The Mourinho Thread

Your telling me Jose never played conservatively?

Because I said Jose isn't the perfect manager? ok.

No, please don't get me wrong. This is typical Jose and we all know that. And my question was a genuine one because we have never ever played the way you clearly love like Barca and Bayern then why started supporting us in the first place.

Again, genuine question, no sarcasm or mocking.

No, please don't get me wrong. This is typical Jose and we all know that. And my question was a genuine one because we have never ever played the way you clearly love like Barca and Bayern then why started supporting us in the first place.

Again, genuine question, no sarcasm or mocking.

When did I ever talk about loving barcelona or bayern?

I said Jose doesn't have an identity in terms of playstyle going forward and I used a quote by thierry henry stating his most important speech he heard from a manager was concerning identity and playing football.

When did I ever talk about loving barcelona or bayern?

I said Jose doesn't have an identity in terms of playstyle going forward and I used a quote by thierry henry stating his most important speech he heard from a manager was concerning identity and playing football.

Fair enough, my apologies mate.

Identity is not to follow the fashions that other impose you, it is being faithful to your beliefs although the rest goes down against you.

Nuno, coach of ValenciaFC: "Barça of Guardiola has been bad for football. It is a pleasure to watch them play, but today it has created a trend that's only that is football and isn't true"

I fully agree with this guy, also this topic already bored.

In the end majority of football fans recognise good football as good football regardless of the philosophy and execution style. In layman terms a team that attacks and defends well with the right amount of balance and proportion (i.e not 80% defending and 20% attacking) are said to have played a great game. the football we played throughout last year and the majority of the big games this season has been anything but good by any standard.

For example, you saw how our performance against City at the etihad last year and Monaco's against Arsenal were lauded despite being counter attacking in style. People appreciate good football in different forms so there's no major bias towards tiki taka as some are implying. The problem is jose, throughout his career, in the big games, has consistently delivered overwhelmingly negative football with little attacking initiative and creativity and managers are judged not just on trophies/success alone but also on the quality of their overall performances in big games and major competitions amongst other things.

In the end majority of football fans recognise good football as good football regardless of the philosophy and execution style. In layman terms a team that attacks and defends well with the right amount of balance and proportion (i.e not 80% defending and 20% attacking) are said to have played a great game. the football we played throughout last year and the majority of the big games this season has been anything but good by any standard.

For example, you saw how our performance against City at the etihad last year and Monaco's against Arsenal were lauded despite being counter attacking in style. People appreciate good football in different forms so there's no major bias towards tiki taka as some are implying. The problem is jose, throughout his career, in the big games, has consistently delivered overwhelmingly negative football with little attacking initiative and creativity and managers are judged not just on trophies/success alone but also on the quality of their overall performances in big games and major competitions amongst other things.

¿And? That has nothing to do with my comment. Precisely what i say is don't need play like Barcelona to play good football.

The alleged identity of Barcelona is a lie. A joke. Seriously, I live in Spain, and I know perfectly the history of Barcelona and their identity. Is completely FALSE.

The Identity of Barca's just one person, Pep Guardiola. Before coming to Barcelona Guardiola used them only Puyol and Xavi Hernandez as indisputable players in the starting eleven (Messi was beginning even was a substitute in the Champions League final against Arsenal in 2006). Valdes had many problems adjusting for non-sporting reasons and Iniesta not started playing in the starting eleven of Barcelona until I Guardiola (before playing Deco and Xavi always).

It's all a fantasy story they have created from Barcelona. Puyol came to Barcelona 18/19 years old. They talk about players own manufacture in La Masia, but it is false. Barcelona banned from La Masia to Fabregas and Pique (And they were very close to expel Messi also the same year).

The Philosophy of Identity Barcelona Barcelona and is a lie. Guardiola until he get none of that existed. They say it was Johan Cruyff in 1988. CHEAP PHILOSOPHY.

