Chelsea v Southampton

Jase

Why because we just won the premier league is good start. Stability would be nice for a change instead of changing managers every couple of seasons.

very true, we only won 4 PL titles in the last 11 seasons, with the squad of players we have had in the last 11 seasons we should have won more, and the main reason why we didnt was because of the lack of stability.

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why because we just won the premier league is good start. Stability would be nice for a change instead of changing managers every couple of seasons.

stability is a good concept.

but i dont want stability to be the primary concern.

in a long term plan, things should have been falling into place now. but on the contrary, nothing seems to be "stable".

lastly, give me one decent reason for ivanovic's and cesc's continued inclusion in the team despite them underperforming for 10 games now. iva has single handedly cost us swansea, city, palace, everton and now porto. any manager with the club's best intention at heart would have dropped him some time ago.

very true, we only won 4 PL titles in the last 11 seasons, with the squad of players we have had in the last 11 seasons we should have won more, and the main reason why we didnt was because of the lack of stability.

What frustrates more is when we won back to back Premier League titles in 2005 and 2006 we didn´t push on from there and allowed United to dominate like they have, specially with Ronaldo being the main driving force behind United´s success in that period, we were poor between 2007-2009 when they were Champions and we should have done a lot better and dominated ourselves.

We lacked stability and consistency and i remember it was a time when United was rebuilding and we should have taken full advantage of that, we could be talking about Chelsea winning consecutive Premierships between 2005-2010, now that would have been something, but that´s life and then came City with their sh*t load of money and monopolized the market again and have won 2 titles themselves in the process, much like when Abramovich arrived here and we bought a lot of players and won back to back titles and countless others afterwards.

Now it´s City who has been our main challenger for the title, but United will be back again maybe, Arsenal "cough cough", they will challenge again someday, maybe, forget the rest. The thing is we should have been dominating with the teams we´ve had in the last 11 years and it´s been a let down, 4 PL won in the last 11 years it´s nothing to brag about unlike United who have won 5, icluding 3 in a row between 2007-2009 and many more before our first league title. These last 11 years it´s been us (4) and United (5) mostly, with City getting in the middle (2) in terms of the league.

I wish we could dominate more, but we are too inconsistent, it´s really a drag, for me the 2007-2008 season was the worst, because we could have won the PL, CC and CL, we came 2nd in all of them :( and that was a major let down, we lacked that killer instinct many times and that hurted us in the end, specially with United breathing down our necks. We´ll see what the future holds, but at the moment we have a big mess to solve, real shame what we are going trough right now, it´s like a endless nightmare :( I hope all get´s better soon.

We've lost our spine with: Ash, JT, Lamps and Drogs and we never recovered from it. We're paying for not getting in a core of players 5 Seasons ago, that would take over from em... don't like to say so but: I told you and I predicted it.... What ever great Players they've been, we should have brought in top talent when they were at theyre best to replace em slowly...

Every game is a friggin nightmare. who knows what chelsea is going to turn up for this one. Guaranteed Southampton will score. Hopefully we can put a few past them. its a circus and mourinho is the ringleader! :clown: :woo:

and we know who the biggest clown is ,, the one with the armband

Replacing Frank Lampard will be very complicated: quality, leadership, last pass, long distance shots, constant dynamism in midfield and ability to distribute the ball. For me Fabregas is failing with us and he will not be able to be a substitute for Lampard.

Maybe we could solve this problem in January trying to sign Ross Barkley as a replacement for Lampard because Fabregas is being a disappointment (except for his first 4 months last season). If I could I would pay a lot of money to sign Barkley. Maybe Barkley could take Frank Lampard's role.

Our season is being a nightmare, something crazy that is difficult to solve. I think it's time to make a big revolution and take advantage of our young players or those who are having fewer minutes. Or we react fast or the season will be very long.

About N.9 position I think it's a difficult situation. With Diego sanctioned, it would be normal go for Remy, but Falcao can not to have forgotten about how to play football.

But the most important thing on Saturday is to start a revolution to change this situation. And Ruben Loftus-Cheek has to be our starting point.

IMO our revolution must start with Ruben Loftus-Cheek as our main midfielder. RLC is not a child, he is a player who has shown to be prepared to lead our midfield. For me he is an improved version of Paul Pogba but RLC need minutes on the pitch to prove it. Our big problem is the movement of the ball in the attacking zone and our ability to get the ball from behind: Ruben Loftus-Cheek is the player to start our revolution and solve our problems. RLC can give a breath of fresh air for our midfield and reset our mind.

Another player who is always undervalued is Willian, which I can not understand. IMO he must be important now because William is the only player capable of assuming the leadership of play in N.10's role. He has the creativity of the Brazilian players and the tactical discipline of European football.

About our defense I think Ivanovic can't play again as Right-Back. His time has expired and we have to refresh our defense. IMO Azpi - Zouma - Cahill - Baba is our best solution. It's time to change .

Oscar has to take a step forward to begin to be important to us and go home. We need someone creative and he's a creative player. Oscar can not continue hiding on the pitch and has to prove that he is able to play with us.

Kenedy, at least, wants to conquer the world. IMO he should play on Saturday as right-winger rotating their position with Willian and Hazard.

Our players need to wake up. Jose approaches are not the best, but our players have to change their behavior or it will be impossible.

Begovic

Zouma Cahill

Azpi Baba

RLC Matic

Willian

Kenedy Hazard

Remy

But the most important thing on Saturday is to start a revolution to change this situation. And Ruben Loftus-Cheek must be our starting point.

chelseaheart.gif

Jose has clearly stated the case for Rufus , mostly that he is ready...but not just there(technically), well if you look at quite afew players this season,alot need raw energy never mind the basics again on how to win a game.