Luis Suarez

Blueboy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know whether the quotes are true or not.

From the Guardian:

“These situations happen on the field. I had contact with his shoulder, chest against shoulder and I got a knock to the eye – nothing more.”

What an ignorant bastard. FIFA must do the right thing here. Lengthy global ban for this scumbag.

He won't get a global ban IMO, will just be banned internationally.

Dude needs help.

Yeah that's my point - FIFA & UEFA need to step in - it's conducted in a football match.

If it was a drugs offence it would be worldwide.

So the same needs to happen here - global ban - it's the only way, until he's 'rehabilitated'...

It has to be a universal ban from all participating bodies - otherwise it's not effective - and any professional body that does not uphold the ban is literally saying 'we do not condone his actions' - which is farcical.

I guess this is the problem with having 2 governing bodies...?

Yeah that's my point - FIFA & UEFA need to step in - it's conducted in a football match.

If it was a drugs offence it would be worldwide.

So the same needs to happen here - global ban - it's the only way, until he's 'rehabilitated'...

It has to be a universal ban from all participating bodies - otherwise it's not effective - and any professional body that does not uphold the ban is literally saying 'we do not condone his actions' - which is farcical.

I guess this is the problem with having 2 governing bodies...?

FIFA are the world governing body and the likes of UEFA, CONCACAF, CAF etc. govern their respective regions like Europe, Americas and Africa. FIFA should have the power to overrule any bodies and implement a lengthy, global ban (i.e. Cantona when he kicked that fan) but will they? I sincerely doubt it.

Even though this is the 3rd time Suarez has bitten someone, will they take that into consideration or will they simply view this as an isolated incident?

Realistically speaking; biting isn't worse than a horrific tackle, or a bad elbow thrown, or a vicious headbutt, but it is really one of the oddest, cannibalistic, primitive things to do, even more bizarrely one a football pitch. It isn't a one off thing either, it's the third time he's done it.

We'll see how everything conspires over the next few days. I really hope they make an example of him but IMO we won't see any domestic banning I'm afraid.

"These situations happen on the field", lol.

Fucking hell, what?! I've been playing football since I was a little boy and I've never shied away from contact and tacklings but never have I witnessed someone biting me or someone else let alone me biting somebody. And mind you, I'm talking about kids and youths aged 6-19 who you would expect to not be able to control themselves but this is a fucking grown man talking about biting people as if this was like kicking the ball, scoring goals etc, things that are normal, ffs.

FIFA are the world governing body and the likes of UEFA, CONCACAF, CAF etc. govern their respective regions like Europe, Americas and Africa. FIFA should have the power to overrule any bodies and implement a lengthy, global ban (i.e. Cantona when he kicked that fan) but will they? I sincerely doubt it.

Even though this is the 3rd time Suarez has bitten someone, will they take that into consideration or will they simply view this as an isolated incident?

Realistically speaking; biting isn't worse than a horrific tackle, or a bad elbow thrown, or a vicious headbutt, but it is really one of the oddest, cannibalistic, primitive things to do, even more bizarrely one a football pitch. It isn't a one off thing either, it's the third time he's done it.

We'll see how everything conspires over the next few days. I really hope they make an example of him but IMO we won't see any domestic banning I'm afraid.

human bites are more dangerous than most animals , in terms of disease spreading

Yeah surely you could argue Aids, Hepatitis - etc?

yes, all kinds of nasty infections/viruses ect. we shouldnt sit here pretending its not serious. you dont have to chew through someones arm to cause a major problem.

"Fatalities caused by human bite accounted for 25 deaths among children and adolescents aged 0-19 in Arizona from 1989 to 1992,"

Human Bites Kill More Than Dog Bites in Australia

I think this parody website sums up Liverpool's reaction to these situations:

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2014/06/25/its-the-dwwnwcru-daily-wwn-world-cup-round-up-11/

Liverpool have been quick to issue a statement which sees them openly admonish their star striker for the first time. “Today we begin construction on the Luis Suarez stand at Anfield. This will be built alongside a new statue of King Luis in an effort to show him how displeased we are. In fact, so incensed are we with his conduct we have offered him a new 7-year contract worth £200,000 a week,” read a section of the statement.

Biting is much much worse than an Elbow.

An Elbow is often just a rectionary moment of anger. It happens, it's still not right and gets punished. But in the heat of the moment things happen. But biting someone is much more thought out and just weird and to do it 3 times is crazy.

For example, you get into an altercation you may feel the urge to punch someone but who has the urge to bite them...

Should get a 15 game all comps ban for it being his 3rd offence. But it's suarez so it wouldn't surprise me if they said we will look into it further after the World cup and then give him a 3 match ban so he misses some friendlies.

"These situations happen on the field", lol.

Fucking hell, what?! I've been playing football since I was a little boy and I've never shied away from contact and tacklings but never have I witnessed someone biting me or someone else let alone me biting somebody. And mind you, I'm talking about kids and youths aged 6-19 who you would expect to not be able to control themselves but this is a fucking grown man talking about biting people as if this was like kicking the ball, scoring goals etc, things that are normal, ffs.

He was denying that he ever bit him. In the rest of the quote he says that the defender smashed his shoulder in his face and that's why "his eye is like this" (I imagine it's bruised or something).

Mentally disturbed man, needs help ASAP

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You