James Rodríguez

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Socur Toxanarosa said:

Hope not, we don't wanna miss another left footed world class player that fits us perfectly AGAIN

I know some lads on here talk like rodriguez is on end off his career he's only 25 and he hasn't  peaked yet seen some comments about he's to slow lampard was slow as well and he was world class player for us 

The term 'World class' get thrown around like a bloody ragdoll.

Just because he's had 1 good season does not make him world class. If he was world class he wouldn't be on Madrids bench..same with people claiming KBD is world class, or Ozil..

40 minutes ago, Chelsea? said:

your over looking the fact that he can't run up and down the field for 90min. Cause for some reason we need our Right attacking Mid to be able to do that.

If we didn't already have Hazard some on here would say not to sign him cause he had poor Workrate.

By that same logic, why bother signing a full-back that can attack. 

It's because the level/style of play in the Premier League demands it. 

Everyone slates Pep and Klopp because their teams only focus on attacking while leaving their defense gaping. Our last title was won because of our defense. And this season we have also relied on a stout defense. 

I don't want, nor do I think we can accommodate , to have an özil who nonchalantly walks around, shouting, pointing when losing the ball.

And comparing ourselves to Barcelona and Real Madrid is just foolish. Two wealthiest teams in the world. We can buy an awesome winger and still have some left over to invest in a defender.  

1 minute ago, Kezza said:

Just because he's had 1 good season does not make him world class. If he was world class he wouldn't be on Madrids bench..same with people claiming KBD is world class, or Ozil..

"If he was world class he wouldn't be on Madrids bench" Man, that's not that black and white, Real Madrid actually have more world class players than what they can field, so of course some of them will be on the bench. Kroos, Modric, James, Isco, Bale, Cristiano and Benzema are all world class players. And sometimes a workhorse like Vasquez do a better job depending on what the manager wants.

Kevin de Bruyne is absolutely world class too, possibly better than Hazard imo. Ozil is not world class, big choker.

I know some lads on here talk like rodriguez is on end off his career he's only 25 and he hasn't  peaked yet seen some comments about he's to slow lampard was slow as well and he was world class player for us 

His speed is fine, he is not flashiest player around, but he is not the slowest either.

5 minutes ago, -Kaplan- said:

Everyone slates Pep and Klopp because their teams only focus on attacking while leaving their defense gaping. Our last title was won because of our defense. And this season we have also relied on a stout defense. 

I don't want, nor do I think we can accommodate , to have another özil who nonchalantly walks around, shouting, pointing when losing the ball.

And comparing ourselves to Barcelona and Real Madrid is just foolish. Two wealthiest teams in the world. We can buy an awesome winger and still have some left over to invest in a defender.  

Except James is not another Ozil, he is better in almost every aspect and not nearly as lazy.

14 minutes ago, Socur Toxanarosa said:

"If he was world class he wouldn't be on Madrids bench" Man, that's not that black and white, Real Madrid actually have more world class players than what they can field, so of course some of them will be on the bench. Kroos, Modric, James, Isco, Bale, Cristiano and Benzema are all world class players. And sometimes a workhorse like Vasquez do a better job depending on what the manager wants.

Kevin de Bruyne is absolutely world class too, possibly better than Hazard imo. Ozil is not world class, big choker.

His speed is fine, he is not flashiest player around, but he is not the slowest either.

I can't even...

Not going to go into this as we'll derail the thread

1 hour ago, -Kaplan- said:

I don't want, nor do I think we can accommodate , to have an özil who nonchalantly walks around, shouting, pointing when losing the ball.

The Arsenal system is ok with Ozil not defending. Watch James when he was getting consistent playing time, he does more than enough tracking back. He is also good enough offensively to confer whatever deficiencies he may have Defensively. 

Do any of you know how much we've spent on these RW that can defend and "attack" in the past few years? Imagine if Cesc were able to be our RW. With James you get a similar skill set. James is better at scoring an making short passes, while cesc is better with the long ball. 

1 hour ago, Kezza said:

If you took Eden to Madrid right now he wouldn't be a constant starter. He'd play more than James is right now but he wouldn't be a sure name on the team sheet either. 

All I know is when James was playing consistently, he was really productive. I mean he has the most goals+ assists of any la liga midfielder since he went to Spain. That's even counting these past years he hasn't played much. 

3 minutes ago, Chelsea? said:

If you took Eden to Madrid right now he wouldn't be a constant starter. He'd play more than James is right now but he wouldn't be a sure name on the team sheet either. 

All I know is when James was playing consistently, he was really productive. I mean he has the most goals+ assists of any la liga midfielder since he went to Spain. That's even counting these past years he hasn't played much. 

People don't realize that :D

Right now Hazard wouldn't start for Real Madrid, period.

1 hour ago, Kezza said:

Idk how you define world class but it's just a word with different means to different people. Some would consider any player starting for a big club world class. 

