Chelsea v Southampton

Jase

I actually don't really like Ramires as a player but considering the other options we have in our midfield he has to start. If Iva starts so must Willian, if Azpi starts I'd rather see Pedro play.

I have always been one of the first to slight Ramires, but he's honestly been one of the only bright spots in recent weeks. He's not scared to take on defenders and take risks like the rest of the team.

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always been one of the first to slight Ramires, but he's honestly been one of the only bright spots in recent weeks. He's not scared to take on defenders and take risks like the rest of the team.

Idd, he's been one of our best players so far for sure.

Replacing Frank Lampard will be very complicated: quality, leadership, last pass, long distance shots, constant dynamism in midfield and ability to distribute the ball. For me Fabregas is failing with us and he will not be able to be a substitute for Lampard.

Maybe we could solve this problem in January trying to sign Ross Barkley as a replacement for Lampard because Fabregas is being a disappointment (except for his first 4 months last season). If I could I would pay a lot of money to sign Barkley. Maybe Barkley could take Frank Lampard's role.

Our season is being a nightmare, something crazy that is difficult to solve. I think it's time to make a big revolution and take advantage of our young players or those who are having fewer minutes. Or we react fast or the season will be very long.

About N.9 position I think it's a difficult situation. With Diego sanctioned, it would be normal go for Remy, but Falcao can not to have forgotten about how to play football.

But the most important thing on Saturday is to start a revolution to change this situation. And Ruben Loftus-Cheek has to be our starting point.

IMO our revolution must start with Ruben Loftus-Cheek as our main midfielder. RLC is not a child, he is a player who has shown to be prepared to lead our midfield. For me he is an improved version of Paul Pogba but RLC need minutes on the pitch to prove it. Our big problem is the movement of the ball in the attacking zone and our ability to get the ball from behind: Ruben Loftus-Cheek is the player to start our revolution and solve our problems. RLC can give a breath of fresh air for our midfield and reset our mind.

Another player who is always undervalued is Willian, which I can not understand. IMO he must be important now because William is the only player capable of assuming the leadership of play in N.10's role. He has the creativity of the Brazilian players and the tactical discipline of European football.

About our defense I think Ivanovic can't play again as Right-Back. His time has expired and we have to refresh our defense. IMO Azpi - Zouma - Cahill - Baba is our best solution. It's time to change .

Oscar has to take a step forward to begin to be important to us and go home. We need someone creative and he's a creative player. Oscar can not continue hiding on the pitch and has to prove that he is able to play with us.

Kenedy, at least, wants to conquer the world. IMO he should play on Saturday as right-winger rotating their position with Willian and Hazard.

Our players need to wake up. Jose approaches are not the best, but our players have to change their behavior or it will be impossible.

Begovic

Zouma Cahill

Azpi Baba

RLC Matic

Willian

Kenedy Hazard

Remy

But the most important thing on Saturday is to start a revolution to change this situation. And Ruben Loftus-Cheek must be our starting point.

chelseaheart.gif

I mostly agree but we still have no replacement for John Terry and that means that he will be playing still for the next couple of years before coaching comes imo.

Also Willian-Oscar-Hazard with Kenedy rotating in will probably be the main option imo.

If we drop Terry then imo we should make a massive statement and give RLC the armband. The order should be Terry-Courtois-RLC.

Also we should bring back Solanke, Falcao is wasted here and Solanke is such a prospect.

Must win match, after this game there will be Euro qualifiers.
I really hope Jose and the team can give us something positive to talk about during the two weeks.

Playing Baba would be the first step, I really want Ivanovic to be dropped - he's a big hero but watching him 1 on 1 with anyone is really painful. I miss Filipe Luis. Azpi - Zouma - Cahill - Filipe would be so good now. But currently Baba is the only option, so give him his chances to make mistakes and grow, like Zouma last season.

I was going to say drop Iva, Fabregas, Matic and Pedro, but these are the guys who have put us in this mess, so they should be the ones to get us out of it, starting against Southampton. Bringing in too many changes will not help the team at all. So I've narrowed down my changes to Ivanovich and Pedro. Ivanovich has no speed, confidence or crossing ability so he has to go. And Pedro? The guy just hasn't done it for me and the pace and strength of the Premiership has caught him off-guard. Bring in Baba and Ramires (even though he always has a sending off in him) with Willian, Oscar and Hazard and Remy up front. That's my option 1. Option 2 is probably off the wall but a four-four-two like this

Begovic

Dave Cahill Zouma Baba

Ramires Matic

Willian Hazard

Remy Falcao

If Shane Long doesn't start I think JT might get back in, and I'd start two strikers because we're creating f@ck all with just one up front.......And finally I'd put defenders on the posts for corners like it should be, because two goals from two corners in two games is unacceptable at this level.

You might think I'm totally nuts but it wouldn't be any worse than the drivel we have been seeing so far this season

Zouma has made mistakes alongside Ivanovic, and the team needs a leader in the back four. Put in the back four that had success last season for a match and see what happens.

