Juan Cuadrado

Liuxas

I'm actually interested to see how things are going to end up.

Unlike many others, I do trust in the Chelsea board. With the transfers of Fabregas and Costa they earned that much.

Most llikely we will end up with a situation like the following:

• Schurrle being sold (24M €)
  • Cuadrado in (30-35M €)

If Chelsea management thinks he might be worth spending 30-35M €, then sure for a bare 10M € transfer budget (not counting salary and signing bonusses) extra outgoing it might turn out to be a great upgrade from Schurrle (with no disprespect meant to him)

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well he played as winger in his career too. He is quite brilliant technicaly for striker and pacy. Think it could work with some tactical learning from Mou.

We had Anelka on wing in the past and it worked.

I think people need to stop looking at other situations as a means for why it could work now. Look at the style we are trying to play, this is Jose's team, not Ancellotti's. We are playing a very different system from the ones we've played before and you need certain player who fit THAT style, its not a matter of "Turan is good we should get him"

Even if Cuadrado turns out to be similar/slightly better then Willian, that would still be a significant upgrade on Schrulle/Salah. And he's strongest position is on the right.

Can't see who we can get that's better, Reus is unrealistic

I'm actually interested to see how things are going to end up.

Unlike many others, I do trust in the Chelsea board. With the transfers of Fabregas and Costa they earned that much.

Most llikely we will end up with a situation like the following:

• Schurrle being sold (24M €)
  • Cuadrado in (30-35M €)

If Chelsea management thinks he might be worth spending 30-35M €, then sure for a bare 10M € transfer budget (not counting salary and signing bonusses) extra outgoing it might turn out to be a great upgrade from Schurrle (with no disprespect meant to him)

We need more than just an upgrade on Schurrle/Salah if we have genuine amibitions to fight in all 4 competitions and reach the CL final. We need a significant upgrade on Willian and that's not what we're getting here. I remember wanting the Guarin deal to collapse so much because he is very average. Thankfully that did and we got a much better player in instead. I'm hoping for the same here!

We need more than just an upgrade on Schurrle/Salah if we have genuine amibitions to fight in all 4 competitions and reach the CL final. We need a significant upgrade on Willian and that's not what we're getting here.

Who would you suggest?

We need more than just an upgrade on Schurrle/Salah if we have genuine amibitions to fight in all 4 competitions and reach the CL final. We need a significant upgrade on Willian and that's not what we're getting here. I remember wanting the Guarin deal to collapse so much because he is very average. Thankfully that did and we got a much better player in instead. I'm hoping for the same here!

Well I assume you might have very extensive knowledge about Cuadrado then being able to claim that he is just a mere upgrade and is not what we should be looking for.

Perhaps you should apply for a job at the Chelsea scouting system, as they must have failed us then

Who would you suggest?

Turan. But if we can't get a significant upgrade on Willian then it's best not to get anyone at all (especially not for £27m) because we'll just end up having to upgrade on them too.

Well I assume you might have very extensive knowledge about Cuadrado then being able to claim that he is just a mere upgrade and is not what we should be looking for. Perhaps you should apply for a job at the Chelsea scouting system, as they must have failed us then
Where do I apply? With our RW they have clearly failed us these past few years.

Turan. But if we can't get a significant upgrade on Willian then it's best not to get anyone at all (especially not for £27m) because we'll just end up having to upgrade on them too.

Where do I apply? With our RW they have clearly failed us these past few years.

Can't see Atletico selling Turan, although he's the better player, Cuadrado seems to more fit the profile of winger Mourinho would want - more pacey/direct

Arda Turan is an attacking midfielder converted into a left winger by Simeone. And his goal scoring record isn't that great to be fair; nor his assist ratio.

I think people need to stop looking at other situations as a means for why it could work now. Look at the style we are trying to play, this is Jose's team, not Ancellotti's. We are playing a very different system from the ones we've played before and you need certain player who fit THAT style, its not a matter of "Turan is good we should get him"

Yeah but I didnt meant that. I would buy Turan because he suits us, not just because he is good player. He is exactly what we lack there.

He is calm as fuck when he has the ball and great at holding it, he would be perfect for counters. He is hardworker, great character too, suits Mou profile.