The Mourinho Thread

Thinking about it, Del Bosque is the best manager in today's game with almost no flaw. He has won everything at club and international level. He isn't involved with controversy, unfairly sacked by Real 10-15 years ago. The only tarnish is the 5-1 defeat to Netherlands but with Robben having the game of his life, RVP scoring one of the best goal of his career and every manager is allowed one of those day at least once.

Thinking about it, Del Bosque is the best manager in today's game with almost no flaw. He has won everything at club and international level. He isn't involved with controversy, unfairly sacked by Real 10-15 years ago. The only tarnish is the 5-1 defeat to Netherlands but with Robben having the game of his life, RVP scoring one of the best goal of his career and every manager is allowed one of those day at least once.

Del Bosque's main flaw is loyalty.

How he continued to pick Casillas is beyond me, when De Gea/Diego Lolez were their better GKs. Insistance on picking the likes of Xavi and Iniesta, who were in poor throughout the 2013/2014 season, instead of the likes of Silva, Koke, Cazorla.

He let personal friendships get in the way of his selection and it costed him.

Now thats not to say he's not a terrific manager, but we were picking at managers faults right?

No manager is good enough :Goober:

Del Bosques last club job was an epic fail at Besiktas which saw him sacked within a year.

Further more he's been out of club management for ten years, that's a hell of a long time.

Jose to me can't be the perfect manager. Jose is a manager that only cares about results. Not long term progression nor youth team acclimation.

Don't know who the best manager currently is, but one quote from Thierry Henry is the reason why I can never accept Jose as the best manager.

Barça have an identity. The most beautiful thing I’ve ever heard from a coach was Guardiola’s talk before the 2009 Champions League final. He said: “Guys, all I want is that, at the end of the game, people tell me that Barça played football. The only thing I don’t want us to lose tonight is our identity. Have a good game.” And that was that.

Jose to me can't be the perfect manager. Jose is a manager that only cares about results. Not long term progression nor youth team acclimation.

Don't know who the best manager currently is, but one quote from Thierry Henry is the reason why I can never accept Jose as the best manager.

Barça have an identity. The most beautiful thing I’ve ever heard from a coach was Guardiola’s talk before the 2009 Champions League final. He said: “Guys, all I want is that, at the end of the game, people tell me that Barça played football. The only thing I don’t want us to lose tonight is our identity. Have a good game.” And that was that.

the perfect manager is one that adapts to situations .. and that's just the technical side of things