Juan Cuadrado

Liuxas

Like I said my list are the players who can be considered top 50 wingers/wide mid in Europe atm and can be gotten in the summer with those prices or at least around those. Also Turan release clause is £32m. He works hard and is skillful but he is slow, that is why he is benched for quite a few big games for Atletico recently and only came on when the spaces opened up more toward the end of the match. Also it is not like he is setting the world on fire, his numbers are so similar to Cuadrado and could be arguably worse if compared directly.

Arda is probably Atletico's best attacking player and plays in virtually all their games, including the big ones. He was being rested against Real. He can defend diligently, is very intelligent and is technically superb. I'm not sure he'd want to leave but money can turn anyone's head.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28M is about 10M too much, guy is like Willian.

I've seen people say Turan's name, I'd take him, the guy is a warrior and has an end product. Was a bit gutted we didn't get him in 2012 from Galatasaray, obviously he had a bit of room for improvement but look at him now surely a world class player.

Been saying that about Turan. He may not be best scorer, but he is brilliant on the ball. Strong, good balance, hardworker.

About Cuadrado...he seems to have very little balance and strenght. I dunno how will he push through defences in PL. I think he will be dissposesed awfuly lot. But hopefuly it turns good for us if we get him.

Been saying that about Turan. He may not be best scorer, but he is brilliant on the ball. Strong, good balance, hardworker.

About Cuadrado...he seems to have very little balance and strenght. I dunno how will he push through defences in PL. I think he will be dissposesed awfuly lot. But hopefuly it turns good for us if we get him.

Yep Hazard with all that muscle...David Silva as well :)

He is a striker not a winger. Only best wingers, or midfielders who can play there at least in names anyway I can think of are:

Koke 50m

Turan 30-40m

Grizemann 30-40m

Isco could be, would also cost at least 30-40m min and doubt Madrid will sell

Bale- 120m + and probably not for sale, can't afford

Reus-20m but huge wages and most likely would come to Madrid anyway leaving Bale to sign for MU for cash + De Gea

Hulk-30-40m min and overrated

Ribery-old, injury prone and probably not for sale too

Candreva- not as good as Cuadrado and probably not good enough for Chelsea

Vela, Draxler, Lucas...etc are not good enough

Look to me the wingers and mids playing on the side are pretty limited, at least in top quality anyway. The closest to top class for a OK price and could be gotten are 3 Atletico mids but even then that would only happen if they want to leave/Simeone leaves.

I would take Cuadradro tbh, no better option for a reasonable price as it stands. Reus is the only obvious choice but he seems difficult to get.

Well he played as winger in his career too. He is quite brilliant technicaly for striker and pacy. Think it could work with some tactical learning from Mou.

We had Anelka on wing in the past and it worked.

It's not the fans' job lol. I doubt the board and Mourinho were too busy celebrating. They must have thought RW wasn't a position where we needed to upgrade.

They did a great job getting 2 world class players for 60m, would be criminal if they didn't celebrate.

Anyway, everything looked fine for the most part, except CB. And I'm sure Mou expected Schurrle and Salah to help out, but that just hasn't happened.

Hazard and Silva are technically brilliant footballers and also very intelligent. In contrast Cuadrado seems to be technically decent and I'm not sure if he has a football brain - judging by how he tries to dribble past everyone and how often he loses the ball needlessly then probably not.

Well he played as winger in his career too. He is quite brilliant technicaly for striker and pacy. Think it could work with some tactical learning from Mou.

We had Anelka on wing in the past and it worked.

Not really... Some good spells here and there but Anelka was very frustrating out wide. In fact, I remember him driving people absolutely crazy on here haha. You could fuse Anelka, Malouda and Kalou (Anelkalouda) and you'd still end up with a player that wasn't good enough.

Hazard and Silva are technically brilliant footballers and also very intelligent. In contrast Cuadrado seems to be technically decent and I'm not sure if he has a football brain. He loses the ball a lot and will never be much better than Willian.

