Chelsea v Southampton

Jase

I have much much more confidence in Baba than in Iva, imo we need to start playing with some real fullbacks as soon as possible.

Baba's two matches were against Tel-Aviv and Walsall, and while doing alright, he didn't stand out.

I'm saying play Ivanovic alongside JT as a way of saying, "Look, you've been given every opportunity to get your form back. If this last chance doesn't work, you're done."

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baba's two matches were against Tel-Aviv and Walsall, and while doing alright, he didn't stand out.

I'm saying play Ivanovic alongside JT as a way of saying, "Look, you've been given every opportunity to get your form back. If this last chance doesn't work, you're done."

But why would you give Iva another chance? He isn't our future, Baba is. I'd much rather give Baba a chance to prove himself. Atleast Baba looks like a real fullback and we can put Azpi back on the right where he belongs. Azpi/Iva was a bad idea from the start, Mou should've gotten a real LB the first season he came back.

But why would you give Iva another chance? He isn't our future, Baba is. I'd much rather give Baba a chance to prove himself. Atleast Baba looks like a real fullback and we can put Azpi back on the right where he belongs. Azpi/Iva was a bad idea from the start, Mou should've gotten a real LB the first season he came back.

He got Filipe Luis, but that didn't work out.

I understand and agree that Ivanovic isn't the future, but there's a defender in there somewhere. I know when Ivanovic is playing on Saturday and looks lost on defense and crosses it to the first defender in attack, I'll be yelling to pull him out and sit him, but I want to see what happens. I just can't accept that one of the rocks in our defense in the last couple of years will turn into the worst defender in the league in one summer.

He got Filipe Luis, but that didn't work out.

I understand and agree that Ivanovic isn't the future, but there's a defender in there somewhere. I know when Ivanovic is playing on Saturday and looks lost on defense and crosses it to the first defender in attack, I'll be yelling to pull him out and sit him, but I want to see what happens. I just can't accept that one of the rocks in our defense in the last couple of years will turn into the worst defender in the league in one summer.

Well he didn't really give Luis a fair chance last year imo. For me Iva has had plenty of chances to turn it around and he hasn't so it's time to give chances to someone else.

Well he didn't really give Luis a fair chance last year imo. For me Iva has had plenty of chances to turn it around and he hasn't so it's time to give chances to someone else.

No we didn't. I didn't mean that he was. I just meant that we did have a proper LB and it didn't change anything.

We're not even 25% of the way through the season. There's still plenty of time left to give Baba plenty of time. I don't want to give Ivanovic 2 or 3 more weeks. I want to give him one more with Ramires and JT helping him and if that doesn't work, he's out.

It should've changed a lot but Mou for some reason decides to keep playing without real fullbacks.

He wants to keep the same back line for consistency purposes. It's helped a lot in the past. It's just not helping now, because we're so out of form. I wanted him to play a lot more, but it was easy to ignore him when the defense was playing well.

Ivanovic at RB has worked in the past. Something is just not right. He hasn't just lost the pace like Terry has. He's become ineffective in nearly every aspect of his game. Something mentally isn't right and that's why I want to see what happens when he's given the best support he can. If that doesn't work, it's time for him to take a permanent spot on the bench.

He wants to keep the same back line for consistency purposes. It's helped a lot in the past. It's just not helping now, because we're so out of form. I wanted him to play a lot more, but it was easy to ignore him when the defense was playing well.

Ivanovic at RB has worked in the past. Something is just not right. He hasn't just lost the pace like Terry has. He's become ineffective in nearly every aspect of his game. Something mentally isn't right and that's why I want to see what happens when he's given the best support he can. If that doesn't work, it's time for him to take a permanent spot on the bench.

He made a mistake ignoring Luis last season, he could've easily taken over that LB position. Ofcourse it worked out because we won the league but we would've won it with Luis/Azpi as our fullbacks as well.

It's fine if you want to see him play next to Terry etc but I can't stand seeing him play anymore, for me he doesn't deserve another chance atm. He has been given plenty of chances to turn it around but he hasn't and I don't think changing Zouma for Terry will change anything. I really hope this is his last season for Chelsea, if I have to see another season of him with his shitty crossing and positioning I'll kill myself.

He made a mistake ignoring Luis last season, he could've easily taken over that LB position. Ofcourse it worked out because we won the league but we would've won it with Luis/Azpi as our fullbacks as well.

It's fine if you want to see him play next to Terry etc but I can't stand seeing him play anymore, for me he doesn't deserve another chance atm. He has been given plenty of chances to turn it around but he hasn't and I don't think changing Zouma for Terry will change anything. I really hope this is his last season for Chelsea, if I have to see another season of him with his shitty crossing and positioning I'll kill myself.

Completely agree about Luis. I was disappointed to only see him in cup matches.

Trust me, I don't want to put up with this Ivanovic next season, the rest of the season, or even against Villa. I think the real Ivanovic is somewhere between what he has been and what he is now, and I guess I'm just sentimental about wanting him to find that before he's shipped out of Stamford Bridge. I'm running out of patience though. I guess I just have a little more patience about it than others here.

Completely agree about Luis. I was disappointed to only see him in cup matches.

Trust me, I don't want to put up with this Ivanovic next season, the rest of the season, or even against Villa. I think the real Ivanovic is somewhere between what he has been and what he is now, and I guess I'm just sentimental about wanting him to find that before he's shipped out of Stamford Bridge. I'm running out of patience though. I guess I just have a little more patience about it than others here.

You have a lot more patience than most of us I guess if you want to give him another chance :D. I never liked him as a RB, I just accepted it because our results we're pretty good but right now I don't see any reason to keep him in the team.

Also, we got on about Ivanovic, but the key is Ramires. He's deserved a start, but if Jose wants to keep Pedro on the right, Ivanovic shouldn't start. He won't be able to handle the right on his own.

I actually don't really like Ramires as a player but considering the other options we have in our midfield he has to start. If Iva starts so must Willian, if Azpi starts I'd rather see Pedro play.

You have a lot more patience than most of us I guess if you want to give him another chance :D. I never liked him as a RB, I just accepted it because our results we're pretty good but right now I don't see any reason to keep him in the team.

I'd like to see Baba come in to a team that's performing well, but I suppose we're talking about Jose. If the team is performing well, Baba may not get a chance.