The Mourinho Thread

Shows how not getting the right CM in the summer is costing us big time.

For a couple of matches there was a mini resurgence, with Fabregas and Matic some resemblance of form.

Then when we play teams like Tottenham and Bournemouth that press...Fabregas disappears.

Also, dropping Costa for a match to send him a message is one thing, but opting to leave the only other recognized striker in Remy on the bench for this match is another.

Shows how not getting the right CM in the summer is costing us big time.

For a couple of matches there was a mini resurgence, with Fabregas and Matic some resemblance of form.

Then when we play teams like Tottenham and Bournemouth that press...Fabregas disappears.

Also, dropping Costa for a match to send him a message is one thing, but opting to leave the only other recognized striker in Remy on the bench for this match is another.

Spot on BA. How we miss a Lampard, Makalele, Ballack, Essien...even Tiago. There was one break yesterday when Remy held the ball up, there were quickly six Bournemouth players in the penalty area , and a space opened up in front -100% Lampard territory.

We are paying the price for a hesitant, ponderous Summer transfer farce.

Spot on BA. How we miss a Lampard, Makalele, Ballack, Essien...even Tiago. There was one break yesterday when Remy held the ball up, there were quickly six Bournemouth players in the penalty area , and a space opened up in front -100% Lampard territory.

We are paying the price for a hesitant, ponderous Summer transfer farce.

the summer wasnt great, but it's effectively the same squad + a "top" player in pedro, and 2 promising youngsters. So i don't think it explains the drop from 1st to 15th.

I can't find the post where I said I'd give him until the New Year to sort it out... but at this rate we'll be in the Europa League by Thursday morning, out of the FA Cup in round three, and in a relegation dogfight. He's done nothing to change the set-up. We've had a few wins against piss-poor opposition down to strokes of good fortune or brilliance, but tactically, we're the same predictable team we've been for two years. You can overlook poor football when we're overpowering teams and winning games, but you can't when you're failing to create clear-cut chances. How many clear cut chances have we had in the last few games? None. Unacceptable.

I know there's no-one more qualified we can bring in, but he's too stubborn to change it, and while mongs like Fabregas and Oscar get free rides, we're not going to win another game between now and the end of the month.

If we get a positive result against Porto which lets face it is pretty unlikely on current form then what?. Because if we get drawn against R. Madrid, B.Munich, Barcelona, P.S.G and for that matter Man City we are going to be on the end of a serious caning. We basically on current form are the equivalent of facing Maccabi Tel Aviv.

the summer wasnt great, but it's effectively the same squad + a "top" player in pedro, and 2 promising youngsters. So i don't think it explains the drop from 1st to 15th.

Its obvious quite a few are not hungry, and some dont give a fuck. Fabregas joined us to win the PL and hes done that. I can see why Jose seemingly blindly plays him though. He about the only one that can thread the eye of the needle, as he did so many times last season, but now can rarely be arsed.

Most now are not up for the fight, let alone realise its ultimately about sticking the ball in the onion bag.

Baba must be Emanalos nephew or something, Ramires is lungs on legs, Mikel one dimensional with imagination of a brick, Oscar is a hologram...good squad players only

Imo the only ones worthy atm are Tibo, Hazard, Willian, Pedro, Azpi and Zouma.

Maria and the board need to realise this Summer or January, that the parent clubs of prospective acquisitions are fully aware that the Russian is a multi -billionaire and as such will demand silly Man City/Chelsea money. So if there are people the 250+scouts have earmarked then dont fuck about.

Scolari wanted Drogba gone? One quick talk from Didier with Abra, gone!

Avb trusted Lukaku instead of Drogba against United, furthermore no mate with Lampard? Gone!

Benitez thought Terry's legs were gone? It didn't take long, gone.

Personally i think if Mourinho is getting the sack, we will go back to the good ol' days, meaning,

zero stability and more and more moaning.

That’s just my two cents worth. :ph34r:

Yeah, let's forget about the good old days, you know, when our team actually understood the meaning of "scoring goals" and "having fun"

Let's forget that zero stability gave us the Champions League trophy.

Its obvious quite a few are not hungry, and some dont give a fuck. Fabregas joined us to win the PL and hes done that. I can see why Jose seemingly blindly plays him though. He about the only one that can thread the eye of the needle, as he did so many times last season, but now can rarely be arsed.

Most now are not up for the fight, let alone realise its ultimately about sticking the ball in the onion bag.

Baba must be Emanalos nephew or something, Ramires is lungs on legs, Mikel one dimensional with imagination of a brick, Oscar is a hologram...good squad players only

Imo the only ones worthy atm are Tibo, Hazard, Willian, Pedro, Azpi and Zouma.

Maria and the board need to realise this Summer or January, that the parent clubs of prospective acquisitions are fully aware that the Russian is a multi -billionaire and as such will demand silly Man City/Chelsea money. So if there are people the 250+scouts have earmarked then dont fuck about.

Two or three underperforming players is acceptable as generally the rest of the team picks up the slack and grinds out the victories/draws but when 7 or 8 players in your starting XI don't give a shit about the team or the result, it points to problems in the dressing room

All those rumors of a mole in the dressing room, problems between players and the manager..

As they say: where there's smoke, there's fire

Two or three underperforming players is acceptable as generally the rest of the team picks up the slack and grinds out the victories/draws but when 7 or 8 players in your starting XI don't give a shit about the team or the result, it points to problems in the dressing room

All those rumors of a mole in the dressing room, problems between players and the manager..

As they say: where there's smoke, there's fire

True, theres so many permutations where it could have gone wrong. Yesterday, and much of this season though one thing was missing for one reason or another-someone goal hungry, a recognised striker. Its fine the neat possession round the box but ultimately you want a clinical finisher. Two would be good.

Has he been sacked yet?

In the big picture and taking everything into account I cannot believe he is still here. He hasn't even tried to shake things up such as tactics, formations and giving fringe players a chance.

If I was RA I would have him called in at first light tomorrow and want a full explanation as to what he is thinking.