The Mourinho Thread

In my opinion, Jose cant be blamed for Mata's exit because he is only doing what he thinks is best for the club!

I mean, in all his interviews he has spoken highly of Juan and I even felt a sense of guilty for letting such a good player on the bench.

However, there is nothing anyone could have done. Managers always have their perfered style and Mata-Jose just dont go well together. It is unfortunate, but it is true!

It was never going to work and the best for both parties is to just part ways, unfortunately...

Now, if I were him (especially if he really wants to be here long term), I would never give United a chance of rebirth. I would talk to Mata and say you still need him and ask for him to wait until the Summer. Juan is not the kind of player who would cause trouble over it!

I would use him in the 6 remaining months and then work out a better deal with a better team...

Of course it's because of Mourinho that Mata left. I had a few concerns with Chelsea re-hiring Mourinho and the first was that many of our players didn't fit Mourinho's system and Jose wasn't a very flexible manager. He has his system and that's what he always plays. He emphasizes defensive responsibility, pressure, and counter-attack and only players who fit into that system will have success and players who don't will be ousted. Mata was always a poor fit and it's not really a surprise that he's on the way out. We hired Mourinho and we are sticking with him so this is the result. There's no surprise here and long-term it makes no sense to have an elite player wasting away on your bench. His value to other teams is way greater than it is to us so we might as well maximize that to get players that fit.

Of course it's because of Mourinho that Mata left. I had a few concerns with Chelsea re-hiring Mourinho and the first was that many of our players didn't fit Mourinho's system and Jose wasn't a very flexible manager. He has his system and that's what he always plays. He emphasizes defensive responsibility, pressure, and counter-attack and only players who fit into that system will have success and players who don't will be ousted. Mata was always a poor fit and it's not really a surprise that he's on the way out. We hired Mourinho and we are sticking with him so this is the result. There's no surprise here and long-term it makes no sense to have an elite player wasting away on your bench. His value to other teams is way greater than it is to us so we might as well maximize that to get players that fit.

It is because of Mourinho, but he cant be blamed for it!

Salah to Chelsea.

Mata to United.

United gets 4th spot.

Suarez to Chelsea.

Genius.

Salah to Chelsea.

Mata to United.

Liverpool gets 4th place.

Rooney to Chelsea.

Genius.

One of Rooney or Suarez will join us in the summer. Heard it here first.

Sorry to bust your bubble but Suarez release clause is 100m for English teams and 60m for European teams

Yes Jose, we are 'really really calm in this transfer window, the market is open for other clubs, for us not so much.'

Never trust this man when it comes to tranfers! Don't panic when he says we are not after any striker etc!

LOL, he always does it!

Only the fanboys trust what he says in his press conferences. Jose is the best at manipulating the media!

Out: Mata, De Bruyne, Bertrand, Essien (?), Ba (?)

In: Matic, Salah, new defender (?), new CF (?)

Some of these have already happened and some are heavily rumoured. Mourinho turned this January window into real life Football Manager, players coming and going like crazy. :lol:

So all that change in philosophy in our playing style was all BS then. Too bad.

I'm not complaining about the results that it'll give us...but we've already been there, done that. Mata was practically made for that kind of football. Well, at least I know to never take José at face value again. I was looking forward to the change, even if that meant taking a few losses along the way.

So just because our philosophy is not possession based it means we're playing boring football? right...

It makes me laugh those who are slagging of some of the posters here as Mata fan boys or Plastic fans because they said something that was not praising Mourinho all the time are in themselves not Chelsea fans but just Mourinho worshipers who think of him first before the club

Exactly!!

People just assume everyone loves possession football. I very much prefer quick counter football. I think the bayern vs dortmund champs league final was one of the best uefa final. And it was between two teams who play quick counter attacking football. How bayern played last season on the counter with robben and ribery terrorizing on the wings is how I pray we play.

Not passing for 10mins just because you can.

What about the UEFA super cup against Bayern?

We counter attack and they just attack and attack and attack.

I love that shit!

It was amazing, total futbol from Bayern, not that boring tiki taka from Barcelona.