The Mourinho Thread

48 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I said a few weeks ago...If United fans think LvG's playing style was bad just wait until the little Mourinho honeymoon period is over and let's see the reaction from them then.

This is going to be fascinating to watch, believe me.

I just don't think that'll happen there. They have such a bottomless pit of cash they can simply throw money at superstars if things start getting stale. Top players will always be attracted to and want to play for Mourinho. I think this appointment for United will finally bring them up to where they "belong" when it comes to the transfer window. Paying silly Real Madrid/Barca prices for players.

Can't see anything other than success for him and United. My hope is that Conte is given every opportunity to make sure he isn't too successful. Purely in terms of coaching skill and management Conte is every bit the equal to Mourinho. If the owner gives him the means we can compete with Mou and Pep.

Anyways, this will sting for a while for me. Probably for the entire '16/17 season. If Chelsea struggles next season whilst Mourinho wins or almost wins the title in his first year it'll be torture. I've finally come around to the thinking that I refused to believe before; that he only ever came back to Chelsea because he had no alternatives. If Man United had offered him the job instead of Moyes he'd have taken it.

The love affair for me is forever over. Forza Conte!

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

I said a few weeks ago...If United fans think LvG's playing style was bad just wait until the little Mourinho honeymoon period is over and let's see the reaction from them then.

This is going to be fascinating to watch, believe me.

Thing is our honeymoon period first time never ended really or became clear after 3 years..this time 1 and a half so can't see it being anything like was with us. Espically if the results and trophies come as well 

4 minutes ago, MichaelDance said:

Source? He'd never say that :o

Apparently he had an interview for MUFC TV. 

From what I understand, though, he's talking about United's last three years. 

1 minute ago, xPetrCechx said:

When I see chelsea supporters that wishing him well and success at united and many trophies there. :mouthclosed:

WTF?! we are chelsea FC not Jose FC.

They can go support united!

Anyone wishing him success is not a fan of the club, but Jose in my opinion is the best manager in the world and I love him :D (in a non homosexual way). He's like a uncle. I don't wish anything bad to happen to him like being ill but I don't want him to win a trophy with them. But I'll always be a Jose fan and my blood is Blue and I love Chelsea 

2 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

Apparently he had an interview for MUFC TV. 

From what I understand, though, he's talking about United's last three years. 

I'd have to see it from his own mouth before I believe it, they are probably trying to rub it in our face and make lies up.

Edit: Oh well I'm ok with that, but not if he means with us :(

2 minutes ago, MichaelDance said:

I'd have to see it from his own mouth before I believe it, they are probably trying to rub it in our face and make lies up.

Edit: Oh well I'm ok with that, but not if he means with us :(

Jose said he wants to forget what happened with Manchester United in last 3 years, because despite of that they still giant club. He didn't said that he wants to forget last 3 years of his own life.

2 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Thing is our honeymoon period first time never ended really or became clear after 3 years..this time 1 and a half so can't see it being anything like was with us. Espically if the results and trophies come as well 

Football has changed massively since his first period in charge here, so much so Leicester are winning the title.

I think teams have actually not just sussed out his teams, but his tactics.

Have a feeling he won't fail so badly over there (and even him failing means winning titles along the way). He treated Chelsea as his own, he was worshipped here and therefore was above everybody else, he got overly arrogant and confident and spinned out of control as a result. At United I think he will be more careful with everything he does or says and he knows he will have to win everybody over from scratch, including the fans and the ones in the board against his appointment. He will have learned from his mistakes (hopefully not) and will try to cater to their wishes. Being in the same city with Guardiola will give him a kick up his butt for sure. I have a feeling this is what will happen, I hope not of course.

5 minutes ago, manpe said:

Have a feeling he won't fail so badly over there (and even him failing means winning titles along the way). He treated Chelsea as his own, he was worshipped here and therefore was above everybody else, he got overly arrogant and confident and spinned out of control as a result. At United I think he will be more careful with everything he does or says and he knows he will have to win everybody over from scratch, including the fans and the ones in the board against his appointment. He will have learned from his mistakes (hopefully not) and will try to cater to their wishes. Being in the same city with Guardiola will give him a kick up his butt for sure. I have a feeling this is what will happen, I hope not of course.

Spot on. He'll be on his best behavior and want to present himself as classy like Guardiola. He'll talk about how he now has a responsibility to show a "giant club" in a good light. 

That is until the first couple of times he loses to any of his rivals.