The Mourinho Thread

Just remembered that's the same pivot we used against Bradford lol. It's no wonder we couldn't hang on today when it was that duo playing together again.

Played for the last 20 vs Bradford as well

Another option would be that pose last year Jose against Atletico de Madrid when Jose put Azpilicueta ahead of Ivanovic on the right side. Maybe this year Jose place Luis Filipe on the left side ahead of Azpilicueta.

Jose only played Azpi there to man-mark Luis. I don't think he will do anything like that this game because we need to change things more in the middle of the park than out wide, and I don't see Jose changing so many positions so drastically. I can see Cahill playing in the midfield next to Ramires and probably Cesc. Most of the realistic options seem quite bad in theory though, but I guess we will have a whole week to practise it in training whatever it ends up being.

Played for the last 20 vs Bradford as well

It really is an awful combination and I hope to never see it again.

Jose only played Azpi there to man-mark Luis. I don't think he will do anything like that this game because we need to change things more in the middle of the park than out wide, and I don't see Jose changing so many positions so drastically. I can see Cahill playing in the midfield next to Ramires and probably Cesc. Most of the realistic options seem quite bad in theory though, but I guess we will have a whole week to practise it in training whatever it ends up being.

It really is an awful combination and I hope to never see it again.

Hi!

I think that Cahill in the center would be an option too risky. So I talk about Filipe Luis. Maybe Jose Luis Filipe now is a player who attacks still too much to replace Azpilicuela. So I think that maybe placing ahead of Filipe Luis Azpilicueta may be a good option.

When we defend, Jose always placed a false defense of 5 players placing Matic or Willian on the sides and three centre-backs.

Considering the big void which is the sanction of Matic, Filipe Luis can generate much more football than Cahill. Therefore I would choose Filipe Luis.

Regards.

The sanction of Matic is like a kick in our mouth. I think he is totally irreplaceable. But now we start thinking like replace him.

I think that although it sounds crazy, Ruben Loftus-Cheek's the only chance we have on the bench to replace Matic. I do not know how, maybe with a defense of 5 with three Centre-back and playing with Ruben Loftus-Cheek - Ramires - Fabregas.

Ramires is impossible to occupy as much space as it does Matic. Therefore, Ramires

need another midfielder with him. With Mikel injured, I think the ideal would Loftus Cheek to mate with Ramires player. Maybe Nathan Ake has characteristics similar to Ramires (although Ake can better distribute the ball).

I think Ramires - Fabregas - Willian would be too risky. Maybe Willian in the left side with Loftus-Cheek, Ramires, Fabregas in the center would be a good option.

The finals maybe are not good day to do experiments.

But it is also true that maybe placing Ruben Loftus-Cheek may be our best option, an unexpected choice that may surprise our opponents.

The sanction to Matic leaves little margin for reaction. Mikel is injured ... Wow! Damned red card!

Another option would be that pose last year Jose against Atletico de Madrid when Jose put Azpilicueta ahead of Ivanovic on the right side. Maybe this year Jose place Luis Filipe on the left side ahead of Azpilicueta.

There are many possibilities, but none as Matic.

The main objective for us must be given full freedom of movement for Fabregas. Fabregas need more freedom. No having to worry about nothing more than create football.

Option 1.

Courtois

Zouma John Terry

Ivanovic Azpilicueta

Ramires Loftus-Cheek

Willian Filipe Luis

Fabregas (False position)

Diego Costa Hazard

In defense.

Courtois

Zouma John Terry Azpilicueta

(As false Centre-Back)

Ivanovic Filipe Luis

Willian Ramires Loftus-Cheek

I think with Filipe Luis in the starting eleven we can take the risk of putting Ruben Loftus-Cheek as midfield, despite being a final.

I believe that placing Ramires and Fabregas alone in midfield could be too risky.

If Mikel does not recover for next Sunday Ruben Loftus-Cheek or Nathan Ake must be our starting eleven. True, it is risky to play with young boys a final, but it is also true that it would be very risky to change our usual game, where the position Matic is always present.

I hope your comments.

Regards.

Regards to ALL.

