Luis Suarez

Blueboy

Dude, I like your posts but I disagree.

Suarez did not deserve that punishment. It was a bite. In 1994 Leonardo almost killed Tabi Ramos and got 4 games, and that was all.

He lost his WC credentials. He left the hotel with cops, like a criminal. He can't even stay with his team-mates in the same hotel. Thats why he had to leave Brazil and take a fly to Montevideo.

We see uglier stuff every week during a football season. Suarez deserved a punishment, but only a crazy-minded person would say his band was too lenient. Gimme a break. FIFA is almost destroying Suarez career because of a bite in the back.

If he was sent off, there is no way that FIFA would give him such a punishment. I also bet that if he was from a country with a powerful confederation like Brazil, there is no way that he would get such punishment.

That punishment was a disgrace.

Let no other "action" set precedent for this incident in your mind. Especially one as convoluted as an elbow thrown during an entanglement in 1994.

An entanglement in midfield where the two players are intertwined, and Leonardo while looking away, swings an elbow backwards and hits an opponent, leading to the aforementioned onslaught against him. And you compare it to Suarez knowingly coming from behind the defender, looking down, and sinking his teeth into his shoulder?

No. Absolutely. Mutually. Exclusive events. And if you consciously, honestly equate one to the other in your own mind, then I think there's a lot of questions to be asked of you ethically, intellectually, and logically.

Here's a concept for you that we can circle back to: precedent. In fact, he's made it easy for you! He's set it himself. He bit someone before. No kidding tho, he did it TWICE. As in he consciously placed his teeth into someone's flesh, and--to whatever degree--bit down. I'm going to tell you, because judging by the nature of your post, you don't seem to understand this rudimentary concept, but that's just not ok.

By virtue of the game, arms swing, legs fly...hell, it's a kicking sport, heads collide, all these occur during the course of a game allowing for the possibility, or more aptly, probability that one of those things might strike another human being. And when it does happen, based on the severity of the incident (here we go again with that concept...precedent, Exhibit A: Leonardo 1994)...they try and punish the alleged attacker. It's actually a serious legal concept wherein crimes are punished based on the nature of the severity, the more serious the crime, the more serious the punishment, termed RETRIBUTIVE JUSTICE).

But I digress. NEVER, EVER is it excusable to grab someone with your hands, open your mouth, place it on someone's body, and bite down.

There is no place in the game for it, we can stop elbows flying by tying players arms to the side during a match, or shaving the elbow bones of footballers so they're merely swinging sacks of flesh around, but that would detract from the game, and probably by painful and maybe unconstitutional, hell idk.

But nay, we rely, as passionate fans and devoted followers, on a fleeting sense of humanity that a glimmer of compassion remains in a footballers soul that during the course of a match, while bloods pumping and grass is a flyin', they take a moment and think to themselves and say, "hey, maybe I shouldn't bite this person in front of me, it's probably not a good idea." And you know what? I feel like EVERY SINGLE DAMN PERSON associated with the game seems to abide by this unwritten law of cannibalism. Except for two, you and Suarez.

So In closing, no, Leonardo's elbow hitting Tab Ramos in the face in 1994 does not serve to provide the FIFA committee with an incident by which to judge the seriousness of this most recent event. In no way, shape or form. Let Suarez's predilection for allowing the world to revisit this incident be the only precedent we use.

The first time, it was his fault it happened. The second time, it was strike two and punished accordingly. The third time, it's our fault it happened. He has a serious issue, as might anyone else who can seemingly justify this behavior.

Rant over.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Absolutely. Mutually. Exclusive events. And if you consciously, honestly equate one to the other in your own mind, then I think there's a lot of questions to be asked of you ethically, intellectually, and logically.

Ethically, intellectually and logically we are in different levels, specially if you want to discuss Justice and Criminal Law here, my friend.

Discussion is over, before it even started.

:tophat:

Let no other "action" set precedent for this incident in your mind. Especially one as convoluted as an elbow thrown during an entanglement in 1994.

