Everton v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that seems like a distant memory at this point

So is lifting the title and that was only 3 months ago! We have gone from being the champions of England to looking like a side destined for relegation.

I hope for the next match we begin to use the long distance shots as a new weapon. If our opponents are enclosed behind ... the shoot long distance can be a good solution which we practically did not use.

If we play the same team there is no way we'll win at Goodison. Should drop Costa and maybe even play with two strikers in Falcao and Remy, Costa is too one-dimensional and easy to mark for defenders. An attacking midfield of Pedro-Hazard-Kenedy would be perfect.

We have the players to get a good result, Jose shouldn't be so stubborn. I wouldn't be surprised if at this rate even Ivanovic himself thought "I'm so shit and he keeps picking me wtf lol". This team is in serious need of some refreshing.

We are too predictable.
No speed of movement.

Typically Willian takes the ball down the left. Hazard-Costa are closely marked and whoever else is happening to move along the axis. Sometimes the solution is a back pass to Courtois, more often than not it ends with Hazard or Costa losing the ball after a hopeless and furious battle against two or three well positioned opponents.
Have all the other teams become so fast or have we slowed down ?

We look vulnerable in the back too !. We conceded 9 in four matches, I can't say that one of those was a giveaway but 9 in 4 is too much.
Fabergas-Ivanovitch don't belong to the division the way they play now. Matic is a worker and no more than that.
The unhappy thing is all this came about all of a sudden -after we became champions- and I don't see any remedy coming soon. It's just impossible to revitalize an organism when irreversible processes have taken place.
Renewal is the only answer.
In my opinion the situation was not approached as carefully as it should from Munich afterwards. The team's average age is too high.

Never though I'd say this but:

Mayweather's last fight will be more interesting than an away game to Everton....

If Ramires recovers from his injury in time, think Mourinho will start him in this game.

Thank you, that will definitely make me look forward to the game more. :P Just kiddin'

Last season first 4th games:

burnley 1-3 CHELSEA - COSTA, schurrle (as. FABREGAS), ivanović (as. FABREGASA)
CHELSEA 2-0 leicester - COSTA, hazard (as. FABREGASA)
everton 3-6 CHELSEA - COSTA (as. FABREGASA), ivanović, samobój colemana, matić, COSTA
CHELSEA 4-2 swansea - COSTA (as. FABREGASA), COSTA (as. FABREGASA), COSTA, remy

FFS FABS&COSTA we need you both for glory!

If it was me, i'd play this team (assuming all injury niggles have recovered and we sign Pogba/Witsel/whoever as our new CM):

---------------------Courtois-------------------------

--Azpilicueta-----Terry------Zouma-----Baba--

-----------------------Matic--------------------------

-------------Oscar------------New CM-------------

-Pedro-------------------------------------Hazard-

------------------------Costa-------------------------

Subs: Begovic, Cahill, RLC, Kenedy, Willian, Remy, Falcao.

Really make a statement. Drop Ivanovic and Fabregas from the squad entirely and tell them unless a drastic improvement is seen it will stay like that.

I imagine though it will be something like:

-------------------------Courtois----------------------------

--Azpilicueta-------Ivanovic-------Terry-------Baba--

------------------Matic----------Fabregas----------------

-Pedro------------------Willian------------------Hazard-

---------------------------Costa-----------------------------

Subs: Begovic, Zouma, Cahill, Mikel, Ramires, Oscar, Falcao.

I hope i'm wrong.

Yay international break!!!Usually it comes when we've got a run going and seeing as this is a crap run not complaining

Need to start this season at some point..probably won't be here with way we are though.huge especially with arsenal after.clean sheet be amazing/a surprise