Before the arrival of Guardiola them sign very many Dutch players for big money (Kluivert, Overmars ...) and expelled the players from La Masia.

Guardiola was lucky that Luis Aragones (coach of Spain at Euro 2008, The authentic creator of "Tiki-Taka") change the gameplay of Spain and began to use what in Spain called "Tiki-Taka" with a style of game that revolved around Xavi - Iniesta - Fabregas - Silva. That changed the Spanish football and Barcelona took advantage of that change Luis Aragones and Guardiola began using "Tiki-Taka" in Barcelona.

That is the history of Barcelona and his identity

Only cheap philosophy

Trophies>Identity

And what the fuck is "played football" ?

Only Henry, Guardiola and his troop of Cheap Philosophers are the only ones able to say what the fuck is "played football" ?

Jose Mourinho "BIG BALLS"

jose-morhino-was-pumped-after-chelseas-g

Liked your post because camera mans face is priceless.

At this moment, jose is as close to perfect as they come.

He is playing "conservatively" in "big" matches cos we still don't have the perfect squad for the type of play.

Players like oscar and willian (as good as he has been for the last couple of months) are no where near the likes of etoo and henry of barca. Along with that barca had messi with midfield geniuses like iniesta, xavi, yaya/biscuits. There is a nassive difference in class between that barca and today's chelsea. To even compare the 2 teans is idiotic. This squad is still a work in progress.

http://www.espnfcasia.com/chelsea/story/2323429/jose-mourinho-says-he-once-turned-down-approach-to-coach-tottenham

Mourinho, who is in the second year of a four-year contract, wishes to stay at Chelsea for as long as owner Roman Abramovich wants him. And if the Russian billionaire does dispense with Mourinho's services for a second time, the Portuguese will wait for another English club.

Mourinho said: "I don't want to go away. I will stay here in this chair until Mr Abramovich tells me 'Jose, it's enough.' If one day he tells me 'Jose it's enough' I will go to my house in London and I wait for another English club.

"When I left the first time I had lots of countries to go to and lots of clubs to go to.

"In this moment when I leave I have another 19 clubs in the Premier League and 22 clubs in the Championship. So the options are not so much.

"But I repeat I am in Mr Abramovich's hands. Until he wants me to stay, I will stay -- and that is what I want. I am not thinking about leaving, I want to stay at Chelsea for the rest of my career."

^^ maybe he's telling the truth.... or maybe he's just putting a lot of pressure on the board and owner... if they let him go (and they know he's quality) he'll manage a rival and make it all much harder for Chelsea to win titles (let's no kid ourselves, the only reason that City squad doesn't win more titles is because they have incompetent manager after incompetent manager, Wenger has been holding Arsenal back for years now). He really believes in the 'don't strengthen a rival' philosophy. He sold Mata to United knowing Mata wouldn't strengthen them, the same with Luiz to PSG. Maybe he's hoping the club also believes it, because I feel that was a bait.

But if he's telling the truth, I think he's aiming the Arsenal job. He knows the club gives stability to their manager - otherwise, why would Wenger still be there. The ball is on Chelsea's court. Would they let him go knowing he could end up at the Emirates?

Ignore everything I said.

I just checked the source. ESPNFC Asia?

huahuahuahuahuahuahuahuahuahuahuhauhuahuahuahuahuahuahuahuahuahuahua

Almost as good as Sky Nigeria.

Espn FC out of Europe is written by fans....

There are more reliable sources too:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/28/jose-mourinho-tottenham-chelsea-approach-2007

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/managers/jose-mourinho/11442473/Chelsea-manager-Jose-Mourinho-reveals-Tottenham-tried-to-hire-him.html

Personally I don't think he'll ever go to Arsenal. Wenger will still have some influence there after he leaves and won't let it happen. I can see him going to United though.

And Mourinho just said he turned down other English team (Spurs), because his emotional attachment with Chelsea. Couldn't see him manage other English team, even if he get sacked. Maybe he said that as part of his mind games to get a new contract :ph34r: