The Mourinho Thread

Strange appointment. Spurs run on a limited budget and have a stadium to pay for. What's Mourinho going to do w/o a monster transfer kitty and some important players running their contracts down soon?! 

And the (massive) change in style... Hmmm, from proactive Poch football to the Mourinho bore fest. But I guess Levy is a bit desperate and hired Mourinho for the 'Mourinho factor' (if there is still anything left in it). Levy knows they desperately need CL football to remain relevant. With such a big debt and frankly not the best of spenders, they simply need to be in the CL every season and I guess they needed a manager to do it the dirty way. 

But if you ask me who would I have thought would be a better fit to replace Poch and keep them on the same positive line in terms of style of play then I guess Brendan Rodgers would be the answer. It surely was the first name on my mind the other day when I saw they sacked Poch. 

Very odd appointment. It really is a step down from Poch to Jose. Jose will try and be a good boy for the 1st year or so like he always does but watching the chaos that will inevitably ensue when he and Levy collide over transfers should be pure comedy. Mourinho is washed at the top level.  Since 2012, the only meaningful title he's won is the Premier league with us which Hazard carried him to. (I was watching some old matches from that season just a few weeks ago and the football was shocking, much worse than I remembered). Hazard gave everything including his body that 2nd half of that season, create, score, assist, ball carry, start attacks, track back.... It probably cost him physically the following season with some others as well.

Mourinho also won a Europa league with United albeit with a ridiculously easy run, they faced no one throughout the tournament. 

As for expecting loyalty from Jose towards us. Maybe this will take his blind acolytes among us down a peg..... oh they're still out there. Mourinho does NOT GIVE A FLYING FUCK about us. He's all about his ego and self preservation. How some still don't understand that is beyond me but some have their idols they've already made to infallible gods i guess. 

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:
28 minutes ago, Fernando said:
The squad is quality, I think better then us. Can easily get to another Cl final. 

They rode their luck last season

Can easily do the same. With Kane top, you can grab goals then defend and hit them in the counter. A good way to get to another final in a cup game.