claimed that Jose is losing it because he hasnt played Zouma and Van Ginkel much yet.

Just when you think the media couldn't lower the bar.

Those clowns misdated the april fools it seems...

Today, Jose claimed Chelsea can win the PL.

Oh boy, what a day.

Torres is here to stay, he works very hard, he says. Then, why wasn´t Ferda used in Paris, I would like to know?

Every week, Jose yaps a different tune. What a fine man our bombastic Jose is.

Truth be told, Mourinho is a great manager, probably one of the best in the world.

But sometimes he needs to just shut up and let the team do it's own talking in the field.

Truth be told, Mourinho is a great manager, probably one of the best in the world.

But sometimes he needs to just shut up and let the team do it's own talking in the field.

No kidding. His yapping does not help the players, at all. One week, the team is C quality eggs, little horses looking for milk..

Ferda was useless 3 days ago, today Jose claimed he works hard? It´s a fucking joke, the whole club looks stupid, fans are laughing at it...I do not like it.