Chelsea v Southampton

Jase

Here's something positive - Southampton haven't won any of their last 10 Premier League away matches - D4 L6. However, 3 of those draws have come in their last 3 away games while the other came in last season's corresponding fixture back in March.

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to batter them. Down the bookies, lump on.

Hopefully we get a arsenal kind of stamford bridge performance,press press press with no mistakes and a team performance. I like it what bet shall i do,fcuk i could do with a winner! I usually travel over for birthday game(not this season grrr),so it would be this 1,i usually do 3-1 with 1st goalscorer,Hazard i'm thinking(due a motm performance) should pay 75-1 pay for the beer. Time for Cfc to stand up and wake up!

Lets all accept the fact that this year our target is to qualify for champions league. There is no way we can win the league or a single trophy this year. I think this year 68 points will get you into top four. So we need 20 wins out of 31 games. Lets win the next two Southampton and Villa at home, leaving us to win 18 of 29 games, with our squad very doable. Now what is our best team:

I think based on our season so far this is our best team:

Begovich ( Tibaut when ready)

Azpi Zouma Terry Baba

RLC Matic

Willian Oscar Hazard

Falcao ( Costa when available)

I honestly believe Ivanovic and Cahill are disrupting our flow. If he plays Iva this weekend Jose should be fired.

Here's something positive - Southampton haven't won any of their last 10 Premier League away matches - D4 L6. However, 3 of those draws have come in their last 3 away games while the other came in last season's corresponding fixture back in March.

but we somehow have a habit of allowing teams on a bad slump, to batter us and kickstart their season, just look at Newcastle for example. we usually make them look like world beaters, Jesus. I´m keeping my mouth shut, i want us to win so badly and get out of this recent nightmare and really push on from there, but i´m just not confident anymore at the moment :( Sorry for the negativity, but i hope it all changes for the better very soon, we simply can´t become that sh*t in a short period of time, it´s pratically the same team from last season, that i can´t understand. Cheers

I was going to say drop Iva, Fabregas, Matic and Pedro, but these are the guys who have put us in this mess, so they should be the ones to get us out of it, starting against Southampton. Bringing in too many changes will not help the team at all. So I've narrowed down my changes to Ivanovich and Pedro. Ivanovich has no speed, confidence or crossing ability so he has to go. And Pedro? The guy just hasn't done it for me and the pace and strength of the Premiership has caught him off-guard. Bring in Baba and Ramires (even though he always has a sending off in him) with Willian, Oscar and Hazard and Remy up front. That's my option 1. Option 2 is probably off the wall but a four-four-two like this

Begovic

Dave Cahill Zouma Baba

Ramires Matic

Willian Hazard

Remy Falcao

If Shane Long doesn't start I think JT might get back in, and I'd start two strikers because we're creating f@ck all with just one up front.......And finally I'd put defenders on the posts for corners like it should be, because two goals from two corners in two games is unacceptable at this level.

You might think I'm totally nuts but it wouldn't be any worse than the drivel we have been seeing so far this season

I think it is slightly unfair to give Pedro that verdict after a few games in the Prem. Even if that Newcastle left back did make him look like a ranked amateur! He was soo bad in that game I actually felt bad for him lol

I just hit me: has anyone counter the number of card our players have been getting? Do we get a lot of yellows per game because of hard tackles?! Players who want really bad but cannot find the opponent tend to come late and get yellowed... eventually earn a red.

seems strange that the players are not as upset with the current form as they ought to be.

I just hit me: has anyone counter the number of card our players have been getting? Do we get a lot of yellows per game because of hard tackles?! Players who want really bad but cannot find the opponent tend to come late and get yellowed... eventually earn a red.

seems strange that the players are not as upset with the current form as they ought to be.

I don't think that's a very good way to measure how upset our players are.

You can be upset about the current form without having to vent your frustrations at the opponent. By tackling him hard and getting sent off.

It would be a pretty stupid thing to do as you'd just get cards and end up putting your team in more trouble.

What RLC offers is too similar to Mikel, IMO, at least under Mourinho (he plays with more freedom for the U21s, but the midfielders need to "do a job" in the 4-2-3-1 so he isn't afforded the same liberties) - playing both would really nullify any serious counter-attacking dynamism from midfield. One or t'other.

What RLC offers is too similar to Mikel, IMO, at least under Mourinho (he plays with more freedom for the U21s, but the midfielders need to "do a job" in the 4-2-3-1 so he isn't afforded the same liberties) - playing both would really nullify any serious counter-attacking dynamism from midfield. One or t'other.

Would love to see:

Bego

Ivan--JT--GC--Dave

RLC--Rambo

Willian--Oscar--Hazard

Costa

Just for one game...no holding midfielders, press the opposition and hit them on the counter attack

what does "not ready" even mean? he is not ready for what exactly? also, "no one said", really. go and see exactly what people wrote in the baba thread before the match or what choulo wrote in the match thread of porto,

what "creating". what has cesc created in these 10 matches this season for us? cesc is a CM as is rambo and mikel is a DM. since matic is our best option for those 2 slots, these 3 are fighting for 1. so obviously these 3 will be compared. how can they not be compared? no squad in the world will have a same replica of a player on the bench. these are players with different abilities fighting for the same spot. and considering the fact that we have conceded 2 or more goals in 7 out of 10 games that we have played this season, i would have to say defence has been our problem not creating.

If you don't know what not ready means in a football sense, then you're probably watching the wrong sport... Maybe he's not ready for the physicality of the Premier League, or maybe Mou doesn't think he is mentally ready as of yes. There is many things that could come into this. Not saying he's not but Mou would know a hell of a lot more than what you do about his current squad.

This isn't about singling out key areas, this is a team. When one area is struggling the whole team is struggling, as you have probably seen with team chemistry as of late. If you think defense is the main issue here then you're not watching the same team as majority of the people on this forum. This is all players and back room staff for that matter. We are a team and meant to be one, but we are far from that as of late.

Going to watch this live!! If I see Ivanovic in the starting lineup I will endeavour to sneak into the dressing room and cripple him.

Weird feeling, never gone to a game looking forward to a specifically player playing or not playing more than i'm thinking about the result ATM.