Everton v Chelsea

Jase

I hope we start pressing properly as a team to maintain this high line we've been playing. None of this disjointed pressing of only 2 players pressing, the whole team should go together and Everton won't have space to create chances easily.

And get ivanovic out of the starting line-up so that Everton don't have an easy way out to create chances when things get difficult.

Once we do this, we'll have a chance.

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ultimately it is up to Jose to get the best out of his players, but honestly, many have come out the new season like complete rubbish. 4 or 5 for sure. They need to show their professionalism and "get self motivated" and tune back in and have a tremendous team effort starting Saturday.

I still think Jose needs to bench Ivanovic and find a way to sit Cesc for a game or two. Hopefully the others will snap out of it on their own.

I know many on this board are down on Jose. I am not. He has some shortcomings, one being carry on throughout the season with a limited rotation of 12-13 players while not developing youth, but I would take him any day of the week in the BIG matches and small ones too.

Other than the three point result Saturday, I want to see the return of intensity and chemistry to this squad. Play like they are on a mission. Perhaps the International break came at a good time. Not sure, but we will know more by Saturday afternoon for sure.

Up with the Chels!! :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

Chelsea FC ‏@ChelseaFC 17m17 minutes ago
Jose: 'Every game is important. We are in the title race but we need points. We go with the intention to win the match.' #CFC

Chelsea FC ‏@ChelseaFC 14m14 minutes ago
Jose: 'We are strong, together. I believe in the players, they believe in me. We are positive.' #CFC

Being the negative nancy I've been lately, I have a baaaad feeling about this.

Biggest worry is if Cesc doesn't dramatically improve. Think Hazard has that switch he can and will flick on and he'll be back to his best straight away. If Fabregas's struggles continue Everton will run straight through our midfield and we'll lose.

Oscar is out of this game.

Do we know what this injury is? Ive not seen nowt about it.

Chelsea FC ‏@ChelseaFC 14m14 minutes ago

Jose: 'We are strong, together. I believe in the players, they believe in me. We are positive.' #CFC

Oh shit. I really dont like the sound of that! Fuckin Bane again. Lets at least hope Cahills injured so Happys in.

After knowing that Courtois will be injured for the next four months with a knee injury... it's like when you're playing with your friends on the PlayStation in Pro Evolution Soccer and you are losing against a friend with whom you hate losing in PES... and you dedices stand up, turn off the console and restart the game again.

What a nightmare season....