The Mourinho Thread

5 hours ago, Jason said:

Someone's feeling the pressure and can't handle the fact that another manager is doing a better job than he did with basically the same squad.

Am I the only one who interpreted this second quote as a dig at us?  I also remember him almost dismissively calling us a counter attacking side either just before or just after we played them.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Am I the only one who interpreted this second quote as a dig at us?  I also remember him almost dismissively calling us a counter attacking side either just before or just after we played them.

He is the last guy to complain about that haha. 

Besides the difference when his team goes 1:0 he closes, when Conte does, we keep playing. Sure you change that for last 10 mins or so, but Mou is doing it for whole games regardless of opponent. I just saw a short documentary of him, it reminded me how amazing he was once,  8 years unbeaten at home, and how far he has fallen now. As for his character I kinda understand him. Few can be great leaders and great characters at same time. When you are winning all and suddenly not, its hard to adjust. Some do, some dont. 

4 hours ago, Pizy said:

It was after. Said that we scored the goals from counter-attacking situations when none of them were. He must have been hurt by the sight of us going to a team managed by Guardiola and destroying his side on the break as devastating as we did, something that he has never quite achieved against Guardiola. And not to mention, even if we don't play on the front foot under Conte, at least there's still desire to play on the break and go for the goals. With Mourinho? Granted, our players' average/poor decision making doesn't help at times but mostly, we set up way too defensively and didn't have any ambition to win the big games - especially away from home.

20 hours ago, LDN Blue said:

Jose is right they've played good football,

They've played better than they have before but that doesn't mean it's good football. If United play good football then so do most teams in the league.

6 hours ago, Fernando said:

"Remember how SAF started"....hopefully they keep up with this mentality so he can stay there for a lot longer. :)

HATE it when United fans say this. As if SAF had the luxury of spending £150m or whatever it was back then in his first season. United hadn't won a title since 1967 when Fergie took over, they were not the club we know now.

20 hours ago, Fernando said:

Jose Mourinho says Manchester United playing well despite Everton draw

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/10683720/jose-mourinho-says-manchester-united-playing-well-despite-everton-draw

Good I hope he keeps playing like this. 

In fact I hope he continues at United for many more years. 

I still remember the Mourinho German apologist telling me how Chelsea will regret the decision to sack him. As Mourinho will make us pay. :D

Their problem is that the thing that used to work doesn't anymore: sitting deep, soaking up pressure is costing them a lot this season. Maybe it's because the game has developed, or maybe it's because there's no Walter Samuel. Anyway their backs are already up against the wall and Spurs are coming on next, expect more pain to be inflicted. Afterwards i can see things getting better...

You can talk about performances all you want, but the emotional connection is sad to be lost, IMO. That's on the players and the management. As things stand, this season you seem to have predicted the right outcome, but it's silly to already generalise about the next years. Anything can happen...

On 12/4/2016 at 7:43 PM, Pizy said:

Tbh, I see both quotes as more of a dig at the press than us, because he's always been chastised in the press for his style of play.

Mourinho knows he's not fooling anyone. He's been known for defensive and counter-attacking football, 1-nilers and the rest. I'm pretty sure he enjoys that kind of efficient play. Like Gary Neville said in commentary, only the greatest teams are so devastating at counter-attack. That goes for Chelsea, the United sides under SAF, old Arsenal sides and more. . I'm pretty sure he would have adopted a similar approach at Man Utd, if it weren't really Man Utd.

Man Utd hierarchy 'encouraged' by team's improving style of play under Jose Mourinho

"Style of play"

What a load of bollocks. The only good thing in the Everton match was Mkhitaryan who's an absolute baller. Amazingly good player. Other than that, José's MUFC team plays boring, hoofball football. 

If he misses out on Champions League qualification, which I think he will as this is the top 4 (us, Arsenal, Liverpool and City) and Spurs will probably get Europa League, and he stays on as MUFC coach it would be a disgrace to Moyes and Louis van Gaal who got axed for not getting United in the Champions League let alone top 4/5. They sacked Van Gaal after winning the FA Cup and took Mourinho because they wanted and needed better results and are they getting any? Their deluded fans say yes as the "style of football is more enjoyable" but where the fuck are the results??? Mou is better at drawing than Hiddink was here at Chelsea ATM. What a joke!  

8 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Man Utd hierarchy 'encouraged' by team's improving style of play under Jose Mourinho

"Style of play"

What a load of bollocks. The only good thing in the Everton match was Mkhitaryan who's an absolute baller. Amazingly good player. Other than that, José's MUFC team plays boring, hoofball football. 

If he misses out on Champions League qualification, which I think he will as this is the top 4 (us, Arsenal, Liverpool and City) and Spurs will probably get Europa League, and he stays on as MUFC coach it would be a disgrace to Moyes and Louis van Gaal who got axed for not getting United in the Champions League let alone top 4/5. They sacked Van Gaal after winning the FA Cup and took Mourinho because they wanted and needed better results and are they getting any? Their deluded fans say yes as the "style of football is more enjoyable" but where the fuck are the results??? Mou is better at drawing than Hiddink was here at Chelsea ATM. What a joke!  

United's board don't have a clue, do they? Said it before, the club have been a mess ever since Fergie retired, both on and off the pitch.

31 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I was chatting to a United fan yesterday and he's the 4th person I have spoken too who supports them that says "They just need a bit of luck"

Fucking hell they are even talking like JM now.

I think if we are honest we will all agree that Manutd played well against Burnley, Stoke and Arsenal. If they won these games nobody would be able to argue that they didnt deserve to win. Also, If we drew vs Spurs and lost against Man City. But for me it's all about mentality. Tottenham could have scored 2nd, they didnt and we scored, 1-1. De Bruyne had a glorious chance to make it 2-0 but he didnt. And straight away it's 1-1. This is EPL. If you dont kill, you will be killed. So that's what Man Utd fans think at the moment that they are just unlucky but I dont believe in luck or unluck at all. Teams that win will always be called lucky by rival fans. :)