I agree, but don't forget Ake is a real holding DM, unlike a box to box like Ramires, and I believe RLC is also technically a CM/B2B rather than a DM. I think a 5 man defence might be interesting, but if we do that we face the same problem in that the midfield will collapse and will invite pressure that even a 3 man centre back team might fail within. If Ake can successfully emulate the 'Matic role' to any degree we might be able to get away with it. It might be a good thing in some way to play RLC with him, as you said, because they will have a good understanding of each other, and I think if Jose shows 'big balls' he might do, but I believe that if Ramires is fit, by default he will start, which is annoying because personally I don't believe he's capable enough to be anywhere near a Chelsea team, I never really have done. I think, though, that it might be a good idea to play Zouma in a false 4-3-3 pivot, though, he has the right build and he's good on the ball, and naturally he will defend like a beast. If we play him then by default we will be planning to play a low defensive block, ideal for Terry and Cahill, who even with those who don't like him, showed up in the same system last season when we were good at grounding out 'ugly wins' and that is what we should be aiming to do, because we have the capability to do it. With that in mind, we could employ a 4-3-3 or pack out the midfield to fully replace Matic (what a loss!) with a 3-5-2 or even play a 4-4-2, because right now Diego needs help.

In a 4-4-2 diamond:

Courtois

Iva Cahill Terry Luis - The fullbacks provide the width in the system, which allows us to overload the midfield.

Zouma - Provides Matic-style shielding of the CBs if he's capable, or on a most basic label and act as a false CB. His movement will help greatly.

Ake - Rami/RLC - Mostly acts as DM/CM pivot but not completely, which means Ramires should not be creating, but holding possession and looking to simply draw the opposition.

Hazard - No 10 style role. Pretty much what Cesc usually does, but he is not in form and we can't risk a passenger.

Costa Remy

Remy and Costa aid each other as Costa gets back to fitness. Cesc on the bench to give us options there, and one of RLC and Ramires on the bench too. Cuadrado can interchange with Iva, Azpi on the bench too as he can either be a false CB or an LB. If Zouma gets injured then Ake will have to drop back into his role and RLC/Rami where Ake is. Cesc can go where Hazard is, Drogs can go up front. Christensen will have to be a last resort. If we get further midfield injuries Oscar can come on, or Willian.

IMO, this is the best way to stretch our very thin midfield squad. What do you think, Supporter? I doubt Mou would change his formation so much, but he did play a back 3 when we were at 10 men.

Bench: Cech, Azpi, Christensen, RLC/Rami, Cesc, Willian/Cuadrado, Drogba

I agree, but don't forget Ake is a real holding DM, unlike a box to box like Ramires, and I believe RLC is also technically a CM/B2B rather than a DM. I think a 5 man defence might be interesting, but if we do that we face the same problem in that the midfield will collapse and will invite pressure that even a 3 man centre back team might fail within. If Ake can successfully emulate the 'Matic role' to any degree we might be able to get away with it. It might be a good thing in some way to play RLC with him, as you said, because they will have a good understanding of each other, and I think if Jose shows 'big balls' he might do, but I believe that if Ramires is fit, by default he will start, which is annoying because personally I don't believe he's capable enough to be anywhere near a Chelsea team, I never really have done. I think, though, that it might be a good idea to play Zouma in a false 4-3-3 pivot, though, he has the right build and he's good on the ball, and naturally he will defend like a beast. If we play him then by default we will be planning to play a low defensive block, ideal for Terry and Cahill, who even with those who don't like him, showed up in the same system last season when we were good at grounding out 'ugly wins' and that is what we should be aiming to do, because we have the capability to do it. With that in mind, we could employ a 4-3-3 or pack out the midfield to fully replace Matic (what a loss!) with a 3-5-2 or even play a 4-4-2, because right now Diego needs help.

In a 4-4-2 diamond:

Courtois

Iva Cahill Terry Luis - The fullbacks provide the width in the system, which allows us to overload the midfield.

Zouma - Provides Matic-style shielding of the CBs if he's capable, or on a most basic label and act as a false CB. His movement will help greatly.

Ake - Rami/RLC - Mostly acts as DM/CM pivot but not completely, which means Ramires should not be creating, but holding possession and looking to simply draw the opposition.

Hazard - No 10 style role. Pretty much what Cesc usually does, but he is not in form and we can't risk a passenger.

