The Mourinho Thread

He's being asked about his position. Of course he will talk about himself. :doh:

Question: "Mr Jose, how do you feel about your position at the club"?

Answer: "I am getting better, this is new for me, I've won trophies, I think I'm improving"

He's said something along these lines so many times, yet we don't see the fruits of his labour i.e. improvement. :)

Question: "Mr Jose, how do you feel about your position at the club"?

Answer: "I am getting better, this is new for me, I've won trophies, I think I'm improving"

He's said something along these lines so many times, yet we don't see the fruits of his labour i.e. improvement. :)

As ridiculous as a post I read in another Chelsea forum which stated that the team is slowly improving .

LMFAO! Lost to Bournemouth's second string at home (who hasn't won in 2.5 months) and that's called an improvement!

We're a black hole for positivity and good football. There's really no reason for anyone other Chelsea fans to tune in for our games and even then I personally have a hard time motivating myself to watch the games when I see what lineup Mourinho chooses to lead us to the promised land.

Exactly. As I said a few weeks ago, it's like their is a dirty black cloud above Stamford Bridge and it's name is José Mourinho. All of his negative (and sometimes disgraceful) antics, as well as his general moodiness, has come home to roost and it has infected the entire club. I don't see this mood leaving as long as he is here.

For those saying he should stay, I would love to actually hear what sort of footballing Philosophy Mourinho would implement, and whether or not this club will have any sort of identity to implement youth, as of course, his track record obviously proved he is capable of doing so. Not to mention if Mourinho will ever change his image that reflects quite badly towards this club as if we were inevitably to become the next Millwall in terms of hatred.

I know we are desperate for a change in manager but Conte? Not the worst option but seriously, no. No. No. No. He might have dominated the Serie A with Juventus but he's too rigid and inflexible with his tactics and has a poor record in Europe.

People are too harsh on Conte. He took over a Juve side that finished 7th and won three straight league titles. That's an amazing achievement, I don't care how you want to spin it. He lost in the CL QF against Bayern. That Bayern side would beat any team, as they proved by winning the treble. CL 13/14 was disastrous. But it's one campaign. They were also a bit unfortunate in that final game. I remember that terrible pitch and weather conditions. Game never should've been played. Nonetheless that was still very poor. But two European campaigns is not enough to draw conclusions imo. 102 points with +57 GD in the league that same season, that's fantastic.

He's also done good work with Italy. It's not the most talented team, especially in terms of creativity and firepower (Insigne's, Eder's and Pelle's form is encouraging, but they aren't world-beaters), but they're a tough team and they can hurt you on the break with some intelligent play. He's a good manager imo.

He wouldn't be my first choice as new head coach but I wouldn't mind him as an interim manager at all. His high energy style and motivational skills would be welcome in the current situation. But it depends on whether he speaks English.

Final words:

Overall, i'm getting fed up by this constant negativity around here, it seems i'm the only one since the departures of iceboy and others who is defending one of our own.

Mourinho certainly has his flaws, but accusing him of doing it on purpose and the payout, not changing the lineup,

insulting him and no one gives a fuck, denying his talent and so on goes way too far, imo.

Some are mixing jokes with ISIS and Mourinho, more than crossing a line, imo.

Even some of the hardcore Mancs speak some sense, but on here it's worse but it should be a goddamn Chelsea Community.

It seems Babs hasn't been wrong with her criticism, although i disagree with her proposed methods.

I won't leave this community for good, but spend most of the time elsewhere.

It's a win win for everyone; i can live happily ever after and here the crucifixion and wankfest can continue,

less interruption caused by me.

Cheers.

I understand your decision mate, this thread went quiet for 1 month because in November we only lost once: Stoke where we played well and Remy should've had a penalty. After that a draw against Spurs where people thought we would eat 4-5 goals but we kept a clean sheet, and another 3 wins. We were improving in November but people act like that month never happened, one lose against Bournemouth and BAM! - all of them are partying again on here.

It's very easy to be liked on TC, you simply have to register an account today like that piece of plastic Bellion, just say ''F*ck Mourinho'' or ‘’Mourinho out'' and you are guaranteed likes from members. Or maybe call all the Mourinho defenders fanboys and ass kissers, nothing will happen - no warnings at all.

