The Mourinho Thread

Surely it would've happened by now if the Leicester result was the final straw? Doesn't look like it's happening yet.

Lose to Sunderland and I think it's impossible for him to stay.

Why if the players don't play, why sack the manager, the problem is the players they don't try to win...

Like Mourinho said in the article interview, big teams can have a bad season... it's his first bad season, it's not our first club's bad season but it is under Roman. But it's just one bad season that's it, he will be able to turn it around and we'll probably win the UCL.

Oops sorry then must've misread it, I hate Alves as well but he's a better fullback than Iva imo, well atleast for me he is. I like my fullbacks to be fast and be able to cross.

completely different type of fullbacks though - it's like saying you prefer oranges to apples.

Alves is clueless in defense (yes Iva is better) and doesn't know what set pieces are.

BTW, Alves is consistently awful for Brazil.

Instead of changing the manager, we should change the whole squad. Sell twenty players, give him a billion pounds to buy all the stars (UNCLE ROMAN, DON'T BE THRIFTY), and when he screws up again in two years' time, repeat the process.

completely different type of fullbacks though - it's like saying you prefer oranges to apples.

Alves is clueless in defense (yes Iva is better) and doesn't know what set pieces are.

I don't even consider Iva a fullback, he's a CB played at RB. I can't think of any top team that has a fullback like Iva.

Why if the players don't play, why sack the manager, the problem is the players they don't try to win...

Like Mourinho said in the article interview, big teams can have a bad season... it's his first bad season, it's not our first club's bad season but it is under Roman. But it's just one bad season that's it, he will be able to turn it around and we'll probably win the UCL.

A bad season is finishing 6th or 7th. This is catastrophically shambolic being in 16th nearly halfway through the year with less points than league matches played.

I don't think things would be terrible if Chelsea was in 6 or 7th right now and players had had a poor start to the year.

However, the reality is that Chelsea could get relegated unless there are changes.

Let me repeat that... Chelsea could get relegated coming off of winning the league by a large margin in the prior campaign.

Hasn't happened since 1937-1938 Man City.

yeah...its weird.

You would think only Mourinho has played him there ;-)

Yes it's weird, I don't agree with his choice at all. Especially when you have Azpi, I don't see any reason at all why you would rather play Iva at RB over Azpi. Before Mourinho came here Iva was pretty much the only option we had.

Please, please, sack him. I have never liked (and that's an understatement) Mourinho; being a great manager is not just about getting some results, it's about how you behave and understand that people are at the centre of success. He thinks they are just pieces in a chess game and he's the grandmaster. I can only hope it's checkmate this time.

So tell me again ... why doesn't Mourinho change all the underperforming players if it is really just their fault and they are not giving their 100%?

It's not like there is only 11-13 players in our team ... on the other side, if whole squad is "underperforming" or against Mourinho there is something really wrong with our manager, don't you think?

Guus Hiddink is emerging as the most realistic caretaker option, with Ancelotti expected to join Bayern Munich next summer (Telegraph) #CFC

But Hiddink's last job in charge of the Holland ended in FAILURE, prompting fears among some #CFC players his best days may be behind him.

There are similar fears over the strict methods of Fabio Capello, who is out of work & remains close to #CFC captain John Terry (Telegraph)

Other options for Chelsea to consider include Sevilla’s Unai Emery and Southampton manager Ronald Koeman. (Telegraph) #CFC

Carlo Ancelotti has a gentleman’s agreement to succeed Pep Guardiola at Bayern Munich. (Telegraph) #CFC #MCFC #FCBayern

Pep Guardiola is most likely to take over at #MCFC; and Simeone & Conte are not available before next summer. (Telegraph) #CFC #FCBayern

Chelsea players worried by quality of possible mid-season Jose Mourinho replacements (Telegraph) #CFC