The Mourinho Thread

And how much money did this team go for?

Taking the full figure reported for Bertrand (£10m) but the most conservative number now calculated for Luiz (£33m) looks to be around £150m. On the other hand, using the more aggressive figures from Transfermarkt.co.uk; plus including BA, PVA & Torres it comes to £185m!

They probably don't bother because they won't get much out of Mou compared to say a Redknapp press conference where he would probably have revealed Tony Fernández's bank details if he was pushed hard enough.

:lol: could definitely imagine 'Arry doing that. I agree that they'd get nothing from Jose before a game but I don't think he'd be as relcutant to discuss tactics when the game's done. He used to in Italy I believe but the journalists here ask such dull, repetitive questions.

Why do they have to hold a press conference? It's not like the journalists ask any good questions.

They have strict guidelines they have to follow. If they don't they get banned. If they get banned they'll most likely lose their jobs. I'm sure the journos would love to get a decent story

They have strict guidelines they have to follow. If they don't they get banned. If they get banned they'll most likely lose their jobs. I'm sure the journos would love to get a decent story

Not even simple questions like 'Jose, do you think Liverpol were able to bypass your team's pressing a bit too easily today?' or 'You managed to overload the left wing many times in today's game with Luis playing at LB [...]'? Surely they could be a bit more adventurous with what they ask (in the post match conferences at least) without getting banned.

I can understand that but still, most questions aren't even worth asking. They should just stop the press conferences if they aren't allowed to ask decent questions, atm it's really a waste of time imo.