James Rodríguez

3 hours ago, Leif said:

I don't believe him, because on his timeline he essentially brags about the fact a story he's shared has also been picked up by Sky, but anyone truly in-the-know would take this as a given. 

You know, a lot of clowns are football journalists and even agents nowadays. We could all band together and start a super-brand, and manage some of these up-and-coming names in football. As long as a few of us have a business background, and given the theoretical that we're all motivated, I'm sure we could discover a player, market him like the geniuses we all are, have him bought by a big team (we'd reject any small time offers) for around £15m-£30m, then split a 10% commission between us, giving us all around half a mil.

Let's do it. Forums are an opportunity, a gathering of likeminded people. Let's show these bastards that the armchair fans are the ones with power. Fucking stupid Richard.

How high are you? 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure I agree with that.

How effective is James pressing the ball?

How effective is he at getting in behind a high line?

Does he track back with any success at winning the ball? 

These are the characteristics our right sided FW need to possess, not just shooting ability from range.

It's clear as day that he's technically a class above the two players mentioned. We need to be less focused on what they do without the ball and think about what they do with it. We've seen how the side lines up with Willian as our starting RWF.

18 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

It's clear as day that he's technically a class above the two players mentioned. We need to be less focused on what they do without the ball and think about what they do with it. We've seen how the side lines up with Willian as our starting RWF.

I'm focussed on both aspects since football is played at both ends and Conte has a system that he has successfully implemented here.

19 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I'm focussed on both aspects since football is played at both ends and Conte has a system that he has successfully implemented here.

They are both important but for his position , it's a 80/20 ratio. If he plays better than Pedro and Willian going forward, then all he has to do is give us what Hazard gives us defensively and we're golden

3 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I'm not sure I agree with that.

How effective is James pressing the ball?

How effective is he at getting in behind a high line?

Does he track back with any success at winning the ball? 

These are the characteristics our right sided FW need to possess, not just shooting ability from range.

His work rate is just fine, higher than Hazard's. I don't know why people are assuming he is some lazy fella ala Ozil with no evidence.

33 minutes ago, Socur Toxanarosa said:

His work rate is just fine, higher than Hazard's. I don't know why people are assuming he is some lazy fella ala Ozil with no evidence.

His work rate has to be WAY higher than Hazard's. We can't have two players in free roles

24 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

His work rate has to be WAY higher than Hazard's. We can't have two players in free roles

Considering we've had Cesc in a CM position and survived, I think it's safe to say having a RW with Hazard like workrate is good enough. your also forgetting the other reason our left is so solid is because opposition RB are afraid to attach and leave Hazard open. James will cause opposition LBs to face the same problem

Now all 3 on at the same time? Idk...

Why are people on here so concerned about work rate? He doesn't need to run up and down the pitch because he'll have Moses and Kante covering him and Azpillicueta will be behind them. He doesn't need to provide width because that's Moses' job. He will play similarly to a number 10 role (as Hazard and Pedro have done this season) and will provide another goal scoring alternative outside of Hazard and Costa. Our goals are drying up and our attack is running out of ideas. James will rejuvenate the squad and will help us win the league.

James Rodriguez transfer: Chelsea not interested in Real Madrid ace after being put off by price tag

£60million Colombia ace looking for a move to the Prem after admitting that he could leave Real Madrid in January

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2456510/james-rodriguez-transfer-chelsea-real-madrid/

CHELSEA claim they are NOT in the race to sign James Rodriguez.

Chelsea deny that they want to sign James Rodriguez

But SunSport understands that table-toppers Blues feel that Rodriguez is overvalued at the £60million mark which Los Blancos are demanding.

4 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I have seen Real fans claiming he doesn't play much because of his low work rate

The spot he is directly competing for atm is Lucas at RW and I'm sorry to say he does not come close to Lucas' 13km avg distance covered per game, his defensive work rate and what he provides going forward at the same time.
Lucas provides tactical balance as well as flexibility. There is a reason he plays more than anyone else under Zizou.

James can't compete for a CM spot either because Kroos, Modric, Isco and Kovacic are all better in the CM position because they are willing to work both ends in the same game and they do not unbalance the team tactically like James does.

And when Bales comes back he sure isn't better than him either, so where does he play?

He's a good player but he should have left in the summer, we need a back up at DM not another playmaker. Move him on and give his minutes to Asensio.

2 hours ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

Why are people on here so concerned about work rate? He doesn't need to run up and down the pitch because he'll have Moses and Kante covering him and Azpillicueta will be behind them. He doesn't need to provide width because that's Moses' job. He will play similarly to a number 10 role (as Hazard and Pedro have done this season) and will provide another goal scoring alternative outside of Hazard and Costa. Our goals are drying up and our attack is running out of ideas. James will rejuvenate the squad and will help us win the league.

Mourinho's legacy. :ph34r:

18 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Point someone out that does both and is available?

Koke with a high enough offer. Weird how people have forgotten about him, considering he's le messiah. 

In theory when you have as much money as we do, every player should be available.

If we want a potential superstar who'd cost less than James, and perhaps as high potential with a similar playing style, I'd go for Felipe Anderson from Lazio.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You