Everton v Chelsea

Jase

Wow, Mourinho REALLY likes Kennedy. Good signs. Hope he's given the chance to express himself and not just turn him into another Willian.

Well, to start off, Kenedy is a completely different player to Willian. We all complain about how much covering Willian has to do for Iva, but in reality he's awful in the final third. Kenedy is way more direct. He should improve his decision making (much like Willian needs to), but he's more decisive than Willian despite being only 19.

Mourinho did drop Cahill for Zouma and is integrating Kenedy to the team, so I think in general he must believe the youngsters we have in the ranks aren't good enough for us. Although in our current situation, we should bring as many Academy players as possible. If they have the right mindset, they'll draw their blood in the pitch to keep their spots, something our seniors players aren't bothering at all.

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, to start off, Kenedy is a completely different player to Willian. We all complain about how much covering Willian has to do for Iva, but in reality he's awful in the final third. Kenedy is way more direct. He should improve his decision making (much like Willian needs to), but he's more decisive than Willian despite being only 19.

Mourinho did drop Cahill for Zouma and is integrating Kenedy to the team, so I think in general he must believe the youngsters we have in the ranks aren't good enough for us. Although in our current situation, we should bring as many Academy players as possible. If they have the right mindset, they'll draw their blood in the pitch to keep their spots, something our seniors players aren't bothering at all.

Well that's what I mean...kind of. I'm hoping that the natural attacking instinct he has is not curbed by Mourinho willingness to cover Ivanovic. The last thing I want is for him to look at Willian as a role model purely because he forced himself into the team due to his work-rate alone. I want him to be a lot more than Willian.