Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

The Mourinho Thread


 Share
Followers 4

Recommended Posts

Damn, I wanna ban a few people really badly right now...:P

Anyways, I really hope José tries to shoehorn Rooney into his starting XI which would push Pogba further back where he was terrible and anonymous for France. That's the only way I can see him struggling.

Outside of us getting top 4, my biggest wish this season is for United to finish outside of it. Don't think I'd ever see something as hilarious if José gets his dream job, signs all these ridiculous players, and then fails to reach the CL places. Unfortunately, with the standard of defending in the PL I think old man Zlatan will bang in 25 or so goals and they'll easily finish in the top 2.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 38.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Jase

    1684

  • Fernando

    1139

  • xPetrCechx

    1102

  • Tomo

    871

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm genuinely surprised by how some don't seem to realize how bad the situation really is. This is by far worse than any of the 'bad runs' by any of our previous managers. It's our worst start to a se

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, Melanicus said:

Now watch him turn Pogba into another Mikel. Playing him too deep and wasting his attacking talent in favor of playing Rooney.

Did you just put Mikel and 'attacking talent' in the same sentance???

 

?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is what a Utd fan had to say about Jose:

"Mourinho is still one of the best managers in the world and the best Chelsea have ever had. The myth of him 'imploding' at every club he's been at makes no sense. The only two clubs where he apparently imploded at after 2-3 seasons are Chelsea and Real Madrid, two clubs who seem to change managers like they change their new kits. Are we going to put all the blame on Mourinho or the two clubs for always having issues with their managers? :lol: This is the job he always wanted and Utd aren't as much or a circus as Chelsea and Madrid are so I doubt he will have any real issues here.

His style of play is also a myth. He played some very entertaining and high scoring football at his time at Real Madrid. His reputation for this comes in big games (mainly vs Barca) where we plays to win, and it's worked for him often. I would've rather played ugly and won against Barca in the two CL finals than go all out attack and lose since that's obviously a lost cause to begin with.

With Pogba coming in, our squad is easily one of the best in the league. Mou already has the advantage over Pep in my eyes since he knows the league. Our signings are easily the best in the league, City have bought smart for the future but not sure how influential they will be this season. Don't think Pep will hit the ground running this season so I rate Utd's chances for the league pretty highly."

Another:

"As a Man Utd fan, I always want him in ever since Sir Alex announced his retirement. Peoples mentioned that he will always fail in the third season but I think it won't happen in Man Utd. I can see that Mourinho truly has passion for this club. He waited 6 months for Man Utd that will not be in Champion League, putting his reputation on the line since he will be scorned at if he fail Man Utd.

I won't want to be like some peoples whom often harped on the past. I want to give Mourinho a chance. And regarding the managers that were available, he is most suitable for the job.

Mourinho is famous for parking the bus but at least he is willing to let his team attack first before parking it.


Regarding the youth, sure Utd is famous for the class of 92, but just because we did it before with youth, it does not mean that we can do it again. It is his job to see which youths will fit into his plan and to offload those that is surplus to his plan."
  • +
  •  
  • -
  •  
  • 0
  •  

It's from another forum (non football) and I asked Utd fans how they genuinely feel about Mourinho being their manager. They believe that it's the job Mou always wanted, how did they come that conclusion? :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

I find it offensive that a few people come here and mock Chelsea fans because of a man who's managing our rivals. 

Growing a pair usually helps.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Beepu said:

This is what a Utd fan had to say about Jose:

"Mourinho is still one of the best managers in the world and the best Chelsea have ever had. The myth of him 'imploding' at every club he's been at makes no sense. The only two clubs where he apparently imploded at after 2-3 seasons are Chelsea and Real Madrid, two clubs who seem to change managers like they change their new kits. Are we going to put all the blame on Mourinho or the two clubs for always having issues with their managers? :lol: This is the job he always wanted and Utd aren't as much or a circus as Chelsea and Madrid are so I doubt he will have any real issues here.

His style of play is also a myth. He played some very entertaining and high scoring football at his time at Real Madrid. His reputation for this comes in big games (mainly vs Barca) where we plays to win, and it's worked for him often. I would've rather played ugly and won against Barca in the two CL finals than go all out attack and lose since that's obviously a lost cause to begin with.

With Pogba coming in, our squad is easily one of the best in the league. Mou already has the advantage over Pep in my eyes since he knows the league. Our signings are easily the best in the league, City have bought smart for the future but not sure how influential they will be this season. Don't think Pep will hit the ground running this season so I rate Utd's chances for the league pretty highly."