A lot of Ivanovic's issues come from taking defenders on 1-on-1. Putting Ramires in the right wing will allow him to track back and provide the first line of support for the defense. Terry, while not fast, is experienced and will help Ivanovic out when needed. He won't stand between Ivanovic and Cahill like Zouma has.

Team need leader. Agree. But if one of our defenders is involve in many lost goals we need drop him, not make him captain. Lol. I would rather see azpi-zouma-JT-Baba than iva-cahill-JT-Azpi. Zouma is our future so we need play him as long as we can.I don't feel Djilobodji has anything to do in our club. I wish, Baba didnt end like Luis. :/

Another thing. If we again keep our right wing on defence position, we will again lost right side. I know that Pedro didn't play well last matches but if we again concrete our wing it will not help. Rami should play instead Matic/Fabs. Midfield is our next problem. They couldn't dominate any team in this season. Matić didnt clear as last year.

All team looks like they dont have motivation to play. It's dumb.

Do you really think sacking the manager is the answer. We have seen how well that has done us in the past. We have a good run and then turn to shit again. So how about everyone relax a little and let the manager do what hes got to do to get the team right again.

I never argued a point about Ivan or cesc for that matter. I'm pretty sure anybody with eyes can see they have been horrid of late. Ivan more so then Cesc.

since 2009, we had 4 managers, 1 PL, 2 FA, 1 CL, 1 EL. plus we played our best football in that period. if we can repeat that feat, i dont mind sacking jose. and with this squad, we very well might be able to.

the point is not about iva and cesc's performances or that they have been horrid. the point is why is jose starting them. if anyone with eyes can see it, why cant jose see it?

I mostly agree but we still have no replacement for John Terry and that means that he will be playing still for the next couple of years before coaching comes imo.

Also Willian-Oscar-Hazard with Kenedy rotating in will probably be the main option imo.

If we drop Terry then imo we should make a massive statement and give RLC the armband. The order should be Terry-Courtois-RLC.

Also we should bring back Solanke, Falcao is wasted here and Solanke is such a prospect.

Agree with you. IMO John Stones is the best replacement for John Terry (c) both for the present and for the future. A TOP English player with personality to take a leadership role in a big team. The best solution would be to go for Stones again in January exerting pressure from now.

Until January I think John Terry will continue playing some games because we need someone with experience and leadership on the pitch. But it seems that now Jose trusted more on Cahill than JT. With Zouma being the undisputed.

When John Terry leaves Chelsea for us will be very difficult to find a substitute with a similar leadership.

About the armband I think Courtois is the favorite, but Ruben Loftus-Cheek would be a better choice because he is a "field player", not a goalkeeper who can not go to exert pressure against the referees during the matches. I prefer a midfielder as captain for the future than a goalkeeper.

With Solanke I think the natural evolution for him would spend a year or two in Vittesse and come back with us. But Solanke is one of our most realistic promises.

Also Nathan Ake. He's playing a few minutes with Watford, just 26 minutes, but he seems fully adapted to the left-back position. The other day Ake said in an interview that he was in touch with Jose and that the idea of the club for him is to spending a year on loan and then come back with us.

To me Courtois - Zouma - Ruben Loftus-Cheek - Solanke can be a good backbone for us for the future. With Ake, Stones (he wants to join us) and Kenedy fighting for a place.

But Jose must change his mind to accomplish this.

since 2009, we had 4 managers, 1 PL, 2 FA, 1 CL, 1 EL. plus we played our best football in that period. if we can repeat that feat, i dont mind sacking jose. and with this squad, we very well might be able to.

the point is not about iva and cesc's performances or that they have been horrid. the point is why is jose starting them. if anyone with eyes can see it, why cant jose see it?

Maybe there is other reasons for this. Players who are coming in to replace might not be ready for Premier League football. Jose knows what he is doing and has a lot more experience than anybody on this forum does. How people don't trust the manager who just won us a Premier League is beyond me, it really is.

Maybe there is other reasons for this. Players who are coming in to replace might not be ready for Premier League football. Jose knows what he is doing and has a lot more experience than anybody on this forum does. How people don't trust the manager who just won us a Premier League is beyond me, it really is.

+100

Agree with you. IMO John Stones is the best replacement for John Terry (c) both for the present and for the future. A TOP English player with personality to take a leadership role in a big team. The best solution would be to go for Stones again in January exerting pressure from now.

Until January I think John Terry will continue playing some games because we need someone with experience and leadership on the pitch. But it seems that now Jose trusted more on Cahill than JT. With Zouma being the undisputed.

When John Terry leaves Chelsea for us will be very difficult to find a substitute with a similar leadership.

About the armband I think Courtois is the favorite, but Ruben Loftus-Cheek would be a better choice because he is a "field player", not a goalkeeper who can not go to exert pressure against the referees during the matches. I prefer a midfielder as captain for the future than a goalkeeper.

With Solanke I think the natural evolution for him would spend a year or two in Vittesse and come back with us. But Solanke is one of our most realistic promises.

