The Mourinho Thread

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Although I agree in general, i can't agree with the Lukaku example, he wanted number one and we were signing Costa, no manager in the world would bow down to that, imagine if he pulled that on Fergie? The Scot would have sorted out Romelus transfer there and then.

I think the problem with some on here is that anytime a player proves themself a decent squad player (Begovic, Remy the main two examples for this) is for whatever reason some people get overexcited and think they are good enough to start, then when it becomes cleaR they aint, the crash happens and they try and compensate by criticisingthem to high heaven.

A striker I wouldn't mind is Troy Deeney, for reasons I've explained in the thread ive created about him.

I understand about the views on Lukaku, but you also have to remember that he was previously ditched for the past two years in a row for strikers like Torres, Ba & Eto'o. He had a right to be annoyed in many regards, but no player has a right to demand to be number one (I was quite annoyed at this at the time myself).

I think if Mourinho bothered to try with the likes of Lukaku & KDB and stopped being so dogmatic about the inclusion of certain players, then they would all still be here - including Mourinho. At the end of the day, I think Lukaku would've accepted a role as 2nd striker considering his position at that time. What else could he do if we decided to keep him?

13 minutes ago, Pizy said:

José would just say that it wasn't him who wanted Lukaku sold and Lukaku would say he needed to leave and develop but is now ready to play at the highest level. Kiss and make up. 

Pogba may feel he has unfinished business at United and has admitted he's still a fan of the club I believe. Surely working under Mourinho at the biggest club there is would be enticing to him. Plus they'd probably offer him £300k per week.

As for Stones, I've said this before in his thread that I still think he'll become world class given the right manager and players around him. Playing under the best defensive manager there is and alongside theo of his England teammates who are also young could be perfect for him. Smalling/Stones/Shaw looks like an excellent back line.

You could be right about Pogba, especially since most players can be bought if enough money is thrown about.

Maybe you could be right about Stones too, but I think Zouma and Christensen are showing they are just as good as he is right now, at the very least.

7 minutes ago, The Mak said:

Yep, definitely deserved it. 

Mourinho only put the weight of the entire team and world on Hazard's shoulders with all of his Messi & Ronaldo comparisons, when he was never going to be that type of player. Not to mention his embarrassing antics with Eva, which Hazard was in the centre of.

And Fabregas, who has NEVER had one FULL season of form. He knew this when he signed him.

Hazard & Fabregas, who are professional football players, definitely wanted to lose on purpose just for him. Nothing to do with Mourinho acting like a completely insufferable child when things go against him.

Yes, Mourinho threw his toys out of the pram, as an outsider one could say that he was out of line against Eva.
As grumpy as you've never seen him before...
Most of the Chelsea players reacted childishly, stopped trying, not okay, at least in my eyes.
We, the supporters always showed up, former guys like Drogba had their problems but on the pitch they gave it a go.
But the new guys, no, different times.

Under Mourinho's guidance Hazard became the best player of the league, he was as important as Ronaldo for this football club
and won two titles. Mourinho wanted to push him further, Hazard didn't want it, wanted it easy, but before all of that he made
sure to collect the 200k paycheck.
With that kind of money there comes responsibility you must be a role model at this football club, but no fucks given.

There is a reason why Fabregas was available for that price, sure, but this season he suddenly unlearned how to play footie for Chelsea,
what else is there left to say.

Maybe your opinion differs, no problem..

It's just a bit predictable, Lamps was once called a traitor, perhaps Cech too, now it seems settled, but with Mourinho, not sure.
I think there are still some unpaid bills...:ph34r:

Lol at the United fans, mocked Mourinho all over the years, now the cafe has become a proper wankfest.
Especially the inner circle, really need to stuff them next season, but we desperately need cash. Make it happen, Rom.

22 minutes ago, Melanicus said:

Good. All drama is now in Manchester with focus on Pep and Mourinho. We're in the shadow for once and that's good - now we can focus on our football & winning the league with Conte.

This is true. We know Pep and Mou will be buying galacticos and big names. We won't be able to attract those types of players so hopefully Conte can sign a few in that level just below and coach them up like he did in Italy.

With only domestic football to focus on we should have every opportunity to help Conte adjust. Again, assuming we buy some quality.

2 hours ago, The Mak said:

You could be right about Pogba, especially since most players can be bought if enough money is thrown about.

Maybe you could be right about Stones too, but I think Zouma and Christensen are showing they are just as good as he is right now, at the very least.

Is Christensen playing wel ? And where?

With Man Utd's large financial power Jose will no doubt be allowed to spend big. He has had a lot of time to analyze their squad and would know exactly what he needs to challenge for the title. He will probably win the league in his second year and get to the Champions league final in the 3rd. But he will run out of ideas not long after that with the fans and hierarchy getting annoyed at his negative tactical approach. He will be sacked by the 4th season in charge only having won one league title and a league cup. He is than going to become the next Capello taking charge of his national Portuguese team and diming out into the abyss managing a MLS or Chinese side.

They can't see the forest for the trees. Or perhaps they are just focused on their brand image. Jose Mourinho is still the big dog when it comes to fame and marketability in the stratosphere of managers.

1 hour ago, Parky said:

With Man Utd's large financial power Jose will no doubt be allowed to spend big. He has had a lot of time to analyze their squad and would know exactly what he needs to challenge for the title. He will probably win the league in his second year and get to the Champions league final in the 3rd. But he will run out of ideas not long after that with the fans and hierarchy getting annoyed at his negative tactical approach. He will be sacked by the 4th season in charge only having won one league title and a league cup. He is than going to become the next Capello taking charge of his national Portuguese team and diming out into the abyss managing a MLS or Chinese side.

A Champions league final in his third season? Hmm, maybe they'll reach one if they get a lot of luck (like an exceptionally easy draw) but his recent CL knockout games (Dortmund, Atleti and especially PSG) make me doubt it otherwise.