The Mourinho Thread

Why are all these links being out up naming different managers by different media sources? None of them know....most got the story about a meeting wrong and even the same newspapers are changing their minds every few hours.

Even the compensation package stories are guesswork ranging from 136k a week gardening leave to a 40m pay off.....yet again, no one knows.

Bet if we did a count up of everyone linked, there would be approaching 20 names by now...possibly more.

I know - fucking hilarious ?

Ron Atkinson will be linked next :)

It's not gonna happen until the summer and even then it's 50/50 - I'm realistic about it. I'm sick of Mou, but the board ain't rushing anything. The Ostrich approach has been enabled :)

The weird thing about life is - they may end up being right :)

Earth flat vs round all over again :)

Indeed. Mourinho is a manager that needs non-football challenges to thrive, that is the challenge to 'finally beat this or that'. At Chelsea the first time, he had the challenge to make the 'new-rich' club to win the league and to make it one of the best club in Europe. Once it was made, the 'motivation' game no longer worked. At Inter, he had the challenge to finally make Inter win in CL (after Mancini disappointing runs) and to be the team to beat Pep' Barcelona in CL. Once it was done, he flew in search of a new challenge. At Madrid, he had the challenge to be the one to put an end to Pep's Barça. Once Pep was no longer there, there was no thing to be motivated for/against. At Chelsea, he had the challenge to make the 'little horse' win against Manchester City*. Once Chelsea is no longer the little horse, it collapses. So yeah, the defy left for Chelsea is to win with style—but 'style' is not in his vocab. When you are the Champion, it is rather hard to act as the under-dog and to be motivated to beat the mighty Stoke. At one point, motivation is not enough to win, you need to add tactic and technic (and enjoyment).

But yeah, he certainly would be a great fit for the United job. As you said, they are the perfect match. He would even be able to sell Mata a second time.

*this point is worth to open a new discussion. One might argue that he actually made Chelsea wear the 'little horse' dress on purpose (consciously or unconsciously) in order to create a challenge for which he could get the best individually of his players—and in the process, hindering us to develop further (that season) either by trying to win directly or by developing our play (because had we been better with the ball, we would not have been the 'little horse').

Thanks for that Sigmund Freud

Indeed. Mourinho is a manager that needs non-football challenges to thrive, that is the challenge to 'finally beat this or that'. At Chelsea the first time, he had the challenge to make the 'new-rich' club to win the league and to make it one of the best club in Europe. Once it was made, the 'motivation' game no longer worked. At Inter, he had the challenge to finally make Inter win in CL (after Mancini disappointing runs) and to be the team to beat Pep' Barcelona in CL. Once it was done, he flew in search of a new challenge. At Madrid, he had the challenge to be the one to put an end to Pep's Barça. Once Pep was no longer there, there was no thing to be motivated for/against. At Chelsea, he had the challenge to make the 'little horse' win against Manchester City*. Once Chelsea is no longer the little horse, it collapses. So yeah, the defy left for Chelsea is to win with style—but 'style' is not in his vocab. When you are the Champion, it is rather hard to act as the under-dog and to be motivated to beat the mighty Stoke. At one point, motivation is not enough to win, you need to add tactic and technic (and enjoyment).

But yeah, he certainly would be a great fit for the United job. As you said, they are the perfect match. He would even be able to sell Mata a second time.

*this point is worth to open a new discussion. One might argue that he actually made Chelsea wear the 'little horse' dress on purpose (consciously or unconsciously) in order to create a challenge for which he could get the best individually of his players—and in the process, hindering us to develop further (that season) either by trying to win directly or by developing our play (because had we been better with the ball, we would not have been the 'little horse').

utter mindfuck and brilliant, kudos.

Mourinho on players: "Some of them need to rethink how the way they live Chelsea, they live football, they live their job." #CFC (ChelseaTV)

Mourinho: Chelsea is big, football is more than a job, it's a passion. Every match on the pitch you should live with an unbelievable passion

Mourinho on #CFC players: How many millions would love to be football players & they can't be? You shouldn't waste any minutes on the pitch.

Mourinho: "Yes, I feel frustrated with some players and I feel that some others they give absolutely everything." #CFC (ChelseaTV)

Well drop them and play the youth. Can't be any worse then people who don't try.

Remember what I said earlier today that United fans don't want Mourinho?

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/poll-added-would-you-want-jose-mourinho-as-the-next-manchester-united-manager.412540/

Yeah they don't want him. As I said, he does the complete opposite of what United wants.

thanks an interesting insight

Remember what I said earlier today that United fans don't want Mourinho?

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/poll-added-would-you-want-jose-mourinho-as-the-next-manchester-united-manager.412540/

Yeah they don't want him. As I said, he does the complete opposite of what United wants.

Those same people bitching about not wanting him will be the same ones swooning and creaming themselves when he does his unveiling press conference and puts on the charm offensive.

He'll say all the right things in an arrogant and confident way that he always does and they'll all melt.

"This is a massive, massive club. The biggest and most famous club in the world. This is the club I've always wanted to manage and I want to be here for the rest of my career." All of the United ball suckers in the media who dislike him will suddenly bend their knees and slurp him uncontrollably.

My personal football nightmare is to see Mourinho at the helm of that club. The INSANE media coverage alone would be unbearable.