Chelsea v Spurs

Jase

Actually, I have a really good feeling about this game. No matter who plays, I think we should attack from the start like we're already losing and keep it that way for whole 90 mins. Who scores more goals, wins! 5-2. 6-3 for us IMO :D

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spurs losing 2-0 to West Ham. 20 minutes to go.

You just had to jinx it, didn't you?! <_<

Kane dived to win the penalty but there wouldn't be anything written about it in the papers. Had that been Costa...

Wasn't it Soldado? And there was definitely contact from behind from Song.

I was looking forward to this game whole month till yesterday :( ... any way, we lost last time because Cahill and Ivanovic fucked up and not because they're better in any way, I'm quite optimistic

Courtois

Bane Zuma JT Azpi

Mikel/Ake Cesc

Willian Oscar Hazard

Costa

True but Pochettino rotated the starting XI against Fiorentina in the first leg, didn't he? He could do the same again by prioritizing this cup final over the Europa League.

I doubt the Europa league will take a back seat, I think he underestimated Fiorentina. He will play a strong lineup because there are no guarantees on top 4 this year, winning the Europa league is a direct path to the Champions League.

I could be wrong but I have a feeling only a few players will be rested against Fiorentina. They went with this lineup against them last week

Lloris

Walker Fazio Vertonghen Davies

Paulinho Bentaleb

Townsend Eriksen Chadli

Loldado

Kane will likely be rested, Lamela isn't really a threat, Danny Rose probably plays for Davies... Who knows but either way they will have some tired players.

In my opinion I would go with square pegs in square holes. Play Ake with Ramires and Fab(he needs to turn up now he's looking invisible out there lately)

Courtois

Ivanovic Zouma Terry Luis(thought he was very good yesterday)

Ramires Ake Fabregas

Willian Hazard

Costa

Not sure if I care about this one. All we need at this moment is another victory in PL. If we manage to lose this one, the season will not look good for us.

how do you "not care" about a cup final against one of our fiercest rivals? wtf

We must be wary of late in the game, Spurs have got too many late goals this season for it to be a coincidence.

Also as many know im one that preaces caution regards to youth players but if Mikel doesn't make it in time Ake has to start, the Ramires and Cesc pivot will have us shipping 5 again, I shuddered typing that.

4-3-3, Rambo, Ake and Cesc Haz, Willy and Costa front 3, Zouma has to start this too, Cahill has struggled against Harry Kane this season whereas Zouma tanned his backside in the second half at The Bridge.

Great article/analysis:

I've read this analysis after the 5-3 Spurs game, I think it's a good analysis:

https://tompaynefootball.wordpress.com/2015/01/04/tottenham-5-3-chelsea-spurs-maximise-chelseas-midfield-weakness-with-strong-possession-game/

It shows how Spurs completely dominated, outplayed us in that game and exposed our weaknesses, a long article but worth reading.

Interesting note from the article:

The only 2 managers to have scored 5 against Mourinho teams are Pochettino and Guardiola (5-0 Manita) both disciples of Marcelo Bielsa

On the match:

I wasn't that concerned about it since I thought we'd have Ramires partnering Matic, with Zouma coming in for Cahill.

But now Matic is out, with Mikel still injured I'm a little bit concerned about our midfield since it was our weakness in the last match against them.

Since it's Mourinho, I don't expect Ake/RLC coming in, he'd rather play Azpi/Luis to replace Matic in the pivot (which I support):

Courtois

Iva Zouma JT Luis/Azpi

Ramires Luis/Azpi

Willian Cesc Hazard

Costa

Bench: Cech, Cahill, Ake, Oscar, Cuadrado, Remy, Drogba

Ramires-Cesc pivot is an absolute no-go in this match.