Juan Cuadrado

Liuxas

I haven't seen as much from him as I would like so I might not be completely accurate, but from memory and reports online he doesn't look like a big upgrade on Willian. Very overpriced for a player of his caliber. I understand that Fiorentina paid huge money for him (about 20m) and he made himself a reputation both in national team and the italian league but in times of FFP we have to be spending money wisely. More likely than not, he will be our only signing in the AM department if it happens.

I like about him that he's very versatile, that will come in handy for tactical changes and unfortunate circumstances. He's very explosive compared to the brazilian and has a better shoot in him. but he's very sloppy in terms of tactical awareness and his decision making can be very shocking (deja vu?). Willian in terms of defensive contribution is miles ahead of him and he can secure his flank almost as much as a Ramires would.

Also I'm not believing in this Schurrle exit rumors tbh. Jose and even the player admitted he was extremelly sick and refused to comment further. He was dropped at half time more often than one would expect Jose to do. He generally likes to give his players more time in the second half before he subs them out, not to mention his sudden dip in form is quite unordinary. I still think he will play a huge role for us when he will be fully back fit.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CHELSEA IN CUADRADO TALKS

Sky sources can reveal that Chelsea are in talks withFiorentina winger Juan Cuadrado.

The Colombian international was heavily linked withManchester United in the summer, but Blues' boss Jose Mourinho is thought to be interested with Mohamed Salahset to leave the club.

He's quick, direct, can cross, dribble and scores goals inside and outside the box. He's very diffrent to Willian and can bring some fresh air at the RW position.

I was dreaming about Reus but after all I think that Cuadrado could be a good buy also.

I think that if finally Salah (Roma) and Schurrle (Wolfsburg) leave our team now on the market in January, we are going to sign two new players: one winger (maybe Cuadrado) and a midfielder.

* But this is just a feeling.

Edited by supporter

Another RW that's not a goalscorer, yay...

We're such a goal shy side as it is, happy we're getting a 'natural' winger, but still..

This is my main problem too.

He's easily more exciting and positive than Willian, but we'll still have the problem of only relying on Costa for goals.

Shit, it was real then, lol

No way we're gonna offload Salah and Schurrle at the same time. Maybe Salah to go on loan. I bet Schurrle is staying. I will be shocked if vice versa.

Cuardado, err, Cuadrado, that one hell of a name, can we just call him Juan?

Another RW that's not a goalscorer, yay...

We're such a goal shy side as it is, happy we're getting a 'natural' winger, but still..

6 goals in 20 this season and 15 in 39 last not exactly bad for a winger.

His past seasons tell a different story albeit.