The Mourinho Thread

ATM is a very good attacking unit. watch them play. yes, they have the tendency to close shop at 1-0 and go on the counter after that, but look at them play and try to open up defenses which is generally very good and a lot of it is down to their attacking ploys.

Dont shoot the messenger....

But Simeone = hope for Costa

joe cole had said that pool is the best club in england or something like that. players say stupid things for the sake of it for their current clubs. just saying.

Joe Cole refused to use the Liverpool script and was led into saying something he had no intention of saying

http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/27/joe-cole-says-liverpool-thought-they-were-bigger-than-chelsea-4812154/

Joe Cole refused to use the Liverpool script and was led into saying something he had no intention of saying

exactly my point. players will say stuff which puts their current employers in a good light.

anyone who watches ATM on a consistent basis, will know for sure that their attack is far more drilled and way better than us and not just based on individual brilliance.

exactly my point. players will say stuff which puts their current employers in a good light.

anyone who watches ATM on a consistent basis, will know for sure that their attack is far more drilled and way better than us and not just based on individual brilliance.

He actually didnt say they were the best or biggest club

But anyway, back on point with Courtois and Mourinho....dont think he was saying it to please one club over another as he praised them both

All he said was that Simeone is more defensive minded which is not a criticism at all.

And as he knows both men personally and their thought process with training, then I suggest he knows more than you or I

He actually didnt say they were the best or biggest club

But anyway, back on point with Courtois and Mourinho....dont think he was saying it to please one club over another as he praised them both

the interviewer asked said '“you’ve joined the biggest club in the country” and reeled off the trophies they’d won'. to which cole answered, 'Yeah, if you put it like that, I suppose you’re right' and Liverpool used that as the headline to the interview. obviously no player is going to bad mouth their current employ. i am not sure exactly what tibo had said, but i would rather believe my own eyes and something which is so apparently clear as the day and night on which team is better in attack.

the interviewer asked said '“you’ve joined the biggest club in the country” and reeled off the trophies they’d won'. to which cole answered, 'Yeah, if you put it like that, I suppose you’re right' and Liverpool used that as the headline to the interview. obviously no player is going to bad mouth their current employ. i am not sure exactly what tibo had said, but i would rather believe my own eyes and something which is so apparently clear as the day and night on which team is better in attack.

So he didnt actually say it did he.

And you are confusing the way they think ( whst Courtous was alluding too) with the way their teams play at this moment in time

he agrees with "joining the biggest club in the country". did not he?

Am afraid this is where different ways of expressing English mean different things.

Joe Cole as a Chelsea supporter was saying that like a 'whatever' statement.

Wasnt agreeing at all

joe cole had said that pool is the best club in england or something like that. players say stupid things for the sake of it for their current clubs. just saying.

He didn't actually. He was asked if he agreed that 'Historically, Liverpool are the most successful club in England', he responded 'I suppose if you put it like that, yeah.'

Am afraid this is where different ways of expressing English mean different things.

Joe Cole as a Chelsea supporter was saying that like a 'whatever' statement.

Wasnt agreeing at all

hence what i wrote above "obviously no player is going to bad mouth their current employ. i am not sure exactly what tibo had said, but i would rather believe my own eyes and something which is so apparently clear as the day and night on which team is better in attack."

You dont get it do you.

We are not talking about which team is better in attack.......we are talking about which manager has a more defensive thought process. Courtois said they are similar but Simeone thinks more defensively.

Maybe he was saying who sets up better defensively? As Tibo during his time with both managers he had a lot more protection in Spain.

Maybe he was saying who sets up better defensively? As Tibo during his time with both managers he had a lot more protection in Spain.

Maybe.....we all know that Simeone protects the back 3rd tactically very well and obviously drills his players into that thought process.

But am glad you didnt have to bring in othet factors such as a Joe Cole interview to support your point ;-)

You dont get it do you.

We are not talking about which team is better in attack.......we are talking about which manager has a more defensive thought process. Courtois said they are similar but Simeone thinks more defensively.

can u give me a link to that interview

all i could find is this http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2209081.html

which has nothing of that sort.

also, in that way, i feel pep has a more defensive thought process than jose. pep uses attack/possession to slow the game down and bore the other team to death. but irrespective of that, they can actually teach their respective teams on how to attack.

Because that's short termism and we're running out of managers; plus the match day fans (myself included) still love Mourinho; unless it's someone previously connected to the club like Di Matteo or Zola I honestly think the fans will revolt, the atmosphere will become toxic and if it emerges that the players forced him out there will be revolt, there is no desire at all from the stands to sack him, Roman knows it because he hears the name sung every Saturday from his box.

All I can say is that be careful what you wish for. Sacking a fan favourite will not go down well with anybody. It's also another reason why Mourinho will not drop John Terry, the one thing fans will not take is dropping the heart and soul of the club and possibly the best player we've seen in the shirt in times like this. Jose needs stability, lieutenants he can trust (yes, that's why Iva still gets his spot on he team) because it seems like the dressing room is cracking at the seams and he needs glue to hold it together.

Well that is not true is it? After our 3-1 loss to Everton, Mourinho dropped Terry for the Maccabi Tel Aviv game. He then was also left on the bench in our 2-0 victory over Arsenal. We then had a game against Walsall where he was reinstated in to the team because he had been dropped from our main 11 and that was a game for the 'backup' players. After the Walsall game, he then went back on to the bench for successive games against Newcastle and Porto and assuming Mourinho is in charge by Saturday, it would not surprise me to see him start Cahill and Zouma.

Indeed. Mourinho is a manager that needs non-football challenges to thrive, that is the challenge to 'finally beat this or that'. At Chelsea the first time, he had the challenge to make the 'new-rich' club to win the league and to make it one of the best club in Europe. Once it was made, the 'motivation' game no longer worked. At Inter, he had the challenge to finally make Inter win in CL (after Mancini disappointing runs) and to be the team to beat Pep' Barcelona in CL. Once it was done, he flew in search of a new challenge. At Madrid, he had the challenge to be the one to put an end to Pep's Barça. Once Pep was no longer there, there was no thing to be motivated for/against. At Chelsea, he had the challenge to make the 'little horse' win against Manchester City*. Once Chelsea is no longer the little horse, it collapses. So yeah, the defy left for Chelsea is to win with style—but 'style' is not in his vocab. When you are the Champion, it is rather hard to act as the under-dog and to be motivated to beat the mighty Stoke. At one point, motivation is not enough to win, you need to add tactic and technic (and enjoyment).

But yeah, he certainly would be a great fit for the United job. As you said, they are the perfect match. He would even be able to sell Mata a second time.

*this point is worth to open a new discussion. One might argue that he actually made Chelsea wear the 'little horse' dress on purpose (consciously or unconsciously) in order to create a challenge for which he could get the best individually of his players—and in the process, hindering us to develop further (that season) either by trying to win directly or by developing our play (because had we been better with the ball, we would not have been the 'little horse').

Such an excellent poster. Wish you would post more.