Another:

"As a Man Utd fan, I always want him in ever since Sir Alex announced his retirement. Peoples mentioned that he will always fail in the third season but I think it won't happen in Man Utd. I can see that Mourinho truly has passion for this club. He waited 6 months for Man Utd that will not be in Champion League, putting his reputation on the line since he will be scorned at if he fail Man Utd.

I won't want to be like some peoples whom often harped on the past. I want to give Mourinho a chance. And regarding the managers that were available, he is most suitable for the job.

Mourinho is famous for parking the bus but at least he is willing to let his team attack first before parking it.


Regarding the youth, sure Utd is famous for the class of 92, but just because we did it before with youth, it does not mean that we can do it again. It is his job to see which youths will fit into his plan and to offload those that is surplus to his plan."
  • +
  •  
  • -
  •  
  • 0
  •  

It's from another forum (non football) and I asked Utd fans how they genuinely feel about Mourinho being their manager. They believe that it's the job Mou always wanted, how did they come that conclusion? :D 

It's true that he always wanted the Man Utd job but everything else they said is BS.Mourinho's only tactic is Park the bus in attack he relies only on individual quality.He might win the league with Man Utd ( doubt it) but what then? He doesn't thing long term he will fix Man Utd but for a short period of time in the 3rd season maybe even earlier he doesn't thing about the future,there is no stability."Park The Bus" wont work every season and then he will lose it again,he will start talking shit,will start blaming it on players,board,even on the doctors and then he will get sacked and will leave the club in a worse shape then it was before just like he did with us.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If he joins the likes of Sunderland or Bournemouth I can understand people still support him, I will as well. But United?! THE major rival of us for the last decade?! No fucking way, fuck them and everything related.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pizy said:

Damn, I wanna ban a few people really badly right now...:P

Anyways, I really hope José tries to shoehorn Rooney into his starting XI which would push Pogba further back where he was terrible and anonymous for France. That's the only way I can see him struggling.

Outside of us getting top 4, my biggest wish this season is for United to finish outside of it. Don't think I'd ever see something as hilarious if José gets his dream job, signs all these ridiculous players, and then fails to reach the CL places. Unfortunately, with the standard of defending in the PL I think old man Zlatan will bang in 25 or so goals and they'll easily finish in the top 2.

The people in Redcafe are so delighted with the signing I can't help but laugh. To me he is a poison. He'll win, but at a terrible cost. A stubborn man with a huge ego. Not that United will care. They've spent 500m over three years just to qualify for Europa. Both Mourinho and United are a great fit for one another. 

I just can't wait until the wheels start falling off. Already they're talking about keeping Fellaini and pushing out Mata. Just like when De Bruyne was pushed out because of Mourinho's stubbornness. 

It's no wonder that the players got sick of him at Madrid and Chelsea. While they're winning everyone's gonna be happy but the League is so competitive that they won't win now with any regularity because there's us and City too. And when they lose, Mourinho's nastiness is gonna come out for sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

I cheered at the final whistle.
He has put together a very nice team, he deserved it.
It could've been us, we're too blind for that.
Hope he wins the league if we (more likely than not) can't. Oh and the Europa League as well.

Wow. Don't get me wrong, I firmly disagreed with the decision to sack Mourinho, but what's done is done and I have to say it is nice not having to defend both him and the club after every press conference.

I hope he's happy at United (and I think he's not), but now we have to relegate him to the past and move on as one club - despite the same people trying to recreate the same rift by slagging off John Terry and trying to pretend he's not the best CB we have.

Cheering on another club is one (or, rather 5 or 6) steps too far.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry guys, first post that I wish I didn't have to waste in this thread, but I just couldn't help poking my head in. My question to you all in here is, what if Mourinho goes on to have massive success with United and is there for up to maybe a decade? How would that make you feel about him then? Would you blame the board for letting him go, or would you be questioning why he didn't do it with us?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CurlyHairLikeLuiz said:

Wow. Don't get me wrong, I firmly disagreed with the decision to sack Mourinho, but what's done is done and I have to say it is nice not having to defend both him and the club after every press conference.

I hope he's happy at United (and I think he's not), but now we have to relegate him to the past and move on as one club - despite the same people trying to recreate the same rift by slagging off John Terry and trying to pretend he's not the best CB we have.

Cheering on another club is one (or, rather 5 or 6) steps too far.

Thank you for the civilized, well thought response. That's indeed rare to see. (and rather laughable to read the other posts, that cheered me right up.)
Just to be clear, I'm on board with Conte 100%, how could I not be? When the time will come that Chelsea face (and please pay attention to my wording here) Mourinho, then yes he will become public enemy #1, we'll have to win no matter what.
However normally, in any other match, I would like to see José win, which, should that happen, will cause me to cheer for him.
World is not so black and white as people believe it to be.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...