An entanglement in midfield where the two players are intertwined, and Leonardo while looking away, swings an elbow backwards and hits an opponent, leading to the aforementioned onslaught against him. And you compare it to Suarez knowingly coming from behind the defender, looking down, and sinking his teeth into his shoulder?

Here's a concept for you that we can circle back to: precedent. In fact, he's made it easy for you! He's set it himself. He bit someone before. No kidding tho, he did it TWICE. As in he consciously placed his teeth into someone's flesh, and--to whatever degree--bit down. I'm going to tell you, because judging by the nature of your post, you don't seem to understand this rudimentary concept, but that's just not ok.

By virtue of the game, arms swing, legs fly...hell, it's a kicking sport, heads collide, all these occur during the course of a game allowing for the possibility, or more aptly, probability that one of those things might strike another human being. And when it does happen, based on the severity of the incident (here we go again with that concept...precedent, Exhibit A: Leonardo 1994)...they try and punish the alleged attacker. It's actually a serious legal concept wherein crimes are punished based on the nature of the severity, the more serious the crime, the more serious the punishment, termed RETRIBUTIVE JUSTICE).

But I digress. NEVER, EVER is it excusable to grab someone with your hands, open your mouth, place it on someone's body, and bite down.

There is no place in the game for it, we can stop elbows flying by tying players arms to the side during a match, or shaving the elbow bones of footballers so they're merely swinging sacks of flesh around, but that would detract from the game, and probably by painful and maybe unconstitutional, hell idk.

But nay, we rely, as passionate fans and devoted followers, on a fleeting sense of humanity that a glimmer of compassion remains in a footballers soul that during the course of a match, while bloods pumping and grass is a flyin', they take a moment and think to themselves and say, "hey, maybe I shouldn't bite this person in front of me, it's probably not a good idea." And you know what? I feel like EVERY SINGLE DAMN PERSON associated with the game seems to abide by this unwritten law of cannibalism. Except for two, you and Suarez.

So In closing, no, Leonardo's elbow hitting Tab Ramos in the face in 1994 does not serve to provide the FIFA committee with an incident by which to judge the seriousness of this most recent event. In no way, shape or form. Let Suarez's predilection for allowing the world to revisit this incident be the only precedent we use.

The first time, it was his fault it happened. The second time, it was strike two and punished accordingly. The third time, it's our fault it happened. He has a serious issue, as might anyone else who can seemingly justify this behavior.

Rant over.

Some one start the slow clap.

Brilliant.

Owned.

I see where you are coming from. There are some tackles and other stuff way more dangerous to other players than a bite, I'm talking about stuff that could result in broken bones or worse, and we have seen cases when things like that were done intentionally and we didn't see any punishment as hard as this. Although all that is true, a bite is so out of the game. A violent tackle still resembles something we expect to see on the pitch. Biting is so primal and out of place, there's really no excuse you can give for that. Also, it's the THIRD time. It's not like he just snapped for a second. He's done it before and he has been punished before but he keeps doing it. It HAS to stop. They should have obliged him to see some psychiatrist on top of the punishment. He should only be allowed to return when that same psychiatrist says he's able to play like a sane human being. That should be done to players like Pepe (among others) too.

No, and no. Intentional violent tackle is not what football is about. Take the Aguero/Luiz incident two seasons ago. Thats definitely not what you should expect to see on the pitch. You are basically saying if the agressor using his foot in FOOTball, its more acceptable than using his teeth. I can't accept that. I agree, bitting is totally out of place, but again, I said he deserved the punishment, I'm just saying FIFA just went too far, specially with the 4 month ban, and taking out his WC credentials and treating him like a criminal.

Its not the only problem here. What was the criterion used to punish him? Who punished him? Why 9 games and not 10? Why 4 months and not 3, 5, 6, or even 1 year?

Punishment with no rules to regulate the punitive power is always some kind of authoritarianism.

His football activity ban is totally out of place. FIFA should only ban players from international duties. His aggression happened in a WC. Why he should be banned from club competition? Competitions that FIFA is not involved?

