The Mourinho Thread

Some people are getting obsessed with Jose [emoji3] 

One of the busiest threads around the block, but only if United loses a game. [emoji4]

Upcoming games won't be easy, opponents will be right up for it. Can't afford to lose, simply can't. I wonder what happens if Jose is too stubborn and refuses to change the lineups...

6 hours ago, Essien19 said:

One of the busiest threads around the block, but only if United loses a game. emoji4.png

Upcoming games won't be easy, opponents will be right up for it. Can't afford to lose, simply can't. I wonder what happens if Jose is too stubborn and refuses to change the lineups...

Our last season should give you an idea.

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho's criticism of players 'nastier and more personal than Sir Alex Ferguson's ever was’

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/09/20/manchester-united-manager-jose-mourinhos-criticism-of-players-na/

So it has started. How much before he "feels his job betrayed"? 

Leicester, Stoke, Liverpool and Chelsea ahead. Reckon it'll get nasty for him should they get only 5 or 6 points from these matches.

Hope it all goes down to the Chelsea match where hopefully Conte batters United and everyone turns against Mourinho from that point.

1 hour ago, petre.ispirescu said:

So it has started. How much before he "feels his job betrayed"? 

The hunt has already started, it's gonna be a lot more fun if he catches one of them during the act.

'Wayne Rooney has always been a vocal voice in the dressing room but the United captain is understood to feel under immense pressure after a disappointing start to the season and is worried about his place in the team against Leicester after a dismal showing at Watford, when he came in for severe criticism on social media from fans.'

To be serious, i think the media is making things up. It's easy to write this kind of stuff when Jose is losing matches.

6 hours ago, Essien19 said:

The hunt has already started, it's gonna be a lot more fun if he catches one of them during the act.

To be serious, i think the media is making things up. It's easy to write this kind of stuff when Jose is losing matches.

Neville feeding the fans with links to the article makes me feel it's his friend Rooney who leaked everything to the media.

United's old guard don't like Mourinho. I know Fergie tried to drop Rooney at the end of his reign, but don't count him out of this yet. His gesture at the end of the City match speaks volumes. 

And don't you ever buy that "Sir Alex Ferguson is friends with Mourinho" bullshit. If you read Diego Torres' book you will see that Ferguson hates Mourinho the same way Sir Bobby Charlton does. 

Mourinho was a mess after he found out that Moyes was appointed at United. He thought he is the one to replace Ferguson, although David Gill had told Jorge Mendes (Mourinho's agent) that United is not interested in Mourinho and Sir Alex's 1st choice is Pep Guardiola.

Mourinho though he is friends with Ferguson, but Ferguson didn't even call or text him to inform about his decision. And Sir Bobby Charlton's interview in which he said something like "A United manager would not do what he did to Tito Vilanova. Mourinho is a good coach, but I'd prefer to stop here." absolutely killed Mourinho. 

The days after United announced the appointment of Moyes, Mourinho did not even attend training sessions and let his assistants do the job. Jorge Mendes then leaked fake infos to the media that indeed Mourinho was offered the job by Sir Alex, about half a year before Moyes was appointed, but he had to reject it because his wife wanted to live in London :lol: And then Mourinho had an interview and said that he knew way before that Ferguson was going to appoint Moyes because Ferguson knew he could not make Mourinho an offer because he had his heart set on Chelsea :lol: So Mendes says his client had received an offer from Ferguson, but rejected it and then Mourinho says he actually did not receive an offer because Ferguson did not try to make him one because Mourinho informed him long time ago that he wanted to go to Chelsea, not United :lol:

You will realize in time how full of shit this man is. 

So, my point is - Whoever took the decision to bring Mourinho to United, he went over Ferguson and Bobby Charlton's heads. No doubt. Don't get surprised if Rooney is not the only one trying to make Mourinho's life miserable and United's old guard is involved, too.

9 hours ago, Essien19 said:

Think it's the media like you say. As you saw how they made up the thing about Roman. 

Mourinho and Roman are two figures you can make things up on a fly because of their past experience. 

10 hours ago, Essien19 said:

I'm surprised it has started because it is Man United afterall, everybody's darling. Guess clicks generated by using Mourinho's name outweighs their love for red.

4 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Neville feeding the fans with links to the article makes me feel it's his friend Rooney who leaked everything to the media.

United's old guard don't like Mourinho. I know Fergie tried to drop Rooney at the end of his reign, but don't count him out of this yet. His gesture at the end of the City match speaks volumes. 

And don't you ever buy that "Sir Alex Ferguson is friends with Mourinho" bullshit. If you read Diego Torres' book you will see that Ferguson hates Mourinho the same way Sir Bobby Charlton does. 

Mourinho was a mess after he found out that Moyes was appointed at United. He thought he is the one to replace Ferguson, although David Gill had told Jorge Mendes (Mourinho's agent) that United is not interested in Mourinho and Sir Alex's 1st choice is Pep Guardiola.

Mourinho though he is friends with Ferguson, but Ferguson didn't even call or text him to inform about his decision. And Sir Bobby Charlton's interview in which he said something like "A United manager would not do what he did to Tito Vilanova. Mourinho is a good coach, but I'd prefer to stop here." absolutely killed Mourinho. 

