The Mourinho Thread

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/10/2019 at 10:07 PM, NikkiCFC said:

Rejected Lyon waiting for PL job :ph34r: Would love to see him at Spurs. League would be more interesting and his Press Conferences are always funny. 

I screamo, you screamo, we all screamo for SpudMo.

IndelibleLegalAngelwingmussel-max-1mb.gi

On 10/9/2019 at 11:07 PM, NikkiCFC said:

Rejected Lyon waiting for PL job :ph34r: Would love to see him at Spurs. League would be more interesting and his Press Conferences are always funny. 

Hopefully he goes to Tottenham they will be left in ruins for ages with him.

13 hours ago, Nicco said:

Hopefully he goes to Tottenham they will be left in ruins for ages with him.

I doubt he would ruin them necessarily, its not as simple as that. 

Theyve done the whole long term thing with Pochettino since 2014, who with limited cash resources has done a very good job undoubtedly but at the same time, looking at it rather bluntly, other than getting to a CL final, hes not really done anything that Harry Redknapp and Villas-Boas hadnt done before at Spurs, both got them into the CL. Okay they have managed 2 x 2nd place finishes in that time but they werent exactly close to the team at the top in any occasion, was like 7 and 10 points off.

Yes hes brought a new batch of talented players through, theyve played better football, signed some bigger players depsite that theyd bought a new stadium and training complex etc but has he really changed the culture? Does anybody think Spurs realistically go into the start of a season to challenge for the PL or win trophies? I dont necessarily think so  its even more evident for me in that regard because he continuously disregards the league cups as well, where as even at United, here, City etc we take it seriously enough because there is a winning culture at our clubs. All the good work hes done in 5 years at Spurs has accumulated in getting to a CL final and top 4 finishes. The season Spurs and Arsenal really had a chance to win the PL, the season Leicester won it, they fucked it. They have players who have won trophies regularly as well at some level, experienced guys like Vertonghen, Eriksen, Alderweireld, Lloris (world cup which is the biggest trophy out there), Wanyama, Aurier, Moura...

Jose could maybe go there, sign a few players (realistically they still have a very good team as it is), push that group to change their mentality and the short term approach could do something for them in regards to making the next step. Maybe not but I am curious to see where Jose goes next and what he does because despite United being shite under him in that last season, he was thrown under the bus a wee bit by either performances or the mentality of tempermental players like Pogba, Rashford, Sanchez, Martial etc who could sulk. I think if he had a few more players closer to the sort of mentality that Ibrahimovic had although these sort of players with this sort of or similar mentalitiies are dying out of the game I feel, they might have turned it round. Maybe not but its clear to see throughout his career here the first time, Inter and even at Real before it went to shit, he prefers these sort of tougher, more experienced players because they can take stick and understand that you can't always be mates with everyone or that everything wont always be hunky dory because shit will undoubtedly hit the fan at some point. Roy Keane touched on these things in an interview thing I watched that in the United dressing room coaches and players would have heated exchanges if things weren't good enough. He believed it was good at times and I still think all top teams maybe should have this sort of element to a certain level even if its maybe not as severe as it would of been 15-20 years ago.

Do I see Jose going to Spurs though? Not really. Dont think Spurs are big enough for him in that regard. I think Pochettinos cycle there is coming to an end though, I really do, I dont think he has that winning mentality to push them much further than he has already and you can see some of their players arent as committed as before, Eriksen, Vertonghen, Alderweireld etc. Other than Ndombele the whole tean looks stale.

19 hours ago, killer1257 said:

He did less with Hazard, Costa and Cesc

Yes in his last season where nobody performed well but Willian, so yeah your gonna do less if 10 of your 11 players starting each week are underperforming and not to the standard most weeks. There were other elements perhaps tactically as well we didnt evolve but if anyone says that season that anybody played well before Jose was sacked except Willi, they'd be lying. 

• 4 weeks later...

Bayern, Arsenal, Real Madrid? Which club will push the panic button marked 'Jose Mourinho' next?

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/english-premier-league/story/3981190/bayernarsenalreal-madrid-will-jose-mourinho-ever-get-another-big-job-again

Related image

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Bayern, Arsenal, Real Madrid? Which club will push the panic button marked 'Jose Mourinho' next?

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/english-premier-league/story/3981190/bayernarsenalreal-madrid-will-jose-mourinho-ever-get-another-big-job-again

Related image

He is going to Tottenham I think.

• 3 weeks later...