For those saying he should stay, I would love to actually hear what sort of footballing Philosophy Mourinho would implement, and whether or not this club will have any sort of identity to implement youth, as of course, his track record obviously proved he is capable of doing so. Not to mention if Mourinho will ever change his image that reflects quite badly towards this club as if we were inevitably to become the next Millwall in terms of hatred.

A lot of Mourinho supporters I've seen have changed their tune recently. Instead of steadfast support, they're now supporting the clubs decision, whatever they choose.

My biggest point is who will realistically take over and make a difference. Ancelotti has said he would, but maybe the club don't want him back. Aside from that, will anyone leave mid-season to take over and make a real difference? If we make it into the round of 16 and win the FA Cup, it'll be a good salvage for this season. Mourinho may not be able to do it and someone else may, but I have full support for the board to make the decision because they have all the facts and the expertise. We don't.

To the point of hatred, my entire time as a Chelsea supporter has been filled with hate. I have yet to meet a single non-Chelsea football fan that hasn't hated Chelsea. Rarely a kind word and if there is one, it's followed by a bad remark. It's something that will always exist, regardless of manager.

People are too harsh on Conte. He took over a Juve side that finished 7th and won three straight league titles. That's an amazing achievement, I don't care how you want to spin it. He lost in the CL QF against Bayern. That Bayern side would beat any team, as they proved by winning the treble. CL 13/14 was disastrous. But it's one campaign. They were also a bit unfortunate in that final game. I remember that terrible pitch. Game never should've been played. Nonetheless that was still very poor. But two European campaigns is not enough to draw conclusions imo. 102 points with +57 GD in the league that same season, that's fantastic.

He's also done good work with Italy. It's not the most talented team, especially in terms of creativity and firepower (Insigne's, Eder's and Pelle's form is encouraging, but they aren't world-beaters, but they're a tough team and they can hurt you on the break with some intelligent play. He's a good manager imo.

He wouldn't be my first choice as new head coach but I wouldn't mind him as an interim manager at all. His high energy style and motivational skills would be welcome in the current situation. But it depends on whether he speaks English.

Agree with that, the only problem is, unless he's allowed to stay on at Italy at the same time, would he even accept an interim role? I can't recall high profile managers accepting such roles unless their are mitigating circumstances, like with Hiddink and especially Rafa, who's stock was ridiculously low after Inter and needed the short stint here to recover his reputation.

Agree with that, the only problem is, unless he's allowed to stay on at Italy at the same time, would he even accept an interim role? I can't recall high profile managers accepting such roles unless their are mitigating circumstances, like with Hiddink and especially Rafa, who's stock was ridiculously low after Inter and needed the short stint here to recover his reputation.

Very true. I did think of Hiddink's tenure but I can imagine Italy saying no. But then again, all that's left is friendlies until the end of the season.

You have your reasons, i and others see it differently.

Mourinho perfectly explained some time ago what happened at his previous stations and most of the time, he won something.

You can't deny his talent for building a dynasty, when it's the first time he tries it.

Recently i have read an article about Marina Granovskaia, she seems to fully trust Jose Mourinho,

so we all know what this means, we're blessed!

Final words:

Overall, i'm getting fed up by this constant negativity around here, it seems i'm the only one since the departures of iceboy and others who is defending one of our own.

Mourinho certainly has his flaws, but accusing him of doing it on purpose and the payout, not changing the lineup,

insulting him and no one gives a fuck, denying his talent and so on goes way too far, imo.

Some are mixing jokes with ISIS and Mourinho, more than crossing a line, imo.

Even some of the hardcore Mancs speak some sense, but on here it's worse but it should be a goddamn Chelsea Community.

It seems Babs hasn't been wrong with her criticism, although i disagree with her proposed methods.

I won't leave this community for good, but spend most of the time elsewhere.

It's a win win for everyone; i can live happily ever after and here the crucifixion and wankfest can continue,

less interruption caused by me.

Cheers.

Deny his talent? I doubt his talent in being a long-term manager at any club, not just Chelsea. Yes. he can win trophies. But to build an identity like Ferguson? Dream on.