The days after United announced the appointment of Moyes, Mourinho did not even attend training sessions and let his assistants do the job. Jorge Mendes then leaked fake infos to the media that indeed Mourinho was offered the job by Sir Alex, about half a year before Moyes was appointed, but he had to reject it because his wife wanted to live in London :lol: And then Mourinho had an interview and said that he knew way before that Ferguson was going to appoint Moyes because Ferguson knew he could not make Mourinho an offer because he had his heart set on Chelsea :lol: So Mendes says his client had received an offer from Ferguson, but rejected it and then Mourinho says he actually did not receive an offer because Ferguson did not try to make him one because Mourinho informed him long time ago that he wanted to go to Chelsea, not United :lol:

You will realize in time how full of shit this man is. 

So, my point is - Whoever took the decision to bring Mourinho to United, he went over Ferguson and Bobby Charlton's heads. No doubt. Don't get surprised if Rooney is not the only one trying to make Mourinho's life miserable and United's old guard is involved, too.

I haven't read the book you're talking about, just a few extracts. Maybe i should so that i can let you know my take on. But overall i wouldn't build my opinion based on one book which comes across (the aformentioned extracts) bitter and one sided. First and foremost Torres wans to sell copies and therefore he needs controversy. Still, as far as i know Mourinho didn't sue so it's not all made up out of thin air, but according to his advisor Palmares:

"it is completely false. It has no head or tail."

In the end, it's he said she said, imo.

Anyway i find it confusing that i haven't see any? picture of Mourinho and Ferguson together after he has become new manager. There was even one with Charlton, ffs. But today i think they get along, maybe a bit of a dislike, but 'hate' is too strong a word of. Back in the day i remember Ferguson saying that Mourinho can manage anywhere. I thought they meet up and maybe work a bit together. Looks not to be the case.

Ferguson in 2016:

'I thought Jose was wrong to go back to Chelsea [...]

'I think Manchester United is the right kind of club for him, I really do. I think we'll do well.'

He could be full of shit and got no other choice then coming up with stuff like this. But i for one wouldn't call the old man a blatant liar. You're right, the whole world saw Ferguson shaking his head.
Isn't it more likely that it was based on the team's poor performance than only because of the coach?

Mourinho in 2013 (event took place after the game against Man United):

“The same way that he (Ferguson) told me he was going to retire and I kept secret on that, I also told him that I was coming in this direction [to Chelsea]

Ferguson didn't deny any of it to this day. Sure people can say Mourinho is such a bullshiter, the 'one of us', 'buillding a dynasty' all just words. But for me, i need more than Torres saying so to dismiss my knowledge.

I'm under the impression that Rooney liked Van Gaal, he was still his captain and therefore 'he shall always play'. Nevertheless Rooney seemed close to joining Mourinho's Chelsea back in 2013. At least the thought enticed him, Gerrard backs that one up. Maybe Mourinho's man management turns him off now, because after a loss you wouldn't want to be around with Mourinho, one player mentioned that one, forgot who, though.

Maybe now we'll get an open battle between Rooney's media imperium and Mourinho's trusted capos. I guess Mourinho fired first... -people wondering how Rooney's team is going to respond, there you have it. Still scratching my head that the man who benched Real's institution Casillas isn't following a harder line when it comes to Rooney. Bench him, ffs. Don't think Neville is in team Rooney, though, always speaking highly about the Portuguese and he knows what real management means. On the other hand, ginger prince Scholsey? Not sure.

29 minutes ago, manpe said:

I'm surprised it has started because it is Man United afterall, everybody's darling. Guess clicks generated by using Mourinho's name outweighs their love for red.

Especially Tabloids look to be obsessed with Mounchester.

I'm not surprised with the others, they have their inside man for three years, that'll always make a good story.

Pressure today will be monumental, interesting to find out whether or not he'll make changes. It's a must win for them!

4 hours ago, Essien19 said:

I haven't read the book you're talking about, just a few extracts. Maybe i should so that i can let you know my take on. But overall i wouldn't build my opinion based on one book which comes across (the aformentioned extracts) bitter and one sided. First and foremost Torres wans to sell copies and therefore he needs controversy. Still, as far as i know Mourinho didn't sue so it's not all made up out of thin air, but according to his advisor Palmares:

You should read it. I know that the Spanish journos acted like cunts towards Mourinho's last season in Madrid, but he asked for it. The Spanish media came to its lowest point when they went after his family, I know it and it is not normal. The book, although exagerated at some points, is mainly made on sources from inside the club. And believe me, it was very hard to find somebody inside RM's HQ towards Mourinho's last months at the club to still appreciate him. Everybody in Madrid hated his guts apart from the ultras section. It's worth a read.

I recommend you to pay attention to the Levante part. Think it's in the first 20-30 pages if I remember correctly. It will show the (huge) class difference between Mourinho's RM and Guardiola's Barcelona. And between the two managers as well, of course.

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

He's having another meltdown....lashing out at all the so called football Einstein's who have criticized him:lol:

I really never thought he would have a problem up there. I thought with the players he brought in the fans/players/Mgmnt would be right behind him. But with all those massive egos in one place, all those players wanting game time added to not knowing where the fuck to play the most expensive player in the world and their long time captain then theres bound to be some major implosions from all directions.

Aint it a damned shame eh :D  I just hope Happy is fit by the time we play them.