Fair enough, look like you are not a fan of his. Personally I think he looks good and his showing at WC was excellent as well, that is what I am basing my opinions on tbh as I don't watch a lot of Fiorentina games. I do remember a couple of years ago where Fio beat Juve and he scored/set up a few goals himself. Also no need to generalize it mate, he doesn't have a football brain? Just because he likes to dribble past 5 players in one go doesn't mean he is a headless chicken. He is also not a Navas/Valencia who thinks it is time to cross every time they got to the byline, he wants to beat players and goes inside. A lot of similarity to Hazard.

Same with your statement about losing the ball a lot, based on what? That Parma video?

Hazard and Sanchez have incredible balance and trust me they are quite strong for such small players. But mostly their lower body is very balanced. The point isnt realy in strength but to retain the ball without getting knocked off. If you have great balance, you can do that.

Thats why Hazard can keep the ball against bigger players and runs away with it. Cuadrado is far less balanced than Hazard or Sanchez. Silva is in PL for several years now and has adopted well, but his main role isnt dribbling but creating chances which is bit different.

We have big trouble in holding the ball in attack when under pressure and Cuadrado isnt that kind to keep the ball against PL defenders. He can tricks them with skill and speed but I dont think he can hold up the ball. But we shall see, I havent seen him play in PL anyway :)

Turan is another with great balance and maybe he would be better choice but that is discussion for another day.

Hazard and Silva are technically brilliant footballers and also very intelligent. In contrast Cuadrado seems to be technically decent and I'm not sure if he has a football brain - judging by how he tries to dribble past everyone and how often he loses the ball needlessly then probably not.

Well Willian isn't the smartest one either.

Not really... Some good spells here and there but Anelka was very frustrating out wide. In fact, I remember him driving people absolutely crazy on here haha. You could fuse Anelka, Malouda and Kalou (Anelkalouda) and you'd still end up with a player that wasn't good enough.

I remember lot of being against Kalou and Malouda. But Anelka was good IMO. Maybe not in last year but before he was.

Fair enough, look like you are not a fan of his. Personally I think he looks good and his showing at WC was excellent as well, that is what I am basing my opinions on tbh as I don't watch a lot of Fiorentina games. I do remember a couple of years ago where Fio beat Juve and he scored/set up a few goals himself. Also no need to generalize it mate, he doesn't have a football brain? Just because he likes to dribble past 5 players in one go doesn't mean he is a headless chicken. He is also not a Navas/Valencia who thinks it is time to cross every time they got to the byline, he wants to beat players and goes inside. A lot of similarity to Hazard.

Same with your statement about losing the ball a lot, based on what? That Parma video?

Everyone is judging him on limited knowledge and footage I agree so maybe I am being harsh but he just looks so average in all the videos and compilations. They're supposed to make players look brilliant and if he doesn't look good in them then I wonder how bad his performances are without all the bad bits edited out. In answer to your last question WhoScored say one of his weaknesses is holding onto the ball.

Willian best winger in the world...

His first goal... A tap in from the penalty spot but hits it straight at Cech. Very lucky that went in.

I remember lot of being against Kalou and Malouda. But Anelka was good IMO. Maybe not in last year but before he was.

Anelka was good in 08/09, when he played up top. First six months after he joined he struggled, also took that awful penalty in Moscow... 09/10 was a season of highs and lows, but at least he chipped in with goals. Malouda-Drogba-Anelka were destroying teams in the last part of the season though, even Kalou haha. That was great to watch. It all went down-hill after that. Those were some 'dark times' man.

I like Lacazette. I'm not so sure on him still working on the wing. His ceiling didn't seem very high out wide, he looks much better in the middle. Think the club would do well to at least go for a real wide man. But if you can't get an upgrade on Willian, don't just buy for the sake of buying. Why not strengthen in other positions? Or just wait until the summer comes. We've seen too many flops.

Even if Cuadrado turns out to be similar/slightly better then Willian, that would still be a significant upgrade on Schrulle/Salah. And he's strongest position is on the right.

Can't see who we can get that's better, Reus is unrealistic