But in the last sentence you said FIFA should obligate Suarez to see some psychiatrist. It seems you love an authoritarianism, just like most part of Brazilians.

Suarez did not deserve that punishment. It was a bite. In 1994 Leonardo almost killed Tabi Ramos and got 4 games, and that was all.

He lost his WC credentials. He left the hotel with cops, like a criminal. He can't even stay with his team-mates in the same hotel. Thats why he had to leave Brazil and take a fly to Montevideo.

We see uglier stuff every week during a football season. Suarez deserved a punishment, but only a crazy-minded person would say his band was too lenient. Gimme a break. FIFA is almost destroying Suarez career because of a bite in the back.

If he was sent off, there is no way that FIFA would give him such a punishment. I also bet that if he was from a country with a powerful confederation like Brazil, there is no way that he would get such punishment.

It's amazing that there are even some Scousers on RAWK who have held their hands up and said that for a THIRD offence of such a disgusting nature that there's no defending the ban....yet once again you choose (because it's very much a choice) to swim against the tide for no reason other than to be different. That's the thing about modern discourse - it's easier to be a contrarian than it is to be articulate or reasoned.

When 100 people agree on something, it's harder to stand out from the crowd by constructing an argument full of wit or insight. But be the 1 person to disagree and you're certain to get that much more attention. Go on Twitter and you'll see people get attention not through their intellect or reasoning, but by being more extreme than the rest.

Or maybe you genuinely believe the stuff you post...but I doubt it.

Once again it's his third ban for the same disgusting act. Personally I think he could've got five or six months and it would have been fair.

It's amazing that there are even some Scousers on RAWK who have held their hands up and said that for a THIRD offence of such a disgusting nature that there's no defending the ban....yet once again you choose (because it's very much a choice) to swim against the tide for no reason other than to be different. That's the thing about modern discourse - it's easier to be a contrarian than it is to be articulate or reasoned.

When 100 people agree on something, it's harder to stand out from the crowd by constructing an argument full of wit or insight. But be the 1 person to disagree and you're certain to get that much more attention. Go on Twitter and you'll see people get attention not through their intellect or reasoning, but by being more extreme than the rest.

Or maybe you genuinely believe the stuff you post...but I doubt it.

Once again it's his third ban for the same disgusting act. Personally I think he could've got five or six months and it would have been fair.

Perhaps in England everybody is loving everything, because Suarez was hated in England before in WC, and even more hated now after WC ended for England, for obvious reasons.

Not what I see in Brazil, as 10 out of 10 people from football press are saying this punishment is totally out of place.

But as usual you always think I'm just trying to be different, and I do believe you barely read my posts, or perhaps you never try a little bit harder to understand what I'm saying. No one is saying he didn't deserved some kind of punishment, I'm questioning FIFA methods, and specially taking out his WC credentials.

You are a very, very, very obtuse person.

THIRD bite

Third bite, wasn't even provoked in any of the incidents, and once again he is under the spotlight.

This man is a complete and utter animal, he's got away with this very lightly. I will say it again, how do you explain this shit to an eight year old boy who is playing at grass roots level when he says "Dad, why did he do that"

Third BITE doesn't mean FIFA should threat him like a criminal and take out his WC credentials. No one is questioning the punishment here, just the kind of punishment.

Maybe it is a little harsh, but mind you, he was suspended and fined twice before, for the same reason, and he kept on doing the same mistake. Maybe this will teach him a lesson.

Third BITE doesn't mean FIFA should threat him like a criminal and take out his WC credentials. No one is questioning the punishment here, just the kind of punishment.

Well he won't do it again right? That's the whole concept behind punishment!!!

So what if he suffers some discomfort - that's life Cause/Reaction.

He caused the situation by being an idiot

The reaction is FIFA have acted in a way that demonstrates this will not be tolerated.

FIFA HAVE to do this - International sponsors WILL NOT put up with this behaviour from a 'professional'

Parents with kids now have a lot of explaining to do - how many copycat bites do you expect to see now in Children? If there were statistics, you would see a massive increase.

