The Mourinho Thread

But we still gave out a shitty performance. That didn't change. And we still only had like ONE shot on target. What's the difference actually??

the difference is that if we did play defensive/counter attacking football, we would not have conceded 3 goals. we might not have even conceded a goal.

we had one shot on target and we put a poor performance cos our best attacking player hazard is completely match unfit. cesc is a big game bottler and should not ever even start a big game.

teams like barca, RM and bayern boast of players like messi, CR, suarez, neymar, bale, modric, robben, ribery. half of the world's world class players are in those teams. please do not compare chelsea to those 3.

what separates us is that we can change our game according to the need. we can play good organized defensive/counter attacking football - called by idiots as "park the bus", when required to. that is what sets us apart.

Nothing separates us from the big 3, Real, Barcelona, and Bayern. When things go south we have no plan B, as evidenced today.

My god i thought these meltdowns only existed on RAWK!

Completely warranted criticism for my point of view from most around here IMO. Offered nigh on nothing, no scape goat goat needed but to look long and hard about our overall situation.

Right now we have a problem.

We will still lose to City doing defensive/counter attacking football as we forgot how to defend. Concede 1 goal, Chelsea would have gone for it to find that equaliser and no doubt City will exploit that scoring more goals. It really doesn't make much difference.

And we really DO have a serious problem if we rely on Hazard on just about anything offensive.

we do rely on hazard and cesc on everything that is our offence. we have been doing that since jan.

we have not forgotten how to defend. you dont just wake up one day and become shit. our USP in big games was how well organized we can be.

look at what silva did to cesc 30 seconds into the game. it was as if cesc dint even exist. tell me that would have happened if mikel/ramires/zouma had been playing instead of cesc. NO. and that set a precedent of what the match was going to be.

the difference being, we gave them a look in with 30 seconds. normally we frustrate teams. make them commit more men forward and hit them on the break with some of the quality we have. we did NONE of our things today. we played this match without any tactics. and we got OWNED. unsurprisingly.

What are you talking about? JT sucked this game period. He gave Aguero how many chances. Begovic kept us in the game. Considering all the drama of the week, we are ok. We've weathered the storm.

I think you're getting JT confused with Cahill.

we do rely on hazard and cesc on everything that is our offence. we have been doing that since jan.

we have not forgotten how to defend. you dont just wake up one day and become shit. our USP in big games was how well organized we can be.

look at what silva did to cesc 30 seconds into the game. it was as if cesc dint even exist. tell me that would have happened if mikel/ramires/zouma had been playing instead of cesc. NO. and that set a precedent of what the match was going to be.

the difference being, we gave them a look in with 30 seconds. normally we frustrate teams. make them commit more men forward and hit them on the break with some of the quality we have. we did NONE of our things today. we played this match without any tactics. and we got OWNED. unsurprisingly.

Rely on Cesc and Hazard and Cesc disappears in big games. Fucking ridiculous performance.

The board have screwed him over by taking away the cheque book this summer. After winning the title they probably had their eye on the next coach and his ideas rather than give Jose any more investment, it makes a managerial transition easier when the squad isn't entirely his own.

And that's why they gave him a new four year contract.

All it takes for him is after the window closes to point at a lack of good signings, indirectly criticising the board basically and this will all blow up. I can imagine it happening at some point over the course of the season if we don't make good enough signings, this match won't be the last terrible match we play this season.

• Boring, turgid, clueless and uninspiring football. Now, no longer can be excused as winning football, as if it ever could.
  • Lack of trust in youth team players despite the owner spending millions in youth team. Apparently, Mourinho needs only 10 minutes to know if they're any good.
  • Bizarre and irrational behaviour, undermining the club in public. The latest being the doctor-gate, which is still ongoing.
  • Same tactics in the big games, regardless of it these tactics work or not.
  • A sharp increase in negativity towards the club, because of the manager's antics. And not just by rival fans too.
  • Clear favouritism towards certain players, regardless of their performance.
  • No progress whatsoever in our style of play. If anything, many of our players have declined technically. Just look at Fabregas in the last 7 months.
  • Blaming everyone but himself for his failures. Apparently, "3-0 is a fake result". Maybe he was watching a different game. 7-1 was a fair score-line.
  • Team in decline even from last season. I called it back then, but apparently, I was a "fake fan" and a "Mourinho hater"
  • Manager's coaching philosophy does not fit the New Chelsea. That's very obvious. We're supposed to be a big club, but we don't play like one.
  • The board not making a serious attempt to sign players in the transfer window.

Make of it all, as you wish. You guys already know my views on Mourinho and how he is not a long term solution for us and never was.

You are a Mournho hater. Don't take advantage of us having a poor game to look like mr 20/20 fucking hindsight sitting on his arse on a nice sunny day.