The Mourinho Thread

Stingray what are you still saying? Go to the guten tag thread i left a reply, maybe that should clear the air up a bit.

Didier you took my replies out of context, i even gave proof of so many mistakes mou made. its just that the polarizing effect here is having too much influence on you guys.

I respect your opinions and agree that we shouldn't trust Mourinho blindly - afterall he is just a human like we all. It's just that -using cliches- you have come to the wrong neighbourhood. People are and will be biased about Jose Mourinho in Chelsea - a match made in heaven. He has achieved great things, great records and naturally we want that to continue here. So in a sense we have set the bar very high for him and -especially looking at the stats you've posted- I hope he will not deliver less than expected, because the fall will be very high.

I don't believe into the posts that say Mourinho should be given years to build his legacy. Why? Because if in principle we do keep him for long term but for some reason the team doesn't deliver - the same fans that always call for manager's heads will also demand his sacking. After all, old habits die hard.

Take care, madridista!

u mean to say mou wanted KAKA who most RM supporters blame mou for destroying his career. moreover he bought angel, ozil and khedira who were a BIG part of madrid's league winning side.

as u said , madrid has been a sham in the last 10 years and the first job for mou to do was STEADY THE SHIP. give the players A WINNING MENTALITY. there must be a reason that coached like ancelotti, del bosque, pelegrini failed at RM and mou had to clean their mess. just being announce as a new manager does not give u a clean slate to work with so u are completely wrong when u say that he should not be compared to others, or the club's failing should not overrule his failing.

also mou has screwed up this season. modric signing, poor man-management, etc etc but its not all his fault. infact mou has been the best thing that happened to RM in a ling time.

No mou did not want kaka when he wasnt even here...Kaka was brought at the end of 08/09.

Only fools blame mou for ruining kaka's career. There were many factors but mou didnt single handedly do anything and dont just generalize into thinking i think that.

He didnt bring ozil, valdano did, any educated madrid fan knows this but i dont blame you. Angel Di Maria is not too much of a good player ive given a analysis in the luka modric thread. They were all "big parts" of mourinho's team because he made them so but it doesnt mean they did a good job or should have been there.

Mourinho made a BIG mistake by making our midfield so immobile, i really gave my analysis of this in my first post. Read it again if ud like but i really dont feel like going over it aagain.

Ancelotti has never coached us, and he was given power and money due to his reputation of the special one. Again refer to my op.

Mou the best thing that has happened? I dont think so, difference of opinions, i respect your opinion but i really wrote pretty much all i had to say in the OP. He was given power and gave us bad image, lack of trophies, and failed, and its not all his fault but he has big fault, but the definition of failure is different for many here but i tried to put it all in my first post, PAGES AGO.

Well first I totally agree with your first line.

3 to 4 years is a lot in today's modern world.

Why? Because of the money that is managed. It's much easier to build a squad in such a short time, then it took before.

So most top managers get only that, 3 to 4 years and you will get measured based on that.

Second, the players "dream" has nothing to do with history!!!!!

Look at Liverpool, much more history then us, and you don't hear that now.

Why?

Because a player wants to get pay good and challenge to trophies.

If Madrid did not had the money or payed good, nobody on earth will dream of playing there.

Third, for 10 years achieve nothing?

So your telling me that Barcelona won the league for 10 years straight in a row???

Cause the only thing of importance that Mourinho won was a league. So are you saying that past managers never won that?

And last good players come whey they are paid good and see that the club is spending on top players.

Torres left Liverpool, because Liverpool was not spending big on top players. And because of that he came to Chelsea.

as i said before, players will come only when they say the chance of winning a trophy, can u say that for pool. HELL NO. this buying player and paying him stuff will still be there in the future but u wont be able to buy a SQUAD. due to FFP , a club will have to build a SQUAD which wont happen unless a good manager stays for a period (which is more than 9 months)

madrid won 3 la ligas in the 10 years before mou took over. pretty bad for a 2 horse race i would say and that too having the world's BEST players by a margin. also barca was no where as great and dominant in those years as when mou took over.

for the last point, again go to the top. player is not equal to trophy. A SQUAD + A GOOD MANAGER is equal to a trophy. buying players is just one part.

#Chelsea esta listo para vender a Ivanovic & Luiz x £40m al #Barca.Mourinho ha dado el aval.segun

Post it in English please.

And guys if you are gonna post any news/stories/rumours, please post it with a source for goodness sake!

Would really love for us to turn Stamford Bridge into a fortress once again. Too long we have played at home without that fear factor, though it's not necessarily a bad thing without it either.

This. The days where you saw we were playing at home and it was a question of whether we won or drew the match. Losing wasn't even in the thought process. A return of that would be pretty special.

I respect your opinions and agree that we shouldn't trust Mourinho blindly - afterall he is just a human like we all. It's just that -using cliches- you have come to the wrong neighbourhood. People are and will be biased about Jose Mourinho in Chelsea - a match made in heaven. He has achieved great things, great records and naturally we want that to continue here. So in a sense we have set the bar very high for him and -especially looking at the stats you've posted- I hope he will not deliver less than expected, because the fall will be very high.

