The Mourinho Thread

^^^

We have to play Leicester away fella.

Concur though, we are in a great position & need to drive it home from now on! Leads have been lost at a later stage than Feb, CL games will have an effect too but no F.A cup sadly, however I said when we went out it would be a blessing in disguise.

^^^

We have to play Leicester away fella.

Concur though, we are in a great position & need to drive it home from now on! Leads have been lost at a later stage than Feb, CL games will have an effect too but no F.A cup sadly, however I said when we went out it would be a blessing in disguise.

Being out of the FA cup is definitely a blessing in disguise.

Being out of the FA cup is definitely a blessing in disguise.

Can't agree with this at all. Maybe we can try to find a silver lining in there somewhere, but being out of The Cup is a huge, nasty cloud of the most depressing grey colour. Bad, bad, bad, bad.

• [*]We only leave London TWICE from now till the end of the season. Hull and WBA.
We leave London 3 times, hopefully with the CL getting in full swing again & just 3 away games outside the capital it will aid recovery times for league games following flights abroad.

Considering we got all three points in what is always a difficult game. I say he got the starting XI spot on.

I think that Drogba wasn't on the level, if that's been Remy in the first half I think we would've scored at least one more goal

• We only leave London THRICE from now till the end of the season. Hull, Leicester and WBA. Pretty incredible stat. I can't remember something similar happening, at least to us.
  • We have 8 more home games and 6 more away games. Of those 6 away games, all of them except away to Arsenal and West Ham are vs the 3 bottom sides (Leicester, QPR and Hull) and to 15th placed West Brom. Yes, they're fighting for their lives, but I'll rather we face these teams than top 6 teams away from home. There's a reason why they are in the relegation zone, because they're crap.
  • We face all top 10 sides at home, including Man United, Liverpool and Southampton.
  • We're 7 points clear of our nearest rivals, who are closer to 4th placed Man United than they are to us. We have to lose two games and draw one for them to overtake us.
  • Man City still have to go away to Stoke, Man United, Liverpool and a resurgent Tottenham. Even assuming they stop dropping points at home from now till May, that's a very very tough away schedule.
  • We have the best squad of players and by far the best manager.

Weirder things have happened, yes, but taking all those bullet points into consideration, it will be an absolute travesty if we don't win it from here now. On paper and in reality, the 1st half of the season with all those tough matches away from home we've had was much more difficult than this 2nd half. Unless we get dicked over by the refs, we really should be (deserving) Champions this time. </p>

Thank you for articulating my thoughts.

• We only leave London THRICE from now till the end of the season. Hull, Leicester and WBA. Pretty incredible stat. I can't remember something similar happening, at least to us.
  • We have 8 more home games and 6 more away games. Of those 6 away games, all of them except away to Arsenal and West Ham are vs the 3 bottom sides (Leicester, QPR and Hull) and to 15th placed West Brom. Yes, they're fighting for their lives, but I'll rather we face these teams than top 6 teams away from home. There's a reason why they are in the relegation zone, because they're crap.
  • We face all top 10 sides at home, including Man United, Liverpool and Southampton.
  • We're 7 points clear of our nearest rivals, who are closer to 4th placed Man United than they are to us. We have to lose two games and draw one for them to overtake us.
  • Man City still have to go away to Stoke, Man United, Liverpool and a resurgent Tottenham. Even assuming they stop dropping points at home from now till May, that's a very very tough away schedule.

Weirder things have happened, yes, but taking all those bullet points into consideration, it will be an absolute travesty if we don't win it from here now. On paper and in reality, the 1st half of the season with all those tough matches away from home we've had was much more difficult than this 2nd half. Unless we get dicked over by the refs, we really should be (deserving) Champions this time.

This is the ideal situation but those small teams scare the heck out of me more so than the top 7 teams because this is the business end of the season and they will be fighting for survival and will park that bus harder and better than ever.

Weirder things have happened, yes, but taking all those bullet points into consideration, it will be an absolute travesty if we don't win it from here now. On paper and in reality, the 1st half of the season with all those tough matches away from home we've had was much more difficult than this 2nd half. Unless we get dicked over by the refs, we really should be (deserving) Champions this time.

mark my words, we will leave london 7 times from now till the end of the season!!! (if you know what i mean)

We shall see if mourinho from now on refuses to use zouma as a starter and will op for cahill.

Just because you play a younger player in one important game doesn't mean much.

It's continuation what matters.

One clever fella made a point in the Zouma thread about him having started only in home games. If Zouma starts the next home game and Cahill next away game, then I say he pretty much nailed it. When Zouma starts starting away games too and performing in them, then I say there is a real chance of him permanently displacing GC. The fact that Zouma performed in two consecutive BIG home games hints towards Mourinho taking steps in bedding him in, but maybe he feels he's not quite yet ready to do it away in front of hostile crowd. I have a feeling Zouma is Mou's next Varane, based on the way he talks about him and how he already trusted him.

One clever fella made a point in the Zouma thread about him having started only in home games. If Zouma starts the next home game and Cahill next away game, then I say he pretty much nailed it. When Zouma starts starting away games too and performing in them, then I say there is a real chance of him permanently displacing GC. The fact that Zouma performed in two consecutive BIG home games hints towards Mourinho taking steps in bedding him in, but maybe he feels he's not quite yet ready to do it away in front of hostile crowd. I have a feeling Zouma is Mou's next Varane, based on the way he talks about him and how he already trusted him.

We shall see.

Because just by starting him in one big game don't mean much if you don't follow it.

Rodgers has done that with some younger players that he play them in one important game and then after that not much is seen.

So for me consistency is the key. Otherwise it might be another KDB type case.

This is the ideal situation but those small teams scare the heck out of me more so than the top 7 teams because this is the business end of the season and they will be fighting for survival and will park that bus harder and better than ever.

Don't forget they'll also be fighting for 3 points; Wins. Draws will no be longer be good enough to beat the drop, so hopefully that works in our favour. Also, with the added power of Fabregas, Matic and Costa this season, not too many teams have succeeded in parking the bus against us. For instance, we've spent most of this season leading matches, more so than any team in Europe, bar Real Madrid (and the difference is negligible).

B9fw0emCIAAplwY.png

Managers dont often get enough credit for pushing all the righ buttons, but JM did tonight.

Nice starting eleven, started Cuadrado & played Willian centrally, brought on the right reinforcements with (Cesc & Drogba).

I'm not sure about that. Obviously, I'm not in a position to know the fitness of Fabregas, but I was surprised he wasn't on at half-time. The reinforcements that came on did nothing special to add to the win as well. I was surprised Remy was brought off when we were chasing the game.