The Mourinho Thread

This is why I respect you as one of the elite members of this forum.

Bang on!

The people who have given Mourinho soo much abuse over the past few weeks calling for his head should feel ashamed tbh.

Yes if he was a manager who had never brought us success, i.e trophies. Then I could understand that his frustrating and sometimes what appears clueless team selections would warrant such abuse.

But

It isn't. We are talking about a man who has given us soo much to enjoy as a club including titles and cups and that alone should give him the right to make things right in what I wouldn't even call a crisis. We owe him that at the very least.

I'm soo happy the fans showed him this love last night.

Made me feel good to be a Chelssa fan.

Winning this game is far from a great achievement. The start of PL is really a big deal. So you expect people to praise Mourinho for beating Tel Aviv? Even if he the team defeats Arsenal, people won't be here praising him as much as they criticized, and the reason is very simple: Mourinho is getting criticized for the whole picture, they are not taking about isolated results, but about a situation that many people saw coming (at least people who never get the idea that Cahill is world class, Terry as good as 2005, Ivanovic boots being holy, and Azpilicueta being the best LB of the Europe).

If Mourinho change things, I'm sure people will be here praising his achievements, but I'm not talking about a couple of positive results.

Winning this game is far from a great achievement. The start of PL is really a big deal. So you expect people to praise Mourinho for beating Tel Aviv? Even if he the team defeats Arsenal, people won't be here praising him as much as they criticized, and the reason is very simple: Mourinho is getting criticized for the whole picture, they are not taking about isolated results, but about a situation that many people saw coming (at least people who never get the idea that Cahill is world class, Terry as good as 2005, Ivanovic boots being holy, and Azpilicueta being the best LB of the Europe).

If Mourinho change things, I'm sure people will be here praising his achievements, but I'm not talking about a couple of positive results.

But I haven't once said that he has turned everthing around Henrique. I have simply said that he deserves our support.

Am I wording my posts in such a way that this is difficult to read?

But I haven't once said that he has turned everthing around Henrique. I have simply said that he deserves our support.

Am I wording my posts in such a way that this is difficult to read?

You praised a post that Barbara said this topic was quiet after the result. Support is different from posting here, I think.

I've been saying this for years: the talk about PL being the strongest in the world is completely nonsense since 5 years ago. The quality of the league is getting really shocking.

I don't think the problem is the lack of quality from players, but it seems PL is stuck in tactical terms. Wenger don't know what he is doing for almost 10 years. Mourinho is completely outdated. Van Gaal is also a very conservative manager in terms of ideas. Pellegrini might be a decent manager, but I don't think he represents the best of the best.

PL is set to lost its 4th place in UCL, due to poor record in recent european competitions. Something is really wrong. Think about Chelsea last season. For me that team was unispiring and incredibly weak. The team went to easily win the league, and that speaks loud about the lack of quality. Teams from 2003 to 2010 were ate least two times better than the one from last season, who is one of my least favorite teams from last years.

I still believe Mourinho was the main reason PL became the strongest league of the world years ago. He raised the bar really high.

At this point he is happy with Curling Cup, he even said it was the most important thing in his life months ago, and he is happy to say if he is a champion in England, nothing else matter. Perhaps getting poor results in England will make Mourinho a great manager again, because he will realize he must change many thing, otherwise he will turn forever into the mediocre manager he is looking in recent years, and even in England "where people love me", he won't be that special anymore.

In Mediterranean countries there is a lot of pressure on players and managers compared to England. Players have to push themselves beyond their limits there. In England supporting everyone who fails is considered being a true fan. If you criticize you are fickle and plastic, if you want someone sacked then you are a bastard.

This is why British teams will always underachieve and players of British teams will earn more than they deserve. They don't have to perform here every week and if you have a problem with that you will be called a plastic, fickle bastard.

if only he had done these things 2/3 weeks ago.

anyways, fair enough to him to drop most of the underperforming players. hopefully, he can continue that trend instead of reverting back to the chosen 11.

I think Matic should still play because he offers so much for us,even when he did not play that well.Against Everton,he wasn´t bad and RLC would really benefit playing with him because then he could play as a real no.8,which would suit him the most.

Fabregas could then try to assist.

Terry and Ivanovic should still remain dropped.

Let´s hope that Jose learned from yesterday

Agree with this 100%

But - I hope last night has at least clicked something in Mou's head - that the 'fringe' players deserve more chances.

Yes the oppo was awful - but last night was simply a case of winning - the fact it happened with the main protagonists of frustration on the bench was a good thing!

Regarding your part about the EPL - I also agree and think we have been stuck in a rut since 'possession football' became a thing.

Every English team is so fucking obsessed with possession - but as we have seen time and time again, possession does not equal a win - goals are what count! I think the EPL needs to shape up and start producing faster attacking football - forget this slow possession based bollox. The EPL was strongest when the game was paid with speed. I hope Mou realises this and we ditch our boring laboured build up play and focus on quick passing and movement with some nice triangles - where every player always has a pass.

I forgot the feeling (of winning). For so long we didn't win. It's so good."

-Jose Mourinho; source: Evening Standard

"The penalty we missed was a big test for us because when everything has gone against you - red cards, penalties against you, decisions, bad luck, injuries - and you start a game you have to win and after five minutes miss a penalty, it's a great test of the character of the players and the team. It was good we had an extra negative episode and the reaction was very good.

"The team had a big determination to be a bit different and to show a different state of mind. I'm happy with the performance and the result. The team was more aggressive with and without the ball. The pressing was much stronger. The lines were closer together. There was a very good reaction when we lost the ball to try to recover it immediately; to try to force the mistake in the opponent instead of waiting for their mistakes."

"We moved the ball very well. Fabregas and Loftus-Cheek gave speed to the team. The ball was quickly leaving defensive areas and reaching attacking players. We played well. I know we didn't beat Barcelona, Real Madrid or Bayern Munich but we beat a team that arrived here having deserved to beat Basel and coming here to make it difficult for us. It was not difficult because we played so well."

-Jose Mourinho; source: Chelsea FC

Was reading what Mourinho said and mentioned how we must pick right moments to play rlc....

Don't know what to make of it. But I state my case. One game does not make a trend. Needs to show continuity and sustainable game time for development.

Let's see what is the case after another 5 games or so.

Two quiet threads today... post match and this one.

I read people saying we would barely scrap a result today prior to the match. He does many changes, we win comfortably and the posts still deviate. What matters is Arsenal and Macabbi was awful.

I have doubts Iva will be left out of the team though. Baba didn't look comfortable enough defending against such awful team. I think we'll have to endure Iva simply because now we lack someone decent enough to replace him *sighs*

if he knew what TC is, he'd say they don't read papers or TC :P

I think at the end of the day what matters is what the owner and board think.

Because as far as for me I have no doubts we will bounce back. Yesterday was a good sign.

But after recovering and finishing the season and having evaluate 3 seasons I can come to the conclusion that he should go. Because he brings nothing new that we cannot get from some other manager less controversial and better attacking style.

However if the board and the owner are okay with this and back him even in bad times like Arsenal does with Wenger then that's even better.

Why? Because they have finally settle on a philosophy they want and are willing to give room for mistake.

Even though we make fun of Wenger, that is the reality. For a team like us top 4 should always be the minimum even in a bad season.

If we don't win the PL then at least top 4.

Did you guys catch what Hummels said of Tuechel?? He said that there is a strict diet in place, a much healthier one. Think that has a lot to do with their great play this season? Is that a problem Chelsea has?