I don't believe into the posts that say Mourinho should be given years to build his legacy. Why? Because if in principle we do keep him for long term but for some reason the team doesn't deliver - the same fans that always call for manager's heads will also demand his sacking. After all, old habits die hard.

Take care, madridista!

I believe i agree and understand, thanks for the message. i of course am not sure if hes capable enough of long term but he loves chelsea and chelsea loves him so if he can prove my hypothesis wrong in that sense the time is now, like i said in my 1st post.

I apologize to anyone i offended.

No mou did not want kaka when he wasnt even here...Kaka was brought at the end of 08/09.

Only fools blame mou for ruining kaka's career. There were many factors but mou didnt single handedly do anything and dont just generalize into thinking i think that.

He didnt bring ozil, valdano did, any educated madrid fan knows this but i dont blame you. Angel Di Maria is not too much of a good player ive given a analysis in the luka modric thread. They were all "big parts" of mourinho's team because he made them so but it doesnt mean they did a good job or should have been there.

Mourinho made a BIG mistake by making our midfield so immobile, i really gave my analysis of this in my first post. Read it again if ud like but i really dont feel like going over it aagain.

Ancelotti has never coached us, and he was given power and money due to his reputation of the special one. Again refer to my op.

Mou the best thing that has happened? I dont think so, difference of opinions, i respect your opinion but i really wrote pretty much all i had to say in the OP. He was given power and gave us bad image, lack of trophies, and failed, and its not all his fault but he has big fault, but the definition of failure is different for many here but i tried to put it all in my first post, PAGES AGO.

first thing first HIDDINK, not ancelotti. my mistake.

ozil was bought by whoever but who cares. you just defended del bosque and pellegrini by saying those were not their signings but why not the same to mou. moreover if ozil was not his signing then i respect mou even more to make him such an integral part of his team and to get the best out of him. also how di maria and ozil dint do a good job is beyond me and nothing u say if ever gonna change that.

he made madrid a team that has gone on to dominate barca in the latest of exchanges. the 5-0 was a shambles but that is a sign of a great coach to learn from his mistake and change it. mou definitely did that.

"lack of trophies"- again when the reference is bad, it comes as a suprise that any trophy was not good enough.

Like i said didier, i asaid most in the OP and dont want to type too much no more lol.

I never blamed mou for ozil at all, i never even mentioned ozil, although mesut has not be used as well in madrid as in germany.

I gave my analysis of di maria in the luka modric thread. To put simply he cost us 28 million euros and what we what got was a player who is predictable in his dribbling, his passing other than his final ball and work ethic sucks, and he is inconsistent as the first half of his madrid career was the only acceptable one.

After he came back from his injury in mid 11/12 he has had little impact and fell even more this year. But the core player he is is that of a overpriced, diver, who fails to perform when it matters.

oNE THING is to score goals and assists against Real murcia or mallorca but when you fail against the best teams which is what matters, it leaves a sour taste.

Dont let the assists fool you, or the videos on youtube, he is not world class, and not worth more than 15 million. Playing more than 25 now that the world has seen him would be a mistake. That is my opinion and i suggest you go to the luka modric thread for more if you wish.

He's just stating his opinion. If you don't like what you see - block him. I suggest you look up the 'Internet hate machine' thread Spike posted some time ago.

Ohh darling thank youu I appreciate :heart: I'm crying right now..LOL

as i said before, players will come only when they say the chance of winning a trophy, can u say that for pool. HELL NO. this buying player and paying him stuff will still be there in the future but u wont be able to buy a SQUAD. due to FFP , a club will have to build a SQUAD which wont happen unless a good manager stays for a period (which is more than 9 months)

madrid won 3 la ligas in the 10 years before mou took over. pretty bad for a 2 horse race i would say and that too having the world's BEST players by a margin. also barca was no where as great and dominant in those years as when mou took over.

for the last point, again go to the top. player is not equal to trophy. A SQUAD + A GOOD MANAGER is equal to a trophy. buying players is just one part.

3 Ligas in 10 years, while Mourinho won 1 league in 3 years......

So if you have 3 managers that where giving 3 years just like Mourinho, they would have each won one league in each of their 3 years tenure.

Nothing great for these managers, and nothing great for Mourinho either.

And I agree with your last view, if you have a good squad and a good manager you can do good.

Barcelona with Pep, Bayern with Jupp, Juventus with Contes.

But Pep came out of nowhere. Contes came out of nowhere. Klopp came out of nowhere.

So that view, that if Mourinho gets sack cause he does bad and we can't get a good manager is false. There will always be a manager out there that can bring out of the best of a good squad.

But for that, we need the board to invest wisely like we have been doing as of late.

He's just stating his opinion. If you don't like what you see - block him. I suggest you look up the 'Internet hate machine' thread Spike posted some time ago.

Sinine first time we diagree ....

This is not stating a mere opinion. It is stating an opinion(which maybe right) as the supporter of another team and then going all troll on the reactions. I liked his initial poition, i hated the strategic play after. . .