Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Luis Suarez

Blueboy
Followers 2

You don't consider biting someone as excessive ?

Well let me put it this way if he's insane and can't control the urge to bite people then he should be put in a mental institution and undergo tests before he's allowed back on a football pitch.

If he's sane then he had intent to hurt another player and should be banned for a long time.

Also you keep comparing dangerous tackles to biting but with dangerous tackles you can still argue that the intent was there to get the ball. It's still part of football.

Suarez biting someone, the intent to hurt (or insanity) is crystal clear. You can't say he was trying to get the ball, got caught up in the moment and then bit Chiellini.

Don't really get why you're trying to hide behind what to label the action. Insanity or intent to hurt. Both reasons should result in no football (for a long time) for Suarez.

and like i said if it's intent to hurt then he's a repeat offender. 3 freaking times !

I'm not hiding behind anything. This isn't about me - I don't bite people (unless required and I have a strict policy about females only).

Of course it's excessive! It's also ridiculous and he deserves a ban.

There is no hurt! We have to agree to disagree, because I for one agree that what he's done is not comparable to a dangerous tackle: the dangerous tackle is, by definition, dangerous, while what he has done isn't.

What we disagree about is how important the intent is. And that there is intent behind Suarez' actions - there is no intent there only slight insanity.

What could Suarez possible gain by biting Chiellini? Woudl that incapacitate Chiellini in any way? Show Chiellini that Suarez really really wanted to win it? Reckon he kinda knew that already. :)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not hiding behind anything. This isn't about me - I don't bite people (unless required).

There is no hurt! We have to agree to disagree, because I for one agree that what he's done is not comparable to a dangerous tackle: the dangerous tackle is, by definition, dangerous, while what he has done isn't.

What with disagree about is how important the intent is. And that there is intent behind Suarez' actions - there is no intent there only slight insanity.

There is no hurt ? So someone sinking there teeth into your skin doesn't hurt at all ?

Again a dangerous tackle is part of football. With a dangerous tackle there is still the intent to get the ball while when biting someone there is only one intent, hurting the player.

There is no intent ? How can you say that ? He bit someone, unprovoked and the ball wasn't anywhere near them. What other intent could he have but to hurt the player ?

Even if it's only slight insanity. He still can't control himself biting other people which means he's insane and shouldn't be allowed on a football pitch untill it's sorted out.

I can't believe there is an even an argument in this thread. The fucker bit someone. That shit is illegal. Not just on the pitch but off it too.

Surprises me how the Uruguayans welcomed him like some kind of a hero. Instead, shouldn't the normal reaction be something like "Thanks Suarez for leaving our NT without it's star striker because you thought it was a good idea to bite someone you psycho" ?!?!

I wonder if they lose to Columbia, will the ppl resist to blame him?

Surprises me how the Uruguayans welcomed him like some kind of a hero. Instead, shouldn't the normal reaction be something like "Thanks Suarez for leaving our NT without it's star striker because you thought it was a good idea to bite someone you psycho" ?!?!

I wonder if they lose to Columbia, will the ppl resist to blame him?

Their whole country is in denial, most of them don't even believe he actually bit him. Doesn't help when even their president publicly defends the guy and says he didn't see him doing anything wrong.

Wonder if most of them support Liverpool, with that mentality they'd fit right in with the Scousers.

There is no hurt ? So someone sinking there teeth into your skin doesn't hurt at all ?

Again a dangerous tackle is part of football. With a dangerous tackle there is still the intent to get the ball while when biting someone there is only one intent, hurting the player.

There is no intent ? How can you say that ? He bit someone, unprovoked and the ball wasn't anywhere near them. What other intent could he have but to hurt the player ?

Even if it's only slight insanity. He still can't control himself biting other people which means he's insane and shouldn't be allowed on a football pitch untill it's sorted out.

Sometimes I think people on this forum never actually played football... :rolleyes:

No man... a bite doesn't hurt at all compared to anything you may go through in a remotely competitive football match. :D

What I see is that he is EXTREMELY agressive while playing due to his emotional thinking...

Fifa banned him because of his terrible behaviour and not because he would want to hurt somebody (in that case Sakho, Song...should be punished too).

The punishment is fair because what he did is something you just dont do if you are normal...but that isnt pointing on that he wanted to hurt Chiellini..probably he wanted agressive reaction from italian and get a penalty or sth. But no matter what, that was sick.

The video above, the dives, the bites, that hand in 2010, all point that he is massive cunt. Should get 6 month ban to finaly learn something.

The whole 'in real life' hypothetical is silly. It's also illegal to slide tackle someone in real life .. By well hey that's legal in football lol.

Let's keep the arguments in perspective?

The whole 'in real life' hypothetical is silly. It's also illegal to slide tackle someone in real life .. By well hey that's legal in football lol.

Let's keep the arguments in perspective?

As a matter of fact it isn't legal in football either. It is legal to slide tackle a ball in both football and real life, not another human being. In reality, some physical contact is tolerated as a consequence of a sliding tackle to reach the ball. Extremely risky sliding tackles are punished whether you hit the player or not because the goal is to touch the ball, not the player. Sliding tackles which threaten other players more than target the ball are always punished and are discouraged.

Can't believe people are defending him, Christ. To me it's dead-on simple, he bites, he is mentally ill and he needs help. Ban him indefinitely until he gets his shit sorted and released by authorized psychiatrist, let it be one month or a year or more. That's what we call fair, to all parties.

Yes, Suarez will have to miss 9 competitive matches in a row. Be that in this World Cup, 2015 Copa America or the 2018 WC Qualifiers...

actually it doesn't include Copa America, only WC Finals and Qualifiers. He's been banned from FIFA official matches, not Commenbol.

actually it doesn't include Copa America, only WC Finals and Qualifiers. He's been banned from FIFA official matches, not Commenbol.

German flair?!

8LuZ0sD.jpg

Seems to me like Uruguay as a whole needs a reality check. Welcoming him back as a hero? Sick.

This on top of shameful team mates reactions and the recent reaction of a committee member Oscar Tabarez saying Suarez is a scapegoat?! PLEASE!

Shame on them. Colombia better smash those feckers out!!

Oh and no surprise that King Kenny Dogleash is going all out to say he needs help and Liverpool must support them! Getting another t shirt printed are we mate? I can't stand that little cretin.

Welcomed home like a hero and stood waving off his balcony.

This guy needs help urgently.

The entire country, including their president needs help. Can't believe they are defending his actions.