Also Nathan Ake. He's playing a few minutes with Watford, just 26 minutes, but he seems fully adapted to the left-back position. The other day Ake said in an interview that he was in touch with Jose and that the idea of the club for him is to spending a year on loan and then come back with us.

To me Courtois - Zouma - Ruben Loftus-Cheek - Solanke can be a good backbone for us for the future. With Ake, Stones (he wants to join us) and Kenedy fighting for a place.

But Jose must change his mind to accomplish this.

Definitely - it sounds bad but I think a single language defense is best as it increases communication between the two centre backs.

Obviously, Varane would be ideal.

As for JT I think he will be around for quite a while. I fully trust him to recover and be recalled to the side.

people to replace cesc - mikel and rambo. u r telling me that they are not good enough?

we spent 2 months chasing baba, spent 21 million pounds on him, sold luis to get him. and now he is not good enough. whats worse is that he is not good enough to replace the worst player in PL currently (not an exaggeration with iva currently). i am sorry but i dont just find it hard to believe. but i think people are infact naive to think so.

people to replace cesc - mikel and rambo. u r telling me that they are not good enough?

we spent 2 months chasing baba, spent 21 million pounds on him, sold luis to get him. and now he is not good enough. whats worse is that he is not good enough to replace the worst player in PL currently (not an exaggeration with iva currently). i am sorry but i dont just find it hard to believe. but i think people are infact naive to think so.

You always seem to make up little stories in your head. No one said he is not good enough, just might not be ready. Read what I said...

Mikel and Rambo are better at defending, not creating. Though Rambo has a better shot. They are three completely different players and to compare them isn't really an option IMO.

Relax remember we have got DEACON :D

In costa you may, may may may, may... let me repeat may have a striker similar to drogs, albeit drogs was much more explosive and much more technical gifted. Matic is OK this season, maybe he is exhausted but he is no Makalele, too. For Lampard we have nobody to replace him. Had high hopes for john swift but after 3 tremendeous seasons with academy he has went somehow anonymous at least he has vanished from my radar. LFC isn't his replacement, more of a (probably) better Version of Matic. I can't see anybody close to replace Lamps, Boga or Traroe but still not as complete as Lampsy. Thought of Oscar 3 seasons ago but meh... but I have to admit I'm not watching much more then the blues for the last 3 Seasons...

https://vine.co/v/eUazxuzaWZJ/

No one will ever replace Lamps. He is one of a kind. No box to box midfielder will ever be that creative and dangerous in front of goal whilst at the same time offering an immense passing range and physical presence. It is more that his goalscoring and creating job has been outsourced to the wings. robben, cole and duff were great but not at the level hazard is. Because all-round cms like lampard, gerrard, ballack have become extinct, their responsibility has been split up into the 2 holding players and an AM. When on form, Matic, Oscar, FAbregas are ok to do that job but neither are real world class players at that. IMO before buying reinforcement we should always look at what we could improve with the players we got and their composition. Matic is without alternatives. Mikel and Ramires can both do a job in dm but are mere squad players. Playing Fabregas and Oscar/Willian in the middle has a couple of major disadvantages: 1) they lack physical presense which is why our midfield often gets overrun by quick or strong midfielders like experienced with Toure, Imbula, Shelvey or even Naismiths. 2) none provides that offensive spark on a consistent basis. lampard always found so many avenues to find a direct connection to the striker be it lobs, short passes through the gap, 50m passes, lay offs you name it. Fabregas, Oscar, Willian are all much more one-dimensional in their offensive contributions. 3) whilst all three run their lungs out defensively they do read the game well enough to really make an impact defensively. I remember Ballack/Lamps/Essien/Makelele averaged at least 3 interceptions per game each. which equals to 12+ attacks of the opponent just broken down before they even get into the danger zone.

what i could imagine working on the short to middle time horizon is

------Matic------

RLC-----Willian

Pace, physical presence, defensively extremely solid and very reliable on the ball. does not produce as many turnovers like oscar+fabregas would. In Willians current form also a goal once in a while. IMO defence should take priority atm and these 3 are some o four defensively most astute midfielders. also willian would have the game in front of him which is what he strives utlizing his bags of pace. Oscar and FAbregas could be extremely vital coming off the bench. against tired legs their lack of pace and physical presence does not become as evident.

alternatively this could change to

--------------------Matic-----RLC(Fabregs if chasing a game)---

Pedro/kenedy-----Hazard------Willian-----------------

IMO Hazard is a bit more dangerous in the middle than from the left. MOst of his best dribblings come through the middle. Hazard has that bit better close control and bit less pace compared to Willian that both would be more effective this way. Willian can beat a player on the left much easier as he is less predictable here. also with having azpi by his side he will be much more effective.

To sum up, a few tactical and personnel tweaks could do wonders to sort out our shaky defensive organization. Including RLC from the start will give us a more solid first half. Oscar and Fabregas should start on the bench and provide some quality subs later in the game. Also Willian, as demonstrated in the last few games can be utilized more effectively as the last few games have proved. They also proved that Jose is finally ready to experiment with the lineup so I hope we will see at least a fraction of these amendments in practise.