But if I were to rate player 1-100:

Let's just say Messi and Ronaldo are at 95/100. Neymar, Suarez and Hazard at 90/100. Think it's fair to say James is around 87/100. 

7 minutes ago, Chelsea? said:

Idk how you define world class but it's just a word  But since FIFA has a popular rating system I'll use that as my example  

Let's just say Messi and Ronaldo are at 95/100. Neymar, Suarez and Hazard at 90/100. Think it's fair to say James is around 87/100. 

No, just no.

James is good when he plays at his best, but just because of his world cup and the season under Carlo doesn´t mean that he is still as good as he was then. I rate him, but not as much as to say that I believe that he would be a fantastic buy or that he is even near the likes of Neymar or Suarez. The fact that he is not being consistent under another manager should tell you something about his capability to adapt.

If he comes, he better work his ass off for the team. I just hope that, should this deal actually happen, he proves me and others wrong, but I just don't see it happening. 

7 minutes ago, BlueStorm1003 said:

No, just no.

James is good when he plays at his best, but just because of his world cup and the season under Carlo doesn´t mean that he is still as good as he was then. I rate him, but not as much as to say that I believe that he would be a fantastic buy or that he is even near the likes of Neymar or Suarez. The fact that he is not being consistent under another manager should tell you something about his capability to adapt.

If he comes, he better work his ass off for the team. I just hope that, should this deal actually happen, he proves me and other wrong, but I just don't see it happening. 

You act as if he had a bad year while playing. It's Real Madrid. Their entire team is full of world class players. You have to look at fit if you want a reason why he's not playing. It's like saying Cesc is not good anymore because he's not first choice. James played great football since his French league days and continued that to Madrid. Are we forgetting how poor Eden and Costa were last year? We act like Eden has been setting the world on fire every day he's been here.

when conditions are not right for a player they struggle. You can't hold the fact that he hasn't played against him. 

I rhink the main question with James is his focus and if he can fit into our RW position. I think he can. 

1 hour ago, Kezza said:

Any player in the world can be on the bench of any team. Messi could end up on Barcelona's Bench. Bale or Ronaldo on Madrid's. That can happen to anybody. What defines whether a player is World Class or not is not defined by whether or not they play for a team or not. Anything can happen to anyone at any time; certain players do not simply cease to be good because they aren't being played. Especially on teams like Real Madrid or Barcelona which are infamous for buying players with no plans to play them. 

Nevermind the fact that when James has seen any regularity he plays quite well. He's only player 859 minutes for Real Madrid this season; 19 players have played more than him. Yet he has more assists than any other player on the team. That says something.  If you ever watch Real play with James he's usually 1-2 touches away from any goal scored. That says something too. More often than not he regains balls that turn into goals. That certainly was the case in their last game against Deportivo, where two of the goals scored came from balls that James had recovered from challenges. 

I think it's funny that people here are whipping around Primadona and claiming James has a low work rate. Anyone who is a Madrid fan or who actually follows James will tell you he has a very good work rate. In fact he's probably one of the attacking midfielders who defends the most; out of any attacking midfielder I've ever seen play the game. If you look at kilometers run during a game,  when it comes to kilometers run usually only Modric or Kroos score higher, in terms of balls repossessed his numbers are quite high. And Mind you 7 out of 10 games that James plays he's played as a central or left or right midfielder. Out of position. 

As for primadona. This is England. Where any player of his caliber or price tag, or who had showed what he has when he gets any regular playing time for anyteam, would have been bitching to the media for the past 2 years. James hasn't bitched to anyone. Not even once. He's one of the most famous, well known, and popular players in the world and he has not once complained about playing time publically. If it were any other player they would have talked.

James is a hard worker. The people who are talking about him seem to really not know anything about fucking James. His mother was a single mother and his father abandoned him. He was playing professional televised football at the age of 13. He moved to Argentina all by himself at the age of 16 and to Portugal, again completely by himself by the age of 17. He's the farthest thing from a Primadona. He's a humble kid from the projects who succeeded despite all odds. 

There are few if any other players on earth who have backgrounds like his. Not with his level of skill and ability. 

The reality is James is probably too big of a personality to join Chelsea. He's the kind of player who belongs at a big, big team. Like Manchester United, Real, Bayern, or 10 years ago AC Milan. His t-shirt sales and media rights alone dwarf all the other players at Chelsea. When Messi and Ronaldo retire he'll be probably one of the few players on earth that still has the kind of worldwide recognition they do. 

59 minutes ago, firerises said:

The reality is James is probably too big of a personality to join Chelsea. He's the kind of player who belongs at a big, big team. Like Manchester United, Real, Bayern

If that's the case he can fuck off to Manchester United, Bayern or stay at Real cause no player bigger than chelsea :cig:

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You