This is NOBODY else's fault apart from Suarez.

As for 'precedent' - I doubt anybody had foreseen such an act in a World Cup - leaving FIFA with a blank canvass - they have made a decision and now set a precedent. Anybody else guilty of biting in a FIFA controlled match will now receive the same punishment.

I get why you think this is English bias - but it's not - it was a deplorable action on the World Stage.

I'm a little sad that you don't actually support this action - most feel FIFA have been lenient.

As for the RAWK brigade - they knew it was coming.

If I got banned from driving for being an idiot - do you think my employer could lobby for me to still drive to work - NO - the fact that I am banned is my own fault and my employer suffers from hiring an idiot and as such would likely replace me, those are the consequences of my actions...

No, and no. Intentional violent tackle is not what football is about. Take the Aguero/Luiz incident two seasons ago. Thats definitely not what you should expect to see on the pitch. You are basically saying if the agressor using his foot in FOOTball, its more acceptable than using his teeth. I can't accept that. I agree, biting is totally out of place, but again, I said he deserved the punishment, I'm just saying FIFA just went too far, specially with the 4 month ban, and taking out his WC credentials and treating him like a criminal.

Its not the only problem here. What was the criterion used to punish him? Who punished him? Why 9 games and not 10? Why 4 months and not 3, 5, 6, or even 1 year?

Punishment with no rules to regulate the punitive power is always some kind of authoritarianism.

His football activity ban is totally out of place. FIFA should only ban players from international duties. His aggression happened in a WC. Why he should be banned from club competition? Competitions that FIFA is not involved?

But in the last sentence you said FIFA should obligate Suarez to see some psychiatrist. It seems you love an authoritarianism, just like most part of Brazilians.

Treating like a criminal ? He is a fucking criminal. He bit a person, which is assault. If he was an everyday Joe and had bit a person out in the streets for the third time right now I can guarantee that he would be getting bummed in a public jail.

What is wrong with obligating him to see a psychiatrist ? He is clearly mentally ill. If I was working at an office and my coworker started biting other people I'd want the guy to be fired. If not, I'd need some assurance that the poor fucker is being treated and hence my health is not endangered every time I am in the same room with him. Every time defenders face this guy next season they better be careful turning their backs to him.

If they ban him from just international competition Uruguay will just organize meaningless friendlies making the ban completely ineffective. If you have any doubt about that, consider the fact that even their president is out to meet him. It's not like there are any major international tournaments coming up anyways after this in the next few months. An international ban would be useless.

As everyone else has also said before, this is the THIRD time he has done this. Seeing that a ten game suspension was in fact not enough to keep him from doing this again the ban should have in fact been larger than 4 months.

Parents with kids now have a lot of explaining to do - how many copycat bites do you expect to see now in Children? If there were statistics, you would see a massive increase.

To honest I don't get this kind of argument. If you think what he did offended Children, then kids should not be allowed to watch football.

So Suarez should be banned from football because parents with kids have a lot of explaining to do?

Treating like a criminal ? He is a fucking criminal. He bit a person, which is assault. If he was an everyday Joe and had bit a person out in the streets for the third time right now I can guarantee that he would be getting bummed in a public jail.

I'm leaving this topic.

I like psychedelic stuff, but thats enough for me.

Maybe it is a little harsh, but mind you, he was suspended and fined twice before, for the same reason, and he kept on doing the same mistake. Maybe this will teach him a lesson.

He was fined by FA. FIFA has nothing to do with his behavior in Premier League.

To honest I don't get this kind of argument. If you think what he did offended Children, then kids should not be allowed to watch football.

So Suarez should be banned from football because parents with kids have a lot of explaining to do?

That's not what he means and you know it isn't.

I'm a football coach and last night at an under 8s training session, I had dozens of kids laughing and joking saying they were going to bite someone. It only takes one bad tackle or push and that bite becomes a reality in the heat of the situation.

And you're saying a bite isn't assault? :blink:

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You