James Rodríguez

I take it from two sides:

1. If we sell Oscar for that 60mln we should spend that money on James. But if oscar dead not gonna happen we should wait till summer. Tbh Oscar is gone.

2. If look at position when he can start in our formation(3-4-3) and compare him to players whoes we have (Willian&Pedro) for me he is big upgrade.

So for us and him we should take him.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, Leif said:

You just have to wonder what it'd do for our players morale for some guy to just waltz in and instantly be the most handsome baby-faced guy the team has ever been blessed with. Envy would course through their veins, they'd set him up for failure.

Diego will be dethroned as most handsome Chelsea player? I don't think so, mate.

19 minutes ago, Socur Toxanarosa said:

Wtf are you on mate?

A healthy dose of realism. It's no coincidence Ronaldo exploded after getting his teeth altered. Coaches didn't want to be around him beforehand, but once he made himself handsome, great people were willing to nurture him.

On 19/12/2016 at 6:44 AM, BoyBlue96 said:

No please.

Özil yesterday showed exactly why you shouldn't go for Real rejects. 

James is slow, can't defend and I can already see the vids on Twitter of him refusing to press or track back. 

So you don't rate Barcelona/Real "rejects"? Have you ever seen this guy that used to play at the club? He's called Makelele. He even had a whole role named after him despite being a Real "reject". What about our compatriot Arjen? You wouldn't have Prime Robben in your team because he's a Real "reject"? Prime Sneijder? Eto'o was a Real "reject" too. There's an endless list. 

People always use Özil as a reason not to sign Real "rejects." We can make fun of him going missing in big games but he's the ultimate flat track bully in the PL. The small sides can't handle him.

I'd gladly take James if he can do that. We have plenty of big game players to help him if he struggles.

I don't believe him, because on his timeline he essentially brags about the fact a story he's shared has also been picked up by Sky, but anyone truly in-the-know would take this as a given. 

You know, a lot of clowns are football journalists and even agents nowadays. We could all band together and start a super-brand, and manage some of these up-and-coming names in football. As long as a few of us have a business background, and given the theoretical that we're all motivated, I'm sure we could discover a player, market him like the geniuses we all are, have him bought by a big team (we'd reject any small time offers) for around £15m-£30m, then split a 10% commission between us, giving us all around half a mil.

Let's do it. Forums are an opportunity, a gathering of likeminded people. Let's show these bastards that the armchair fans are the ones with power. Fucking stupid Richard.

7 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Can you not at least verify whether a tweet is valid before you post it on here please? Clearly a bullshit tweet lol. 

Nothing wrong with this mate. He said could be join..so right now we know this 😛

Fact remains we need more talent in the the side.

Maybe James isn't the guy that will take us to the next level, but he's definitely clear improvement over Willian and Pedro combined.

We keep saying Eden is the only talented player we have in the attack, the one capable of producing magic. James is nowhere close to Eden, but he is talented, smart and it balances the attack out with three threats in Eden, Diego and James.

Work rate is overrated because it looks like people think one can't learn how to do that. Conte is the kind of manager that will make you work his way and if you don't have work rate you will learn because, guess what, work rate is something one can learn. Now talent on the other hand you either have it or you don't. Bring the gems and let the manager lapidate them.

I have a small wishlist for the window and James is at the top of it - no matter how much I dream about other players, they won't come now. The winter window is adjustment time and to add depth, but it isn't the window to turn things around completely. We did very good deals at this time of the year in the past, and I'd be ecstatic if we we brought James because I'm positive he would become yet another example of that.

Reject, world class, slow, fast, work rate. Seriously, why are people discussing those things?

It's the same as it was with David Luiz. I stated the same, it isn't what I think will solve our problems, but it is a clear improvement over anything we have. Look how well that turned out to be. Just bring the kid and let Conte work his magic. We need to bring more names like James to our attack. You can't simply have Eden and Diego - although they are huge names. If we aim to be really big, we need more names, James is one of them.

2 hours ago, Barbara said:

Fact remains we need more talent in the the side.

Maybe James isn't the guy that will take us to the next level, but he's definitely clear improvement over Willian and Pedro combined.

We keep saying Eden is the only talented player we have in the attack, the one capable of producing magic. James is nowhere close to Eden, but he is talented, smart and it balances the attack out with three threats in Eden, Diego and James.

Work rate is overrated because it looks like people think one can't learn how to do that. Conte is the kind of manager that will make you work his way and if you don't have work rate you will learn because, guess what, work rate is something one can learn. Now talent on the other hand you either have it or you don't. Bring the gems and let the manager lapidate them.

I have a small wishlist for the window and James is at the top of it - no matter how much I dream about other players, they won't come now. The winter window is adjustment time and to add depth, but it isn't the window to turn things around completely. We did very good deals at this time of the year in the past, and I'd be ecstatic if we we brought James because I'm positive he would become yet another example of that.

Reject, world class, slow, fast, work rate. Seriously, why are people discussing those things?

It's the same as it was with David Luiz. I stated the same, it isn't what I think will solve our problems, but it is a clear improvement over anything we have. Look how well that turned out to be. Just bring the kid and let Conte work his magic. We need to bring more names like James to our attack. You can't simply have Eden and Diego - although they are huge names. If we aim to be really big, we need more names, James is one of them.

I'm not sure I agree with that.

How effective is James pressing the ball?

How effective is he at getting in behind a high line?

Does he track back with any success at winning the ball? 

These are the characteristics our right sided FW need to possess, not just shooting ability from range.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You