Costa Remy

Remy and Costa aid each other as Costa gets back to fitness. Cesc on the bench to give us options there, and one of RLC and Ramires on the bench too. Cuadrado can interchange with Iva, Azpi on the bench too as he can either be a false CB or an LB. If Zouma gets injured then Ake will have to drop back into his role and RLC/Rami where Ake is. Cesc can go where Hazard is, Drogs can go up front. Christensen will have to be a last resort. If we get further midfield injuries Oscar can come on, or Willian.

IMO, this is the best way to stretch our very thin midfield squad. What do you think, Supporter? I doubt Mou would change his formation so much, but he did play a back 3 when we were at 10 men.

Bench: Cech, Azpi, Christensen, RLC/Rami, Cesc, Willian/Cuadrado, Drogba

Hi friend!

Very interesting your comments.

Yes, I agree that maybe placing Cahill could be interesting. Cahill has much experience. That is very important for the finals. Maybe Jose did not make Zouma against PSG by his inexperience in big games.

Put Cahill in our starting eleven would also allow us to create a security wall in our defense. That would help greatly to our team.

Regarding Nathan Ake, I prefer to Ruben Loftus-Cheek because Ruben has some physical characteristics like Matic. His physical deployment is bigger than Nathan Ake. Obviously Ake would also be a good option. And this guy has a mental strength for strong emotions.

And having Filipe Luis on the bench would give us the ability to have a backup in case we needed it revolutionize the game.Thinking coolly, having Filipe Luis, Oscar and Remy on the bench would be important if the development of the game is not like us we thought before the match.

Cahill - John Terry with Zouma (with more freedom and less pressure) would also be a good option.

Regards.

Regards to ALL.

Hi friend!

Very interesting your comments.

Yes, I agree that maybe placing Cahill could be interesting. Cahill has much experience. That is very important for the finals. Maybe Jose did not make Zouma against PSG by his inexperience in big games.

Put Cahill in our starting eleven would also allow us to create a security wall in our defense. That would help greatly to our team.

Regarding Nathan Ake, I prefer to Ruben Loftus-Cheek because Ruben has some physical characteristics like Matic. His physical deployment is bigger than Nathan Ake. Obviously Ake would also be a good option. And this guy has a mental strength for strong emotions.

And having Filipe Luis on the bench would give us the ability to have a backup in case we needed it revolutionize the game.Thinking coolly, having Filipe Luis, Oscar and Remy on the bench would be important if the development of the game is not like us we thought before the match.

Cahill - John Terry with Zouma (with more freedom and less pressure) would also be a good option.

Regards.

Regards to ALL.

yes, exactly - I think both RLC and Ake should play, as they are experienced and have played together in the development sides. Zouma behind them in my lineup as a false 6 or CDM role. We might need extra experience, so it might be an idea to draft in Cech too, as having Zouma, RLC, and Ake in the same lineup would undoubtably have its risks, while your plan allows for a change in play style which mine doesn't really have - Other than maybe Cesc, there are no 'super subs'. We'll see. This lineup is very reliant on Hazard for the creative flair, but I think he can deliver.

Although I think we played well in the majority of today we seem to have lost the flow we had at the begining of the season. Im not sure whether its Mou driving defence into the lads and not giving the the courage/freedom to go forward. We were so fast on the break before so us playing defensively wasnt that bad because we were scoring the goals to win.

Im not going to beat up Mikel and rami because theyve had good games but this season specially those games have been far and few between. we have no real alternative for either Matic or Cescy which is a big problem. Its tempting to use RLC and Ake against Spurs butwith Kane like he is then Zouma could just be one to think about. I have a feeling Costa just needs to get a goal as you see hes getting it together but as for the midfield I hope its summet that winning some form of silverware can sort out come the summer but till then we just have to use what we got.

has to figure out a way for us to score more than 1 goal a game

There's nothing much he can do when the players can't even play simple 5-10 yard passes and work in tandem with one another.

On the other hand, kinda frustrated by our lack of threat from set pieces. We have quite a few physical and tall players in the side and yet, we have hardly scored enough from corners and/or free kicks. The passes/crosses have always been underhit or gone straight to the goalkeeper. :doh:

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/tv-shows/goals-on-sunday/news/9726727/jose-mourinho-heads-to-goals-on-sunday-sofa-to-talk-chelsea-and-referees

Watch Jose Mourinho on Goals on Sunday, live from 11am on Sky Sports 1.

hmm I wonder what will he say.

Where can we watch that online?