James Rodríguez

1 hour ago, Chelsea? said:

Idk how you define world class but it's just a word with different means to different people. Some would consider any player starting for a big club world class. 

But if I were to rate player 1-100:

Let's just say Messi and Ronaldo are at 95/100. Neymar, Suarez and Hazard at 90/100. Think it's fair to say James is around 87/100. 

World class is being able to turn it on everytime you step onto the pitch, adapting to whatever your manager throws at you. World class players are game changers.

87/100..there we go, how you can you be world class if you rate someone 87/100..by your logic a B+ grade player. I sure as hell don't think world class Scientists got B+'s. 

47 minutes ago, firerises said:

Any player in the world can be on the bench of any team. Messi could end up on Barcelona's Bench. Bale or Ronaldo on Madrid's. That can happen to anybody. What defines whether a player is World Class or not is not defined by whether or not they play for a team or not. Anything can happen to anyone at any time; certain players do not simply cease to be good because they aren't being played. Especially on teams like Real Madrid or Barcelona which are infamous for buying players with no plans to play them. 

Nevermind the fact that when James has seen any regularity he plays quite well. He's only player 859 minutes for Real Madrid this season; 19 players have played more than him. Yet he has more assists than any other player on the team. That says something.  If you ever watch Real play with James he's usually 1-2 touches away from any goal scored. That says something too. More often than not he regains balls that turn into goals. That certainly was the case in their last game against Deportivo, where two of the goals scored came from balls that James had recovered from challenges. 

I think it's funny that people here are whipping around Primadona and claiming James has a low work rate. Anyone who is a Madrid fan or who actually follows James will tell you he has a very good work rate. In fact he's probably one of the attacking midfielders who defends the most; out of any attacking midfielder I've ever seen play the game. If you look at kilometers run during a game,  when it comes to kilometers run usually only Modric or Kroos score higher, in terms of balls repossessed his numbers are quite high. And Mind you 7 out of 10 games that James plays he's played as a central or left or right midfielder. Out of position. 

As for primadona. This is England. Where any player of his caliber or price tag, or who had showed what he has when he gets any regular playing time for anyteam, would have been bitching to the media for the past 2 years. James hasn't bitched to anyone. Not even once. He's one of the most famous, well known, and popular players in the world and he has not once complained about playing time publically. If it were any other player they would have talked.

James is a hard worker. The people who are talking about him seem to really not know anything about fucking James. His mother was a single mother and his father abandoned him. He was playing professional televised football at the age of 13. He moved to Argentina all by himself at the age of 16 and to Portugal, again completely by himself by the age of 17. He's the farthest thing from a Primadona. He's a humble kid from the projects who succeeded despite all odds. 

There are few if any other players on earth who have backgrounds like his. Not with his level of skill and ability. 

The reality is James is probably too big of a personality to join Chelsea. He's the kind of player who belongs at a big, big team. Like Manchester United, Real, Bayern, or 10 years ago AC Milan. His t-shirt sales and media rights alone dwarf all the other players at Chelsea. When Messi and Ronaldo retire he'll be probably one of the few players on earth that still has the kind of worldwide recognition they do. 

They could, and I take your point that they don't stop being good - but Messi and Ronaldo have proved their world class status - James hasn't..

Toni Kroos - 1 goal 7 assists.

Morata - 7 goals 3 assists.

James - 0 goals 4 assits..

"He's the farthest thing from a Primadona. He's a humble kid from the projects who succeeded despite all odds. BUT The reality is James is probably too big of a personality to join Chelsea." - Bit of a contradiction?..yeah good on him from coming up from nothing..he's not the only successful footballer to do so a la Moses who's parents were killed at a young age..it doesn't mean you automatically get world class status.

He is an amazing player but world class is a massive call!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Kezza said:

World class is being able to turn it on everytime you step onto the pitch, adapting to whatever your manager throws at you. World class players are game changers.

87/100..there we go, how you can you be world class if you rate someone 87/100..by your logic a B+ grade player. I sure as hell don't think world class Scientists got B+'s. 

