Juan Cuadrado

Liuxas

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As most people I don't have the time to follow every random player we are linked up and watch all his matches. IMO one can also make an opinion by watching match highlights. Idk if posted before but I found that pretty informative

He plays in one of the top five leagues in the world, and Fiorentina have been in Europe for the last couple of seasons. In addition, he played an important part in Colombia's WC campaign.

He isn't a "random player".

killer1257, on 22 Jan 2015 - 02:26 AM, said:

Wasn´t Cuadrado a right back when he started playing in the Serie A?

At Fiorentina he very often played as a right wingback in 3-5-2(at least a couple of seasons ago he did), so he's definitely used to defending and attacking.

88 games for Fiorentina, only 23 goals. This is in a system where he doesn't have to be as disciplined as Willian, in regards to tracking back etc.

Do you know that even Hazard scored only ~30 goals from open play in ~140 games for Chelsea? Considering that Cuadrado played as a wingback early on at Fiorentina(and had to defend more than Hazard), his stats are more than decent.

Haha, some of the comments here.

I suggest we buy a hard working, defensively able two-footed right winger who has scored 16 billion billion goals in the last two seasons and is available for £13m, he seems to be the only one fitting our profile for what we need.

People, seriously. Ok if you have watched him a lot and actually dont believe in him, nothing wrong with that. But to simply look at his goalratio, a couple of vs videos and then dismiss him because he didnt do god knows what is simply laughable. How many of those dismissing him can honestly say that they have seen him play in more than 15 full games?

I know someone who has seen him for more than 15 games and who isnt dismissing him. Whatever scout working for Chelsea who recommended him.

Every time we are linked with a player, he immediately gets both incredibly over-hyped and incredible underrated on here (and other forums, I'd imagine).

For the people asking and making comparison about his style, he's not similar to Willian nor Schurrle. If I had to compare his style to someone, it would be Victor Moses. Obviously he's better, but the styles are similar. He's very good at tracking back, physically strong, with decent pace and dribbling with a bit more flair than Moses.

I don't expect him to score a lot more often than Willian in our system and certainly not more than Schurrle. But he's someone who I think Jose can rely on to do a job but like I said before, I have my doubts about how much impact he can really have at a top club. This is a completely different challenge than Fiorentina.

The price is completely over the top, but I guess that is to be expected in the winter market..

We'll be kicking ourselves if we spend on Cuadrado now and see Reus go to another English club in the summer.

Like someone said, it may be smarter to wait and see who's available next window. Some top, world class player may be unsettled or out of a contract.

Think Cuadrado is a good player but we should wait for a great one instead.

We'll be kicking ourselves if we spend on Cuadrado now and see Reus go to another English club in the summer.

Like someone said, it may be smarter to wait and see who's available next window. Some top, world class player may be unsettled or out of a contract.

Think Cuadrado is a good player but we should wait for a great one instead.

Cuadrado won't keep us from improving our team in the summer. For someone to come in one has to go and if Reus is truly available and WANTS to play for Chelsea we will find a deal to get him here.

Cuadrado won't keep us from improving our team in the summer. For someone to come in one has to go and if Reus is truly available and WANTS to play for Chelsea we will find a deal to get him here.

Even if both Salah and Schürrle go would we really be after another right sided attacking player? Willian, Cuadrado, and Reus would be far too many to keep happy.

If we buy Cuadrado then I'd think our business would be done as far as attacking players go.

Is that the same one who recommended Marin, Moses, Willian, Schurrle and Salah?

Probably not, seeing as Chelsea is likely to have different scouts in different leagues.

Skipping the sarcasm though it is not a completely similar scenario. Moses and Salah were bought partially for their potential, Cuadrado is too old for that. Marin is heavily believed to have been brought before the post CL-win revamp. Willian and Schurrle were good players of which only one has been a failure.

You will always hit and miss if you shoot often enough.

Probably not, seeing as Chelsea is likely to have different scouts in different leagues. Skipping the sarcasm though it is not a completely similar scenario. Moses and Salah were bought partially for their potential, Cuadrado is too old for that. Marin is heavily believed to have been brought before the post CL-win revamp. Willian and Schurrle were good players of which only one has been a failure. You will always hit and miss if you shoot often enough.
6th time lucky then with Cuadrado, someone to finally nail down the RW position? I have my reservations.