Everton v Chelsea

Jase

I also hate that Falcao has just taken Remy's spot with no contest,..but I doubt Remy would've scored the goal Falcao did against Palace. After Palace took the lead, and elected to pack their box with players, it was going to take something special to score from that point. That goal came almost out of nowhere, considering how poor our attack was that day.

Based on what? When Remy has actually scored plenty of crucial goals for us last season. You couldn't be more wrong. Even if that was true, that's no justification for freezing out Remy. Every player should have to earn their place in the team.

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Courtois

Azpi Cahill Terry C Baba

Matic

Oscar/RLC Willian

Kenedy Costa Remy

Cesc and Hazard do not deserve to start unless they improve drastically in training, imo. Jose will never play this though, of course.

You can't create a lineup without Branislav Ivanovic, he's undroppable regardless of how many times he gets caught out of position by the opposition

I'd play Courtois; Azpi, Cahill, Terry, Baba; Matic; Oscar, Willian; Pedro, Hazard; Costa as the starting 11 in this one.

This line-up probably won't end up improving our on-the-ball performance levels by all that much (if at all), but it SHOULD increase our team's 'nuisance factor' quite considerably by allowing us to control space on the pitch more easily.

One of the biggest issues with the team at the start of this season has been the ease with which the opposition has been able to play through our CM/DM and RB areas. We NEED to have more athletic and dynamic players occupying these areas of the pitch until such a time as the team's form has improved; if/when this improvement has been made, we can then begin to play with more confidence when in possession. Playing Oscar and Willian together in the centre of the pitch should make us considerably more dynamic and tactically flexible, particularly if we play Azpilicueta and Baba as the full-backs.

I hope Oscar is available. For me the start of the season has offered more evidence that he's the best ten we have. Willian, as he often does, has looked eye catching at times but, as usual, has achieved virtually nothing. Oscar has many flaws and we definitely need an upgrade but for now we are a better side when he plays than when he does not.

At the back, maybe Zouma should play to offset Lukaku's pace.

Based on what? When Remy has actually scored plenty of crucial goals for us last season. You couldn't be more wrong. Even if that was true, that's no justification for freezing out Remy. Every player should have to earn their place in the team.

I didn't say he can't score equalizers., or any crucial goal for that matter. I was saying I doubt he would've scored the type of goal Falcao did...which was the diving header in a crowded penalty area.

And neither did I say that Falcao deserved an automatic start over Remy. All I meant was that in the situation we were in after Palace went 1-0 up, Falcao would have been the logical choice because of his poaching ability

I didn't say he can't score equalizers., or any crucial goal for that matter. I was saying I doubt he would've scored the type of goal Falcao did...which was the diving header in a crowded penalty area.

And neither did I say that Falcao deserved an automatic start over Remy. All I meant was that in the situation we were in after Palace went 1-0 up, Falcao would have been the logical choice because of his poaching ability

Does Remy not have a poaching ability himself?

giving Baba his debut in an away game, i have my doubts....although 3000000% want him to start.

preferably

4-3-3

----Hazard-------Costa---------Pedro-----
---------Fabregas--------Oscar-----------
--------------------Matic--------------------
-Baba-----JT-----------Zouma-----Azpi-

likely to happen

4-2-3-1

-----------------Costa-------------------

----Hazard----Oscar-----Pedro-----

----------Matic--------Fabregas-----
-Azpi----JT--------Cahill-----Ivan---

If we lose this I'm avoiding TC for a while :)

Sadly this game has a boring 0-0 draw written all over it :(

LOL We're not keeping a clean sheet. We're just NOT. So best hope we manage to score a couple.

I expect this be a high-scoring match like last season. Not 6-3 of course because that was mental but something like 3-2 or something.

Courtois

Azpi Cahill Terry C Baba

Matic

Oscar/RLC Willian

Kenedy Costa Remy

Cesc and Hazard do not deserve to start unless they improve drastically in training, imo. Jose will never play this though, of course.

You can't expect to take the heart of our midfield and win this match. Even though they are playing poorly, they are vital for our team.

You can't expect to take the heart of our midfield and win this match. Even though they are playing poorly, they are vital for our team.

For me Zouma has to play CB or defensive midfield i don't care !