Chelsea v Spurs

Jase

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ake should be given the nod, has looked comfortable when he has played I feel and especially against a midfield of maybe Bentaleb or Mason who I'm sure he's got experience playing against in U21s etc?

Its a risk but why not? Lets not forget Bertrand back in 2012.. Didnt end up too badly did it

If Mikel is unavailable, i think Mou will throw a cb in midfield three next to Ramires and Cesc. Maybe even Azpi or Luis but cb is more possible.

Like Ramires-Zouma-Cesc

He did that with Pepe and Luiz before.

If we play Ramires-Cesc, we will get overrun, while Ake Im not sure he should be thrown in finale and I doubt Mou will do it either.

Gk

Iva-cahill-terry-azpi

Ramires-Zouma

Willian-Cesc-Hazard

Costa

If this happens we're royally screwed. Zouma and Ramires are probably the two worst players you can play in that holding role when trying to play out of th back

Our first cup final in quite some time! I am excited!

I'm also curious to see who of our core players has the make up of a champion? Does Hazard possess that certain Je ne sais quoi to be the prettiest peacock at the ball? Does Fabregas rise to the occasion and take the game over? What of Willian or Oscar can they step up in the cup finals? These are the questions I want answered, who is our new Didier? the person who saves his best games for the biggest!

Its gonna be intriguing to see if we have that sort of mettle in the squad.

I'm assuming the line up will be:

---------------Courtois-----------------

--Ivanovic---Terry---Cahill---Azpi--

-------Ramires-----Fabregas--------

-Willian--------Oscar--------Hazard-

-----------------Costa------------------

Subs: Cech, Luis, Zouma, Ake, Cuadrado, Drogba, Remy

But personally I would pick:

---------------Courtois-----------------

--Ivanovic--Terry---Zouma--Luis--

---------Azpi-------Fabregas---------

-Cuadrado-----Willian-----Hazard-

-----------------Costa------------------

Subs: Cech, Ake, Cahill, Ramires, Oscar, Drogba, Remy.

I think the first one is spot on. Or with Willian central and Cuadrado on the left.

This is what I would LIKE to see,

---------Diego Costa---------

Hazard----Willian---Cuadrado

-------Ramires--Cesc----------

Luis---------------------Azpiliecueta

---------Terry---Zouma------------

-------------Courtois--------------

We start with Ivanovic imo, its game over. Spur's pressing on him will leak goals as he is shit when in possession and will leave Zouma to yet again take care of the right flank alone.

Let's be honest here, it could've been any referee in England and you could have found an occasion when they made a huge mistake against us this season...

Yeah but this whole 'campaign' thing started with that game.

If this happens we're royally screwed. Zouma and Ramires are probably the two worst players you can play in that holding role when trying to play out of th back

True that, but at least they have pace, drive and power to stop their midfield. Cesc can drop deep and Willian/Hazard push more into middle with Iva, Luis/Azpi creating some width.

Having Cesc in midfield next to Ramires is what I call suicidal. There must be a holding DM (or CB in this case) in there or we are screwed.

True that, but at least they have pace, drive and power to stop their midfield. Cesc can drop deep and Willian/Hazard push more into middle with Iva, Luis/Azpi creating some width.

Having Cesc in midfield next to Ramires is what I call suicidal. There must be a holding DM (or CB in this case) in there or we are screwed.

Trust me I do NOT like the idea of cesc and Ramires acting as our screens for the back 4. What I also don't like is playing young/uncomfortable players out of position in cup finals.

I don't think there is a natural solution in the squad we have right now, I'm looking at the lesser of the evils and for me that is a three man midfield with either Azpi or Ake playing with cesc and Ramires.

True, Zouma has pace, but a very large turning circle, which is quite normal for a big CB. He's be truly terrible as a holding midfielder and look VERY immobile despite his pace.

If i had to choose between Azpi and Luis to go into midfield it would be Luis all day long (although i prefer him at LB over Azpi as well). He has the same ability as Matic to pinch the ball of opponents, he has good height and is technical superior to Azpi.

If i had to choose between Azpi and Luis to go into midfield it would be Luis all day long (although i prefer him at LB over Azpi as well). He has the same ability as Matic to pinch the ball of opponents, he has good height and is technical superior to Azpi.

We have a winner!!!