They could, and I take your point that they don't stop being good - but Messi and Ronaldo have proved their world class status - James hasn't..

Toni Kroos - 1 goal 7 assists.

Morata - 7 goals 3 assists.

James - 0 goals 4 assits..

"He's the farthest thing from a Primadona. He's a humble kid from the projects who succeeded despite all odds. BUT The reality is James is probably too big of a personality to join Chelsea." - Bit of a contradiction?..yeah good on him from coming up from nothing..he's not the only successful footballer to do so a la Moses who's parents were killed at a young age..it doesn't mean you automatically get world class status.

He is an amazing player but world class is a massive call!

By that standard Hazard ia not world class. about 30% of our games he's just a passenger. But ok if James isn't world class; he'd still walk in and be one of our most talented players.stop worrying about the word so much

16 hours ago, the wes said:

Interesting. If this is true then it should be the decisive comment on the Rodriguez to Chelsea story.

1 minute ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Interesting. If this is true then it should be the decisive comment on the Rodriguez to Chelsea story.

he's gonna be sad when he sees James on the training ground since according to some michael emenalo is the only one in charge of transfers

30 minutes ago, Chelsea? said:

By that standard Hazard ia not world class. about 30% of our games he's just a passenger. But ok if James isn't world class; he'd still walk in and be one of our most talented players.stop worrying about the word so much

I disagree..without Hazard I believe we wouldn't be where we are in the league.

I mentioned earlier I didn't want to go into it..I just think the phrase is used more than it should, bringing down actual world class players

I 100% agree he'd walk in our team should he be signed

20 minutes ago, Kezza said:

I disagree..without Hazard I believe we wouldn't be where we are in the league.

I mentioned earlier I didn't want to go into it..I just think the phrase is used more than it should, bringing down actual world class players

I 100% agree he'd walk in our team should he be signed

Can't argue with that. But we definitely have room for another star on this team.

5 hours ago, Socur Toxanarosa said:

Poor Barcelona: Iniesta, Messi, Neymar and Suárez; that's some laughable work rate.

James isn't anywhere near as good as those players though. He is several levels below all of those guys.

I find it funny that people here call James Rodríguez world class and deride Willian. Last season James Rodríguez scored 8 goals, Willian scored 11, this season James Rodríguez has scored 2 goals and Willian has 3. 

5 hours ago, Chelsea? said:

he's gonna be sad when he sees James on the training ground since according to some michael emenalo is the only one in charge of transfers

ME gets far more criticism that he deserves. None of us (not even me! 😊) has perfect football judgement. Anyone who accepts the responsibility for squad building decisions will make mistakes. People who believe, or pretend, otherwise are mistaken.

What is easier to control, and what people who get it wrong are more quickly to be blamed for, is building relationships with their work colleagues and subordinates. Just because it pleases some internet bandits to imagine that Eminalo is a fool does not make it so. I would bet every penny I own that he would not be so stupid as to force a first team squad member on a manager who simply does not want that player.

Adding a young player to the loan army, in the hope that he might develop and impress the manager at some future point, is one thing, but imposing an unwanted footballer on the first team is quite another. If Antonio is adamant that he does not want a player, that player won't be foisted on him.

For example, it is quite clear that the club believed in De Bruyne, Luiz and Lukaku. Jose did not want to use them however so the club, against its own wishes, acceded to the requests of the players and allowed them to leave.

What goes on around the first team squad the club can, and  should, control. Rather than forcing  first team players on a reluctant manager however, you'd be better off just sacking him. No one is going to sack Antonio any time soon.

This is the thread of polar opposites. Hilarious. Half of the posters think he's world class whilst the other half think he's a midtable level player.

Now I actually do hope we sign him to see the reactions if he kills it here. :D

This is updated video of rodriguez see the mount of assists this fella can give to your team its something we need Atm cause are goals are drying up at Atm I feel hazard and Costa would have a field day playing along side him 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You